Would you offer Kent a new deal?

New deal for Kent?

• Yes

Votes: 700 33.7%
  • No

Votes: 1,376 66.3%

• Total voters
We’ll spend even less if we let Kent go for nothing. The idea we can replace him spending peanuts is crazy, off form or not.
are you saying we cant find someone who can offer as much as kent does over a season or in the odd one off game?

Last edited:
We’ll spend even less if we let Kent go for nothing. The idea we can replace him spending peanuts is crazy, off form or not.
Yeah it’ll be a nightmare finding an attacker who can beat 1 goal in 10 months. Just ain’t many players who match that level of productivity.

Yeah it’ll be a nightmare finding an attacker who can beat 1 goal in 10 months. Just ain’t many players who match that level of productivity.
Good luck replacing a player who has shone in Europe for multiple seasons, not just this year, for nothing.

Good luck replacing a player who has shone in Europe for multiple seasons, not just this year, for nothing.
Not just this year? Has Kent even kicked his arse in Europe this season?

I think most of us would like someone who doesn’t go through frequent and long periods of toiling against the might of the St Mirrens and the Motherwells. Having a few great games in the Europa league isn’t making up for that.

How is it terrible business? Show the workings here.

You have said if we can’t get a transfer fee in January…when he is free to talk to clubs about a free transfer in 5 months. Who is gonna give us millions after he is tied down on a long contract?
If we can get Kent in a 3-5 yr extension then we have 3-5 years to get a transfer…plus keep one of our best players. that’s the logic. Leaving for free benefits us nowt there is no up side !

If we can get Kent in a 3-5 yr extension then we have 3-5 years to get a transfer…plus keep one of our best players. that’s the logic. Leaving for free benefits us nowt there is no up side !
Nobody wanted him with 1 year left, so why would they want him with 3-5 years left?
We'd be stuck with an underachiever for another 5 years!!!
The upside being we don't have to suffer his incompetence any longer.

Nobody wanted him with 1 year left, so why would they want him with 3-5 years left?
We'd be stuck with an underachiever for another 5 years!!!
The upside being we don't have to suffer his incompetence any longer.
I think Kent will rediscover his form as the team does. He won’t play poor for 5 years and we won’t replace him with a current squad player or new player who is better. Happy to agree to disagree there but there isn’t interest in the EPL for him because he is a poor player he is an asset and should be retained.

We've had one club bid for Kent in 3 years. If you're expecting clubs to be banging down our door in the next few years with big bids for him then you're going to be sorely disappointed.

If you sign him up to a new deal, and probably on a wage rise, then this is the Ryan Kent you're signing up for. An undoubtedly talented footballer who performs at a high level in a handful of games each season and scores an average of about 6 league goals a season.

The idea of another 4 years of Kent's output over the past 18 months isn't exactly moutwatering.

Like Morelos, one of our highest earners heading into to his final year! Would you offer him a new deal?

It's a no for me
He's been good for us at times, we've been good for him. He decked the lego muncher and lifted the team and support but time to go. Coop left Laudrup left they gave us more than ryan and we got on with things- maybe time for matondo to step up.

I would be tempted to try him in the centre of the front mid 3 and tell him to shoot on sight, at least until Tom Lawrence is back. I know that makes us look a bit light across the 3 but the holding mids behind are there for a purpose.

I would be tempted to try him in the centre of the front mid 3 and tell him to shoot on sight, at least until Tom Lawrence is back. I know that makes us look a bit light across the 3 but the holding mids behind are there for a purpose.
I've still not been able to purge from my mind his two efforts in the europa league final and you want him to shoot more, christ on a bike :D

Back