VAR Set to be introduced within weeks

Gartcoshloyal

Trying to push this through within weeks and before the World Cup.
Head of referees Crawford Allan revealed back in the summer that they were looking to fast-track the technology and two ex-whistlers say it could be here within weeks.
VAR's introduction into Scottish football is said to be “imminent” with the technology set to be in place before the World Cup. Two former top referees say that it will be brought in within a matter of weeks to the Scottish Premiershipafter weeks of trialling.

There had been some criticism over VAR being introduced during the season as games in the early part of the campaign wouldn’t have benefited from it. SFA chief executive Ian Maxwell said he wanted it introduced as soon the technology was in place.

Head of referees Crawford Allan revealed back in the summer that they were looking to fast-track the technology and two ex-whistlers say it could be here within weeks.
VAR's introduction into Scottish football is said to be “imminent” with the technology set to be in place before the World Cup. Two former top referees say that it will be brought in within a matter of weeks to the Scottish Premiershipafter weeks of trialling.

There had been some criticism over VAR being introduced during the season as games in the early part of the campaign wouldn’t have benefited from it. SFA chief executive Ian Maxwell said he wanted it introduced as soon the technology was in place.
That name always makes me think of Billy Connolly.

What an absolute shambles. I expect Michael Stewart to announce the launch half way through the second half of a scum game to rule out a stonewall opposition penalty awarded by "orange bastard" Andrew Dallas which threatens to cost them points.

It’s an absolute shambles the a decision VAR would have overturned has cost us 2 points and then VAR will be introduced part way through the season.

It should be for the whole season or not at all.
Right that’s sadly in the past

But you’re saying you don’t want it for the rest of the season?

The only over arching criteria is it should be at all venues from the first week of using it

Doesn’t matter how many games are left or whether it’s an equal split of home and away

If this was to work they should look to bring impartial VAR assistants, say lower league English referees. It is clear as day (working both ways I would imagine) that too many of the population has a leaning towards the old firm, they struggle to remain impartial and that with so few points dropped, it can directly cost league titles.

It isn’t rocket science watching replays and working out the decision so it can be someone down the pyramid so to speak.

They have been running this with games on a trial basis - I presume the stats are showing that a number of decisions are being made by VAR every time.

VAR should not be introduced until the same amount of fixtures have been played home and away. By all teams. Funny how they are now coming into their tough run of away fixtures. Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Livi, Us.
All of a sudden VAR needs to be introduced. This whole league setup is an embarrassing shambles.
VAR should not be introduced until the same amount of fixtures have been played home and away.

Spot on.

Right that’s sadly in the past

But you’re saying you don’t want it for the rest of the season?

The only over arching criteria is it should be at all venues from the first week of using it

Doesn’t matter how many games are left or whether it’s an equal split of home and away
It should be from the start of the league or nothing at all.

It’s like changing the rules Half way through a season.

It should be from the start of the league or nothing at all.

It’s like changing the rules Half way through a season.
What like UEFA introducing it for the knock out rounds onwards initially?

It doesn’t matter when it’s introduced as long as it’s introduced at all places at the same time

It should have been in from the start of the season, but frankly, the earlier the better

Equal number of games played against each other before it is introduced.
And if it’s introduced for match day 12 and everyone has played each other once?

Ironically, this won’t happen, as I think it’s likely we’ll now go to Aberdeen with it in place when we wouldn’t have otherwise

What does home or away have to do with anything? It’s irrelevant as long as it’s introduced at all venues

VAR should not be introduced until the same amount of fixtures have been played home and away. By all teams. Funny how they are now coming into their tough run of away fixtures. Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Livi, Us.
All of a sudden VAR needs to be introduced. This whole league setup is an embarrassing shambles.
I thought it was a bit unusual that we had away matches at Livingston, Hibs, Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts and Motherwell in the first round of games - all grounds that we've struggled at in recent months. Then I remembered it's a totally random computer-generated fixture list.

I thought it was a bit unusual that we had away matches at Livingston, Hibs, Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts and Motherwell in the first round of games - all grounds that we've struggled at in recent months. Then I remembered it's a totally random computer-generated fixture list.
To be fair (if that's possible), I'm pretty sure Celtic had those away games first last season.

It’s not, and it never has been

There are certain fixed points, for example Derbies around New Year, but generally the fixtures reverse pre split. So you might play a different order, but you should receive 2 home and 1 away against the opposite 6 teams from the season before

Obviously the team relegated plays into that slightly too

Back