U19s v Liverpool BT Sports 1 at 1pm today.

Will that commentator fud ever get fed up telling us that the Liverpool number seven used to be with celtic youths. Annoying chunt. I suppose it's a lucky escape for him . Too much of the ball for Liverpool and a few good saves by our keeper. This could be a dress rehearsal for tonight.

Pretty grim watching. Kind of glad my lunch break is finished before the 2nd half kicks off. Hopefully tonight’s game is nothing near as one sided as this one.

Players waiting on the ball coming to them rather than going looking for it , trying the hard pass instead of keeping possession, need to be patient on the ball...Robbie ure does not look a good football player...3-2 rangers :)

Reactions: TQ3
Where have I seen that Liverpool no.7 before ?

Ultimately clubs like Liverpool can hoover up any talented youngsters at will. They can hoard them.

It probably shouldn’t be allowed - you shouldn’t be able to sign players under 18 from other clubs.
Happens more and more. Ive heard of liverpool chasing lads up here at under 16 level from fairly minor clubs. What chance you got? A stat i heard is that man city have more players at their LONDON academy that crystal palace have at theirs. The rich clubs wont even allow you to make a decent youth team now.

Commentary is decent. But he has done more research on Liverpool. Like telling us about the 9 being the ballboy that threw the ball to TAA v Barca. 2 teams ffs.

Weve been given a bit of a run around and struggling to pass it to a team mate or retain it up front, but obviously up against a top class side.

Just seen Ure's miss he couldn't even hit the target from 6 yards, just sums up our performance so far, can't see them missing that sort of chance.

Stunned that people are surprised one of the richest clubs in the World, with their pick of any player they want from under 8s up are out performing our boys from a youth system which was barely functioning until about 5 years ago.

Last edited:
I know a lot of people are upset but we are playing one of the best academies in the world, who play exactly like the first team of Liverpool. High press and intensity is very hard to play against, particularly as a young inexperienced player.

The Rangers lads look too tired to put in a challenge at times.

Huge difference in athletic ability evident, as well as the technical side.

He's the oldest 18 yr old I've ever seen and what about their GK with the beard? He looks like he's at least mid 20's.

Him

Looking at the academy staff on there I noticed the name Jay Spearing.

He must have spent the last few years in Chernobyl because I’ve never seen a 33 year-old look like that.

Reality is teams like Liverpool sign the absolute best players at this age group, we have seen the vast majority of the top talent from the Scottish league move to England in recent years.

They are just a different level all over the park

Connor Allen looks like he is developing well after moving to CB a couple of seasons ago.

Only player from us who gets a pass mark tbh.

Right I’m not an expert in how good Liverpool are In relation to our guys but what I see and it’s very obvious they are faster fitter and stronger than our boys now I get that they will have better players but we should be able to match the physical aspect of the game.

Ajax are 2-0 up in the other game after 15 minutes.

Sporting must have a good side because they are 6-0 up in Marseille.

Back