Would you offer Kent a new deal?

New deal for Kent?

• Yes

Votes: 700 33.7%
  • No

Votes: 1,376 66.3%

• Total voters
Id say it would be fine to keep them for that long if we were strategic in the way we are developing our squad.

Clearly we arent though. There doesnt appear to be any strategy to our mid/long term transfer plans or squad development
Yeah I agree. Could understand keeping them up until thier last year if we had young talents needing the extra time on loan or whatever before starting in our 1st team.

Next summer is going to be interesting trying to address the goalkeepers, LW, perennial RW issue, another striker and probably looking at needing at least 3 centre mids (assuming Arfield, Davis and Jack all leave).

We clearly aren't going to be making much from player sales either. Kamara probably has the highest value in the squad and that is eroding away every week he isn't starting.

I really hope some of the rumour about money being held back for next summer are true or we could be back to doing a Gerrard style rebuild on a shoestring.

It's a no for me solely based on the fact there are players that will score far more goals than Kent for us in that position and goals win games and prizes.

Doubt he's going to accept that when he can leave for a free in the summer, land himself a decent signing on fee and wages down in England.
On his form going back 24 months whos going to sign him,lower tier English side. Up to him to get himself back in the window

25k a week, pay as you play.

That's £25k he pays us by the way!

Seriously, I cannot wait to see the back of him, so no contract offer for me.

Definitely a no from me he has been non existent so far this season his numbers are atrocious time to punt him and get some money back he’s been a waste of £7 million

We are in the same position as goldson where he is waiting to see which cannon fodder in the epl or decent championship team comes in for him. If he doesn’t fancy it he will sign up.

I’d thank him for his efforts as he has been a good player for us and send him on his way

He’s a homegrown English player in his peak years whose just off the back of a European final.

He’s worth at least what we paid for him, even if he’s off form right now.
There´s a lot of homegrown English players in their peak years, just depends if their any good or not.

For me, he´s never done it consistently enough. Take a look at his numbers and keep in mind that´s in the SPFL playing against dross every week.

We are in the same position as goldson where he is waiting to see which cannon fodder in the epl or decent championship team comes in for him. If he doesn’t fancy it he will sign up.

I’d thank him for his efforts as he has been a good player for us and send him on his way
If Kent's here beyond this season it'll be a disgrace.

The majority on here want to see the back of him ASAP simply because he's been playing terribly for a very long time. We all see it.
The really galling thing is, he will start the next game for us anyway. No matter how shit he plays. It's really pissing me off. And before anyone says "who replaces him"? ANYONE would do more than him right now, be that Sakala, Matondo or even playing Yilmaz in his place!

At one stage I would have said offer a new contract with a view to moving on and recouping some of the inital investment however now would say just let him go. Truth be told , given his poor performances over the past number of months he would be worth only a fraction of what we paid - thats if we could find a buyer.

He's not, nowhere near it.
He's never been a £7m player, we're only finally admitting it now.

In the last few months of a contract and looking like he's lost the heart and will to even bother trying to earn a new one, anyone offering anything more than a token fee would be off their head.

Hopefully we can find one in January and get something rather than nothing, but even going for nothing is better than spending more on him on a wages/signing-on-again fee for a new contract in the vain hope it'll somehow make clubs run in with their wallets open.

If they actually want him, they'll do a pre-contract in January.

Sometimes I think the guy is depressed and just doesn't want to play football anymore.

His appetite for the game seems to be small and you rarely see him smiling. I hope that's all just a facade and he's a happy young man, of course.

67%currently saying no. Are you guys on drugs ? He's an exceptional player who can turn a game and should be valued as such. OK so he's going thro a relatively lean spell at the moment but he deserves a break. I'm convinced he'll prove the doom-mongers wrong, have no fear!

Overall I’d say he deserves a new deal. He needs to improve though. Also, it would depend on wages too. He’s obviously got the talent and wingers go through patches when they lose form. This patch is just lasting longer than any of us would like but he’s not the only one.

67%currently saying no. Are you guys on drugs ? He's an exceptional player who can turn a game and should be valued as such. OK so he's going thro a relatively lean spell at the moment but he deserves a break. I'm convinced he'll prove the doom-mongers wrong, have no fear!

The Ryan Kent argument brings back memories of the people who would not admit that Paul LeGuen was a dud.
There's probably still a few on here who think he was an excellent coach!

Do you still believe in Santa?

Top Player out of form with a big outlay. Has to be Yes terrible business not to. I think a lot of these No responses are a bit of an emotional response. If you cant get a transfer fee in January you need to offer a contract, which we will offer...Its prob out out hands as Kent will be looking elsewhere IMO - not ideal but you cant let a good player who you spent £7m on walk out for free the same people will want Ross Wilson sacked for that !

Kent is a good player, but he is playing really poor at the moment, but I will say for a forward his shooting is terrible and if he knew how to score he would have had loads of clubs in for him. I think his faults are workable, but sadly our players, coaches, and managers don't seem to see problems and even simple issues and are oblivious to everything.

Over the past year and a half he's played well maybe four times.
Form like that doesn',t attract suitors.
He's been poor domestically, there's no doubt about that.

I still say a director of football could easily have sold him for more than we bought him for, armed only with a DVD of last year's Europa League.

That ship has sailed now.

He's been on the decline hugely this season. We can't be giving out wages of 20k+ a week on players like that. He will be in the English Championship next season.

Hello Casper kent

I would say no, we’ve had our money’s worth out of him by his European performances but never really been consistent enough in Europe.

Fresh start be good for both imo.

Don't think he deserves half the criticism he gets. Always works hard and has delivered in some massive games for us. Normally has 2 men marking him, which both shows how highly opposition managers rate him, but also suggests there should be players taking advantage of space elsewhere and really it's other players in the team that are the problem not Kent.

No brainer in my eyes to offer him a contract. Why would you want to lose one of our better players on a free

Don't think he deserves half the criticism he gets. Always works hard and has delivered in some massive games for us. Normally has 2 men marking him, which both shows how highly opposition managers rate him, but also suggests there should be players taking advantage of space elsewhere and really it's other players in the team that are the problem not Kent.

No brainer in my eyes to offer him a contract. Why would you want to lose one of our better players on a free
Used to work hard, hasn't done so all season. Checked out.
I'd pay his cab to West Brom or Watford.

Aye he's not proved us wrong in the best part of 4 and a half years, but he'll do it any day now...

no he doesnt.

I got ripped to shreds on here for saying I’d rather jota than kent.

He’s very fortunate there’s not much competition for his position.
Same mate. Posted my thoughts , went back on FF a few hours later and had 20 plus replies roasting me.
These posters are either silent or somewhere in this thread now agreeing with us

Back