Old Firm should battle it out for Porteous - Kris Boyd

Hope he signs for them, he gives away at least a couple of goals v us each season through his stupidity. Could you imagine him in an Old Firm game?

His disciplinary record is abominable. If we signed him it would increase threefold. The boy is just a wee thug.

I couldn’t stomach us signing him. The media are making him out as some sort of wonder player after a game for Scotland . He will show his true colours soon enough by doing another scumbag reckless tackle , as that is what he does on a weekly basis. An awful person and awful player

Gets away with a lot of thuggery at Hivs, but that would see him sin die by the authorities at our club.

Absolute lady's front bottom of a guy, but as Boyd says, he's good on the ball, quick and aggressive.

If we signed him, which I'm not advocating we do btw, the media would be all over it demanding he was red carded every time he went anywhere near it.

If he signs for the beasts they'd do a series of fluff pieces in the press about how he is really a great guy, misunderstood, his dog hasnt been well and he actually has been doing a lot of charity work.

He'd become the new Scott Brown, a protected species domestically, commentators chuckling away at malicious tackles and saying "that's just Ports innit".

He'd be an auto pick for the alky in charge at the national team if he signed for them too which will increase his value and exposure, and also make him further untouchable with referees.

He had one good game for Scotland, he’s generally shite and gets too caught up in trying to piss off other players which they then use to force him into mistakes. He would get about 5 red cards a season for us as well. On top of that he’s a grade A prick. No thanks.

He’s a better player than most on here would say but there are a couple of reasons why he wouldn’t be a success for Rangers.
One, his style of play, the thuggery bit, wouldn’t be tolerated whilst in a Rangers jersey.
Two, see one.
If he were to develop, he likely has to leave Scotland, imo.

On the face of it it’s ridiculous suggestion but he is someone who with the right coaching etc could be a decent centre half and could make the step up. Our only chance would be if he ran down his contract as hibs arent selling to us
Unfortunately no amount of coaching would help his state of mind. In the high stakes and passion of an OF game he’d be a red card waiting to happen. He wouldn’t be able to help himself.

Absolute lady's front bottom of a guy, but as Boyd says, he's good on the ball, quick and aggressive.

If we signed him, which I'm not advocating we do btw, the media would be all over it demanding he was red carded every time he went anywhere near it.

If he signs for the beasts they'd do a series of fluff pieces in the press about how he is really a great guy, misunderstood, his dog hasnt been well and he actually has been doing a lot of charity work.

He'd become the new Scott Brown, a protected species domestically, commentators chuckling away at malicious tackles and saying "that's just Ports innit".

He'd be an auto pick for the alky in charge at the national team if he signed for them too which will increase his value and exposure, and also make him further untouchable with referees.

Nail on head.

As much as i can't stomach the thought of us signing him (despite grudgingly admitting that he has some decent potential), I equally can't stomach seeing him at them and watching the Scottish media cream themselves to paint him as a saint.

Best for all concerned if he just fecks off out off down south asap,

he's a liability, fair enough had a decent game for scotland during the week but one swallow doesn't make a honeymoon

The limited game time I have seen of Porteous (including the Scotland game), I saw a player there.

Good tackler (positive and a negative, can be too aggressive at times), decent in the air (not dominant), comfortable on the ball, can bring the ball out of defence, good passer and has good pace for a Centre back.

Negatively he looses concentration to easily and is too aggressive in the tackle (I believe these two go hand in hand with Porteous), where he forgets how important it is to stay on the field.

Having said all that, I would be surprised (and unhappy) if we are not looking at him, he has ability, he's a good age, a position of need, is out of contract and is Scottish (we must keep looking to sign the best Scottish players, where possible.

For me, we need to do our due diligence on and off the pitch before offering him a contract. Do we think he's improving as player, is he taken advice and improving as a person etc.

The limited game time I have seen of Porteous (including the Scotland game), I saw a player there.

Good tackler (positive and a negative, can be too aggressive at times), decent in the air (not dominant), comfortable on the ball, can bring the ball out of defence, good passer and has good pace for a Centre back.

Negatively he looses concentration to easily and is too aggressive in the tackle (I believe these two go hand in hand with Porteous), where he forgets how important it is to stay on the field.

Having said all that, I would be surprised (and unhappy) if we are not looking at him, he has ability, he's a good age, a position of need, is out of contract and is Scottish (we must keep looking to sign the best Scottish players, where possible.

For me, we need to do our due diligence on and off the pitch before offering him a contract. Do we think he's improving as player, is he taken advice and improving as a person etc.
“Do I look happy ?” I disagree with you on this particular player, agree that we should always be looking at all Scottish players , but this lad is a horrid person whom I wouldn’t want near my club.

As for the tumbler it was a plastic tumbler but he hit her that hard on the head, he split her head open. Thats the short of rat that should never play for us. then there's his constant fued with us and Alfie!
If he does sign, maybe just limit him to paper cups.

He's absolutely right we should battle for him............

.........Battle to make sure he never gets the chance to wear our shirt.

“Do I look happy ?” I disagree with you on this particular player, agree that we should always be looking at all Scottish players , but this lad is a horrid person whom I wouldn’t want near my club.
I don't disagree with your post but he is still a young lad and people grow up and change, maybe not him but that's why I stated we have to do our due diligence on him as a player and a person.

Some people never change, and some do. Lee Wallace was no angel as a young lad in Edinburgh.

Or just not sign someone with a criminal conviction and attitude as he has towards women.
Not signing young football players with a criminal conviction, really.
So if someone gets a criminal conviction he cannot ever play for Rangers?
Is that what you are saying?

I don't disagree with your post but he is still a young lad and people grow up and change, maybe not him but that's why I stated we have to do our due diligence on him as a player and a person.

Some people never change, and some do. Lee Wallace was no angel as a young lad in Edinburgh.

Lee Wallace was a model professional.

That ned isn't and never will be.

A scumbag who has tried on several occasions to injure our player and has about as much football ability as me?

No thanks. Kris doing his controversial column today.

I'll be happy if we don't sign him. He's a fraud and a sneaky dirty cnut and not who we'd expect to represent Rangers.

On the park he was a model professional.

Porteous is a classless ned on the park.
Jings you changed the parameters of that stipulation fairly quickly.

The truth is, young footballers are working class lads mostly and move in such circles.
In public, they can quickly become targets and have the same capacity for getting into embarrassing situations that all young people have.
The only difference is that their notoriety will usually be taken further due to the public interest which will bring publicity to such situations that others would see fade into disinterested oblivion.

Further, for some strange reason, many supporters seem to want to hold their clubs up as paragons of public morality and consequently elevate the players to levels of a quasi priesthood.
The truth is football clubs are businesses and the players tend to be very human in their ordinariness and in their public behaviour.
However, I don't simply dismiss the desire amongst supporters for good public standards, but this should really be an aspiration for all of us and not just those associated to football clubs.

Would you stop shopping in Tesco if you found out one of the staff threw a plastic tumbler at a women in a nightclub when he was a young man?
Yes, yes I get it, Rangers mean more to you than your local supermarket, but the point still holds.

There is an act called the rehabilitation of offenders act, which is there to address the fact that people may err, but are capable of reforming themselves.
The word 'reforming' should be particularly pertinent to those of a Protestant-looking disposition.
It is the very essence at the core of Protestantism.
In simple terms, even the filthiest face can be washed.

Many Rangers players have defamed themselves on occasion without becoming outcasts to our support and many will again.
Nearly all of them have went into their maturity as fine human beings.

Not signing young football players with a criminal conviction, really.
So if someone gets a criminal conviction he cannot ever play for Rangers?
Is that what you are saying?
Someone that has deliberately attacked a female, no, we should not be signing him. There's also his baggage with our club! Why on earth would we sign that!

I'd be surprised if Wilson isn't looking at I'm he's young Scottish and is available fir nothing next season. Not saying I'd want him right enough but I wouldn't be shocked if it happens well lose Helander next season and Soutar can't seem to stay fit plus we don't know if we'll keep sands or not yet

Someone that has deliberately attacked a female, no, we should not be signing him. There's also his baggage with our club! Why on earth would we sign that!
What about Gazza?
He had some small baggage with our team before signing and well, possibly was worse in an escapade with a woman?
Is he nonpersona to you now?

I'd be surprised if Wilson isn't looking at I'm he's young Scottish and is available fir nothing next season. Not saying I'd want him right enough but I wouldn't be shocked if it happens well lose Helander next season and Soutar can't seem to stay fit plus we don't know if we'll keep sands or not yet
Porteous at least seems a robust individual.
There is maybe some way to go regarding this young man, but we should always keep an open mind.
Maradona was my favourite footballer ever, he was a complete basket case, but he would have still lit up Ibrox.

Back