GVB after match press conference

You've not got a great grip on reality if you expected Van Bronkhorst to come out and start having a go at the board and Ross Wilson.
Did I say that? No

I said Gio said everything was ok but no its not.

Not that difficult to read my post

Ajax and Napoli are better than us but they’re not at the level you made out.

They’ll both be cannon fodder in the knockouts.
Napoli just smashed Liverpool 4-1 and I think there's a very good chance they could win the Serie A this season.

Ajax may be, but 2 years ago they where a minute away from making the Champions League final.

Imagine having the audacity to ask about our big summer signing CB that has barely kicked a ball and that sat on the bench while we played 2 CMs ahead of him then brought on an 18 year old instead of him.
The two questions were pretty good and the type most fans would like to know the answers to. David's then the next one about all of the summer signings being left out. Obviously the manager is going to be cautious with what he answers with but shouldn't really be having to ask these questions anyway. Shouldn't be in the position of spending over 10m worth of players and none of them really featuring despite some being fit. Especially with the team that's on the park being so poor lately. Someone has to take responsibility for that.

Did I say that? No

I said Gio said everything was ok but no its not.

Not that difficult to read my post
So what exactly is your point here?

You're annoyed he gave a standard answer and using it as a stick to beat him with but take issue with my post telling you it's fantasy stuff for him to say anything else. I'm confused.

Weird that he didn't like that Davies question. It's a completely valid question that other journalists should be asking too.
The Davies signing is a strange one. I‘m sure it was the day we played Blackpool and it broke in the transfer thread that we were signing him, rumours that turned out to be true very quickly. GVB spoke after the Blackpool game and I don’t think he had a clue we were signing him at least at that stage

Definitely something wrong in terms of GvB & his view on Davies. He doesn’t make the injury out to be that bad while stating King was ahead of him in the pecking order. Which is great for the upcoming talent, but nah a bit iffy.

I long for the days of Mark Allen. He wasn't the best but he's miles better than the overgrown toddler we have currently identifying players.
The only difference was Mark Allen signed players that were then put into a good coaching team.

No we don’t have that. We have Gio, a youth coach and a Psychologist.

However when we compete against dross in Scotland we struggle to get results. If anyone thinks we're going forward under Gio I would love to hear your thoughts.
It's hard to move forward when we sell our best players that are influential to the team and how we set up and replace them with random punts. He's firefighting.

Weird that he didn't like that Davies question. It's a completely valid question that other journalists should be asking too.
Yes it's strange indeed. And to use the excuse he's been injured when he made the bench a week ago is clearly spurious.

Against 2 of the top clubs in European football. The gulf in class is massive it's like us playing St Johnstone or Killie. Some perspective is required. We competed tonight until the sending off.
Aye Motherwell, Ross County, Dundee Utd, Hibs, Celtic.

All too European clubs.

You're annoyed he gave a standard answer and using it as a stick to beat him with but take issue with my post telling you it's fantasy stuff for him to say anything else. I'm confused.
if you think he's happy with fielding that starting 11 thats bonkers

but his tactics are also to blame not tonight but previous games and in the spfl

the fans deserve to know is gio just a coach and doesnt decide which players sign

Looks like a sack race between GVB and Ross Wilson then because the relationship clearly ain’t working it and the squad is being taken backwards the fans deserve better and hopefully the manager reveals the truth shortly behind the signings
I’d be delighted to see them both gone, just so we know for definite we’ve cut the root out of our problems!!!

He was a failure in the league last season before we sold anyone.

Sometimes you just have to accept that Gio isn’t a very good manager.
Nobody ever would swap our European journey for the league last season.

A poor manager would never have taken us there.

He was a failure in the league last season before we sold anyone.

Sometimes you just have to accept that Gio isn’t a very good manager.
I don't know mate.. If you see my previous comments after Ajax and Celtic I wanted his head. But there's more too hit. Guy was jumping about goin mental at the touch line.. Plays pretty much the same team as Gerrard’s. There's more to this. Don't let him be the fall guy while certain people hide in the background.

Some poor results domestically, some fantastic results European wise or should we forget Braga, Dortmund, Liepzig and PSV?
I actually couldn’t care less about those results if it means chucking the league every season.

Gios system suits us better in Europe but he doesn’t change domestically and treats an away game to Hibs in the same manner. That’s his problem.

Agreed.

Recruitment from that wee fraud Ross Wilson is only 50% of the problem.

The other 50% is firmly on GVB for his tactics, team selection and style of play.

It creates the ultimate clusterfcuk when you have a guy who doesn't know what he's doing when it comes to recruitment, a manager who's tactically inept/negative and a board overseeing it all who need freshened up and still running on the fumes of goodwill from yesteryear.

We could probably get by if we had a poor DOF and a good manager, maybe do slightly better if we had a better DOF and poor manager then you throw in the board and we have a perfect storm recipe…

A board who dont like to be questioned, a DOF who has about a 20% hit rate and a negative manager, its not great.

It's hard to move forward when we sell our best players that are influential to the team and how we set up and replace them with random punts. He's firefighting.
How we set up is down to the manager. 11-0 over the last 3 games is just not good enough.

We may have lost some good players but under Gio we have struggled massively domestically despite a much greater budget.

Our Euro run bought him time and rightly so but the signs were there then and they are screaming in our face now.

If it truly is the case that Gio doesn't have any say in signings then I do feel a bit for him,

But no matter who he has in the squad it's his responsibility to have them fitter and sharper than they have been. It's up to him to gert them motivated. He hasn't done that
And to play attacking football (at least in Scotland)…. Which he most certainly has not

Nobody ever would swap our European journey for the league last season.

A poor manager would never have taken us there.
A better manager would be able to beat the dross in the league.

He is far too negative domestically to be a success here and nearly a year down the line he is still making the same mistakes.

Ignoring the recruitment for a second, we should be hammering every single team in this league yet we make every away game an absolute struggle.

The having two eyes comment shows that somethings not right one way or another.

I dunno if I’m over analysing it but a manger who has a large hand in signings maybe would be be saying that.

A couple have contributed of course but it’s more the glaring fact of the midfield is the main bug bearer

Still clinging on to Davies coming good when he actually plays. Because It’s clearly an injury there’s no way sands is better option

You expect him to say Aye Wilson fucked it, they are all useless".

Was good pointed questioning by fan media
No he could have said weeks ago RW signs the players but no he said he was happy.

Tough shit Gio because you'll be gone long before Ross Wilson unfortunately

I know you're confused its quite clear

How we set up is down to the manager. 11-0 over the last 3 games is just not good enough.

We may have lost some good players but under Gio we have struggled massively domestically despite a much greater budget.

Our Euro run bought him time and rightly so but the signs were there then and they are screaming in our face now.
What do we do then? Sack him and hope for a miracle home and away against Liverpool and away in Naples or will the next manager be sacked too if we get smashed in they games too?

Remember Gio has taken us into the ECL, something Gerrard failed to do. He's more than earned the right to manage our club and has been let down massively.

This goes way above Gios head. Blaming the manager and neglecting the rest is just silly (no offence).

What do we do then? Sack him and hope for a miracle home and away against Liverpool and away in Naples or will the next manager be sacked too if we get smashed in they games too?

Remember Gio has taken us into the ECL, something Gerrard failed to do. He's more than earned the right to manage our club and has been let down massively.

This goes way above Gios head. Blaming the manager and neglecting the rest is just silly (no offence).
No we sack him and accept we aren’t getting out the group either way but we might have a chance in the league to gain Champions League next season if we bring someone in who isn’t scared to play Hibs away.

Stick with Gio and we will be trying to get through the non champions path qualifiers again where we might not be so lucky next time.

We beat PSV but let’s not pretend it wasn’t through any kind of luck, they missed umpteen chances and should have buried us, then gifted us a goal on a plate.

No he could have said weeks ago RW signs the players but no he said he was happy.

Tough shit Gio because you'll be gone long before Ross Wilson unfortunately
He isnt going to openly call out the recruitment.

Our biggest problem is Wilson, nothing changes just replacing Gio and leaving Wilson in place.

A better manager would be able to beat the dross in the league.

He is far too negative domestically to be a success here and nearly a year down the line he is still making the same mistakes.

Ignoring the recruitment for a second, we should be hammering every single team in this league yet we make every away game an absolute struggle.
Who's this better manager?

With the squad we have we won't be hammering every team in the league. We have lost arguably our two best players and not replaced them. We are playing aging players instead of the pap brought to the club.

You simply can't ignore recruitment when it's completely failed the manager and the support. Check the goalkeeping situation ffs. An injury prone player from Hearts, a English Championship standard defender crock from Liverpool and we are supposed to compete or moan like %^*& when we lose to a team that pumped that Liverpool 4-1? Davies was about 14th choice at Liverpool.

No we sack him and accept we aren’t getting out the group either way but we might have a chance in the league to gain Champions League next season if we bring someone in who isn’t scared to play Hibs away.

Stick with Gio and we will be trying to get through the non champions path qualifiers again where we might not be so lucky next time.

We beat PSV but let’s not pretend it wasn’t through any kind of luck, they missed umpteen chances and should have buried us, then gifted us a goal on a plate.
said this a few times we rode our luck a few times against psv

we also rode our luck in the europa league last season at times

How was he scared to play Hibs away? We are completely in control of the game until two players got sent off? Who's this manager who will take this group of players and shape a team that will win the league this season? Santa Claus? There's no chance this squad is winning the league this year and the scum dropping points because they have backed their manager. None. Zero.

We lose or draw it's because of the manager? We win and it's lucky? Fair enough.

Back