Napoli Away?

So, will there be no away fans at English stadiums when playing in Europe this week then??

If there are, then why just us have blanket ban for home and away ??
Could be that we are the only one who have had a date change, the napoli fans will mostly be away home on wednesday and UEFA being the pricks they are see that banning our fans is a fair solution. Which of course it aint, not the UEFA will care.

Be interesting if those out of pocket will be given Liverpool tickets given many of us actually won’t even get a refund the way fans did from CTM

I fail to see how the club can fully refund those missing out on Ajax as well as 15 points and a guaranteed brief for Liverpool, and not apply the same to those booked up for Napoli (except we won’t get a refund) but points and a guaranteed Liverpool ticket should be under consideration to ensure consistency

@Greg Marshall
Never going to happen but am sure points were awared for Lyon for people that couldn't travel, although that happened a lot closer to the game when tickets were purchased

The only info I have at this time is the club statement.

once more many of our fans are left potentially out of pocket through no fault of their own.
Agreed on the last part and surely we should be guaranteed Liverpool tickets given the club have set precedent with the USG, PSV and Ajax decisions to guarantee those booked up that missed out, tickets for the next match.

We know this decision now so surely Liverpool tickets should be guaranteed for those that can prove they booked flights prior to today?

Be interesting if those out of pocket will be given Liverpool tickets given many of us actually won’t even get a refund the way fans did from CTM

I fail to see how the club can fully refund those missing out on Ajax as well as 15 points and a guaranteed brief for Liverpool, and not apply the same to those booked up for Napoli (except we won’t get a refund) but points and a guaranteed Liverpool ticket should be under consideration to ensure consistency

@Greg Marshall
Because the money wasn't spent directly on Rangers I'll assume we're onto nothing, Rangers couldn't give a %^*& if we're being honest.

Because the money wasn't spent directly on Rangers I'll assume we're onto nothing, Rangers couldn't give a %^*& if we're being honest.

CTM flight monies didn’t go to Rangers either.

Anyone who was impacted there is getting a full refund plus Liverpool ticket, what are people that booked Napoli getting?

A regular since 1995. Was maximum Travel Club points before it was disbanded.

high gold now

Only done every trip except Alashkert away and Dortmund away since we came back up

how about you ?

Read above.

It is currently £23.99 Edinburgh to Pisa on the Sunday, would’ve got it way cheaper when the draw was made.

I went to USG game via Pisa and returned from Ajax on Thursday night via Pisa, both booked last minute both around £20
Ah ok just a banger then?

Iv been to quite a lot of aways, nit as many as you. Did do Dortmund so roon yie

CTM flight monies didn’t go to Rangers either.

Anyone who was impacted there is getting a full refund, what are people that booked Napoli getting?
Absolutely nothing probably mate, not even an apology from UEFA it seems. Tiny sentence squeezed into the clubs statement was enough it seems. It's okay though more home tickets for MyGers members... All that matters to the club :D

@Greg Marshall
You can screen grab itinerary to Naples unpaid , they knew who’s actually booked and paid for the ajax official trip

@Greg Marshall
The club have zero way of policing that though.

You'd have 10K fans claiming they've booked flights and hotels.

Agreed on the last part and surely we should be guaranteed Liverpool tickets given the club have set precedent with the USG, PSV and Ajax decisions to guarantee those booked up that missed out, tickets for the next match.

We know this decision now so surely Liverpool tickets should be guaranteed for those that can prove they booked flights prior to today?
The guarantee was for those that booked with CTM for previous matches as official travel partner. And it was a ridiculous decision.

What you are suggesting isn’t comparable in the slightest and is a complete non starter.

@Greg Marshall

As a Bronze member on 200 points, I'd fully support that :D

As annoyed as the next person but people getting tickets for Liverpool due to ajax and Naples being cancelled is ridiculous imo , we’ll just do away with the loyalty scheme and you get a ticket for Tynecastle if your flight to Benidorm is cancelled

Not a chance it's happening for Naples.

The Ajax one I can understand tbh and in reality it's going to benefit a tiny number as the majority on that flight would've got Liverpool anyway.

The Ajax one I can understand tbh and in reality it's going to benefit a tiny number as the majority on that flight would've got Liverpool anyway.
Ajax should been 15 points and that’s it , Agree might effect a tiny number but there still might be someone missing out on more points than someone on the official ajax trip

So, will there be no away fans at English stadiums when playing in Europe this week then??

If there are, then why just us have blanket ban for home and away ??
Ask the Scottish police.
Perhaps they do not have the officers available after having to cope with wats going on in the next few days.
Or ask your government why the Scottish police force cannot cope.

There shouldn’t be ANYONE on higher points missing out off the back of this ridiculous decision.

If they are allocating from the players/staff pot fair enough but that won’t be the case.

Someone just put this in my group chat..

Liverpool
Chelsea
Man City
Arsenal

All at home this week , are we the only stadium unable to facilitate 500 away fans?
None of the above have the Queen in the same area on matchday. Arsenal game will also be in doubt for Thursday I'd imagine.

Not feeling it, from the UEFA perspective.

Rangers appear to have been forced into the no away fans situation due to policing.

To then, in effect, punish the Rangers fans, by not allowing them to travel to the away tie, smacks of posturing.

I've no expectation with the club sorting something out. Hence why I've just bought a ticket myself for the game in Napoli.

At least I know what to expect and it's on me whatever happens. My OCD made me do it.

Where there’s a will, there’s a way of being able to police proof flights were booked
Not sure there is.

As posters above have said its easy to screen shot or photoshop travel documents.

It's a complete non starter.

The reason the club felt as though they had to do something about the Ajax trip was because CTM were the clubs chosen travel partner so therfore they felt partly responsible.

thankfully only lost out on £30 for one way flights - arriving into naples.

didn’t sort out a return route but could be a lot lot worse.

I've no expectation with the club sorting something out. Hence why I've just bought a ticket myself for the game in Napoli.

At least I know what to expect and it's on me whatever happens. My OCD made me do it.

What section? I didn't think tickets were on sale yet.

@Greg Marshall

What did we get when the game v Blackpool was cancelled 2 days before last season, or

the Sparta Prague game where away fans were only banned 2 weeks or so before the game.

No one even knew if they were getting a ticket. I missed Dortmund last season as I only ticked independent only but folk with less points who went on the official flight got tickets.

If by applying your formula a lot of high gold would miss out.

A regular since 1995. Was maximum Travel Club points before it was disbanded.

high gold now

Only done every trip except Alashkert away and Dortmund away since we came back up

how about you ?

Read above.

It is currently £23.99 Edinburgh to Pisa on the Sunday, would’ve got it way cheaper when the draw was made.

I went to USG game via Pisa and returned from Ajax on Thursday night via Pisa, both booked last minute both around £20
You’re clueless.

Couldn’t get them until the fixtures were confirmed and prices immediately fly up.

Secondly, the game is due to be the Wednesday, some folk don’t have the leave to go on the Sunday.

If you’re regulary traveling for £9.99, please stop gatekeeping and help the rest of us save some cash

Wouldn't be paying over the odds, they will go to general sale.

I'll try get my hotel to sort us tickets, absolute farce this is.
It was over the odds - but it wasn't a piss take tbh so just went for it. Nothing compared to the prices they have for Rangers v Ajax for example which are like 500.

I have issues with the board and I am booked up for the away game. Not sure exactly why folk are piling onto the club here to be honest. If the police are saying the only way the home leg happens is with no away fans due to numbers, and if UEFA say we need to send no away fans if we are not taking any in, the club is not able to do a damn thing about it and a wee paragraph on the end of the statement would make not a single bit of difference.

Last edited:
Back