Match Thread Ukraine v Scotland 19:45 Premier Sports

That was quite tremendous as a defensive performance.
Hard as it is to admit, Porteous was my man of the match.
The discipline in holding the line with the rest of his defensive four was a lesson in how this is done.
Clarke certainly done his work with this team.
Craig Gordon surely mom?

Some may not like it on FF, but this has been a great 7 days for the National Team. Well done Clarke and the team. Good to see ZERO is still his MO :)

Hickey reads the game so well which surprised me - he looks a top prospect.

Porteous actually had a good game and looked composed which surprised me.

With the injuries that is a decent result tbh.

I'll say one thing about Steve Clarke, he does get his teams set up to strangle the life out of a game.

But fair's fair given the selection problems for tonight's game, well done all involved.

Job well done.

Think the last 3 games have shown we don’t need to shoehorn Robertson and Tierney into the same team. Four at the back is a much better system for me. And of the two left backs Tierney would get the nod for me

That was quite tremendous as a defensive performance.
Hard as it is to admit, Porteous was my man of the match.
The discipline in holding the line with the rest of his defensive four was a lesson in how this is done.
Clarke certainly did his work with this team.
Hendry had a very decent game and can't have been easy trying to organise that defence with Porteous and Taylor. Hickey never put a foot wrong again too. Oh and I'm so glad Craig Gordon left Celtc for Hearts as he's a far far better keeper than Hart.

I hate to say it but Porteous was outstanding.
Your hatred is matched by mine. But fair play to him.
How come premier sports are now covering both games in their review? Us and the ROI.
You get what you pay for right enough.
Good job Neil Doncaster has done a great job with scottish footie tv contract for the next 7 years eh?

Gordon, Hickey, Hendry, Jack, Adams all played very well.

I see praise for Porteous, but he was still in among flashpoints unnecessarily. 90th minute and he's striding up the park and giving the ball away. Immature at times.

Callum McGregor will need a couple of weeks off. He looked knackered.
McGinn was pretty quiet as well.

Scotland have a few solid players and it looks like we can compete at that 2nd tier. Hopefully we get one of the lesser #1 seeds for Euros qualifying.

Reactions: dmg
Top two in the group go to the euros from group A and unbelievably Scotland will go in seeded

And a guaranteed playoff spot if not in top 2
Are they not different things? We're into group A of the Nations league but also now into Euro qualifying pot 2 which means we're seeded when those groups are drawn, and its top 2 from there?

We've secure a playoff spot at worst through the Nations league but I don't think we can achieve anything better from the NL alone

There is no question the boy can play, it's just his lack of maturity generally, and his apparent desire to half anyone in a Rangers shirt in two. Maybe he'll grow up soon.
There's definitely a player in there with the right coaching and management. He's the kind of player a quality man manager like Walter could've have got the best out of.

Porteous was absolutely outstanding tonight.

I feel fucking disgusting saying that.

If he wasn't such a knob....
It shows you what he can do if he cuts out the nonsense and the wee motors inside his head.

Fantastic result for Scotland given the paucity of ability in the starting 11. Well deserved.

Back