Would you offer Kent a new deal?

New deal for Kent?

• Yes

Votes: 700 33.7%
  • No

Votes: 1,376 66.3%

• Total voters
No chance based on domestic performance over the last season, he has offered very little and it would likely take a big offer to make him stay.
Isn’t worth a large outlay in wages to try and keep him.

4a2d4f74490bcb584baadfa67b6cb7c06a9334d4.gifv

Might as well try and hold on in case he comes good again.

Look at some of the wingers we’ve signed in recent years. Kent at his best is as good a winger we’ve had since McCann.

For the love of god can someone coach him to make runs in behind defences?

I understand against the cannon fodder domestically there’s no space. But in games like tonight there’s so much space yet he insists on always coming short to receive the ball to feet.

Ironically the one time he did go in behind tonight we scored, but it was because he was coming back from offside, not through an actual intention to make that run.

No. Was undecided until recently but he looks like he needs a fresh start elsewhere. He's been a shadow of what he can be for well over a year.

Yes - due to the hope another manager can get more out of him, to protect his value and the fact I don't have full faith we would get a competent replacement.

I would feel very uncomfortable with us losing someone we paid £7m for.

He frustrates the life out of me and I’m starting to think he’s nowhere near good enough but a good 6 months elsewhere and we never hear the end of how we let him go.

Yes because we know what he is capable of doing however I can understand people saying no as recent performances have been very poor.

Looks disinterested to be honest. A shadow of what he was and I’m not up for the club trying to motivate a player with a contract offer.

If he wants an extension then earn it with application.

Yes but only because it’s money down the drain if we don’t - get him to sign then get shot would be my ideal far fetched though that is

No, sell him at the first opportunity. He’s an empty jersey, a man down and the numbers he produces as a winger is nothing short of scandalous.

He’s rotten. He’s regressed as a player, not improved. He’s not a prospect anymore either. He’s just not good enough and I wouldnt play him for a few weeks to see if the bench can give him a boot up the arse.

You have to.

We can’t afford to let him go for nothing.

Really not sure what level of club buys him at the moment?

A Burnley type?

Genuinely when was his last good game?
Leipzig at home maybe?
Before that Braga at home.
Before that god only knows.

He’s our main attacking threat and he’s nowhere near consistent enough. The fact teams target him and can do so as we have no other attacking options doesn’t work in his favour.
I’d love to see him get angry and get a straight red for a horror tackle. He needs an anger to his game that he doesn’t possess, so he gets bullied week in week out.

Yes. I think we can get more out of him. He’s got a value that we don’t want to lose for nothing.

I think he’d be better with the right players around him.

Back