Match Thread Ukraine v Scotland 19:45 Premier Sports

Great achievement, poor performance overall but job done. Some decent individual performances, but apart from Jack I don't really care about that.

I can't stand Clarke, but he has got us into a decent place so credit for that.

Top two in the group go to the euros from group A and unbelievably Scotland will go in seeded

And a guaranteed playoff spot if not in top 2
Plus basically everyone in Pot A will get their automatically through the proper route so we are all but guaranteed to get into the 2028 one

Porteous was absolutely outstanding tonight.

I feel fucking disgusting saying that.

If he wasn't such a knob....
Thing is he can be quite good when he plays football rather than acting like a bellend.
Scotland in the top tier is a fantastic achievement. I’m still getting used to supporting Scotland not being completely soul-destroying after so long. It’s taking a while.

Hendry had a very decent game and can't have been easy trying to organise that defence with Porteous and Taylor. Hickey never put a foot wrong again too. Oh and I'm so glad Craig Gordon left Celtc for Hearts as he's a far far better keeper than Hart.
Yes, Hendry was also tremendous, the reason I picked out Porteous was he was a new boy and I also liked the way he tried to hit intelligent space when he was forced into clearing the ball forward.

Listening to BBC shortbread.

Stunned that Willie Miller is still on the go as a 'pundit'.

Outstanding analysis, on - ukraine if you dont take your chances you wont win.

Conditions poor... etc

Scotland goalkeeper- Gordon made a couple of great saves to keep us in the game.

More in depth stuff that I've probably missed.

I still don’t know how this nations league works

My brain won’t allow it
Could actually be a really good set-up. Ditch the European Championship, increase the group sizes and just have European champions base on the mini tournament at the end. Could make this a glamour group stage rather than Semis & final.

Would do away with complete mis-matches in the EC groups as everyone would be playing against teams of reasonably similar standard. Promotion/ relegation on merit rather than seedings partly based on meaningless friendlies.

Think Porteous had a good game tonight. Perhaps being a Hibs player has stunted his game. Still cant stand him ;)

Should we sign him?
It wouldn't be popular.
However, he probably is a player who needs a lot of calming and some proper coaching.
You can joke all you want, but he doesn't get bullied, he can tackle and when he keeps the head he shows some discipline in his positioning.
Then when you add that he isn't constantly on the fckn treatment bench, he has a few things going for him.

However, if he keeps his temperament under control he will get a decent move down south.
We won't be buying him.

I thought both sides were utter garbage but that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.
It was a fairly shyte game from a football perspective, but as a defensive performance, Scotland gave a fantastic account of themselves considering their selection problems.

Who would have thought after that 3-0 defeat in Ireland we would win the group and England relegated .

Gordon, Hickey, Hendry, Jack, Adams all played very well.

I see praise for Porteous, but he was still in among flashpoints unnecessarily. 90th minute and he's striding up the park and giving the ball away. Immature at times.

Callum McGregor will need a couple of weeks off. He looked knackered.
McGinn was pretty quiet as well.

Scotland have a few solid players and it looks like we can compete at that 2nd tier. Hopefully we get one of the lesser #1 seeds for Euros qualifying.
Top two go through from each group I think.

It wouldn't be popular.
However, he probably is a player who needs a lot of calming and some proper coaching.
You can joke all you want, but he doesn't get bullied, he can tackle and when he keeps the head he shows some discipline in his positioning.
Then when you add that he isn't constantly on the fckn treatment bench, he has a few things going for him.

However, if he keeps his temperament under control he will get a decent move down south.
We won't be buying him.

No, no and triple no!!

He's a ned, a thug, a Rangers hating scumbag who should be nowhere near our club.

That’s the best
I thought he strolled it. May have been a fair bit easier playing on Hickey's side rather than Taylor's though.
was rather refreshing our back line had pace, take Taylor out replace with tierney it’s a decent back 4 as I was very surprised how good the hibs thug was

it wasn't pretty, but we rode our luck at times and defended well when we had to, all in all we have something to build on going forward

It wouldn't be popular.

We won't be buying him.
He’s far more likely to sign for the filth than us

Let's go back to draw groups. First two go through. Everybody playing Wednesday and Saturday. And bring Sportsnight back for the highlights.
International games every night for near on a fortnight is just utter shite.

Back