The pain on Reddit

r/Scotland has really shown itself up this weekend (more than it usually does), don’t even want to link to it but basically they’re praising the Celtic and Dundee United supporters.

Absolute scumbags.
r/Glasgow and r/Scotland are shocking,the hatred towards us,football politics,parades,nutters the lot of them.

I don't use forum's other than FF but I'll admit to leaving a few contraversial messages on skumtik YouTube comments when I'm bored :shh:

r/Scotland has really shown itself up this weekend (more than it usually does), don’t even want to link to it but basically they’re praising the Celtic and Dundee United supporters.

Absolute scumbags.
It’s a total cesspit. Thankfully they are the vocal minority, the past week has shown that.

Reactions: FSM
r/pearlclutching or r/ohthehumanity

"I heard a handful of fireworks at 8pm. My poor wee dog is shaking and I couldn't even enjoy my cup of green tea without feeling sick with fear. These soccerball fans as I call them are such a menace. I saw one walking down the street with a scarf on and I stayed in the house for 3 days just to be on the safe side. I wish oor (I'm so glesgae me) nicola would do something"

"I heard a handful of fireworks at 8pm. My poor wee dog is shaking and I couldn't even enjoy my cup of green tea without feeling sick with fear. These soccerball fans as I call them are such a menace. I saw one walking down the street with a scarf on and I stayed in the house for 3 days just to be on the safe side. I wish oor (I'm so glesgae me) nicola would do something"
Soccerball is my most favouritest sport.

Still browse r/soccer for the headlines but never really click the threads. I saw the Lafferty one trending yesterday and it was utterly predictable. Celtic fans claiming they are proud to be called "19th Century Terrorists" yet have no answer when asked why so many of them ask for it to be outlawed.

Seems most English fans actually sympathise with them on there these days.

Selection bias

Reddit is a social media that attracts social outcasts, "weird" people, very online people, is a hub for online activism, is full of middle class 16-30 year olds, contains many niche hobbies and interests etc

Therefore you dont get many "normal" people on it and it certainly isnt balanced. Its a hub for exactly the type of people who in Scotland are supportive of the Greens and SNP, and to some extent Celtic. It also doesnt help that reddit is awash with fantasists who spread misinformation and are just "karma farming" with outrageous, provocative or "easy" posts which tend to target those who arent on reddit to defend themselves (the working class, british people generally, anyone above the age of 30, etc etc)
This post should be pinned at the top of this thread for anyone getting annoyed at the pish being posted on r/glasgow or r/scottishfootball.

Reddit is most definitely not representative of the wider public or society in general, no matter what some on there may try to claim.

The Scottish Football thread on Reddit is just more pro-Celtic rubbish. As usual, they infiltrate the admin positions and use it for propaganda. I’ve been banned for slagging Celtic and you can check what posts have been secretly deleted and their admin do it constantly with anything anti-Celtic.

Not as bad as i expected tbh. But about half of the "Rangers fans" on it seem to say they dont really support Rangers anymore and blame sectarianism etc.

Cant remember if it was on the Glasgow or Scotland page but a couple of weeks ago there was a thread about the 55 celebrations and a fight that went on. The poster was asking why they were fighting and acting like it was the worst thing in the world. Bascially turned into the usual anti-Rangers pile on. No doubt the poster was just looking for an excuse to take digs.

This post should be pinned at the top of this thread for anyone getting annoyed at the pish being posted on r/glasgow or r/scottishfootball.

Reddit is most definitely not representative of the wider public or society in general, no matter what some on there may try to claim.
Case in point, the amount of people on that thread who claim to be Partick Thistle fans.

I've lived in Maryhill, I went to Glasgow Uni. I've met one Partick Thistle fan in my entire life. They obviously brought a lot of fans a few weeks ago so I know they exist, but they might as well be invisible.

Reactions: FSM
Screenshot-20210918-182314-930.png

Same shit every year from them. r/Scotland is where the deluded brain dead go to compliment each other. I'm not really a religious person and I never really bothered going to the Orange Walk, but going on to places like Reddit and seeing them all upset and mad makes me happy.

Last edited:
I`ve been trying to log in to abuse them, like I normally do. But looks like am banned. Won`t accept my details and no new reset password emails coming :)

Back