U19s v Liverpool BT Sports 1 at 1pm today.

The Rangers lads look too tired to put in a challenge at times.

Huge difference in athletic ability evident, as well as the technical side.
It's the same at senior level too. Ajax were so much stronger and athletic than us in Amsterdam. Disregarding our shocking display their players are on another level in all respects. Looking at Bassey and Aribo we've lost two strong, athletic and skilful players capable at that level and not replaced them properly.

shouldve done better with that chance. I think the liverpool keeper is going bald, looks mid 20's

No playing them against hammer throwers and shite like Open Goal FC would be a start.

What's our alternative then because there's nothing to fill the gap between our 18s league and first team level? We can't get a B team into the league structure cause the other clubs don't want it and with the SPFL voting structure in place it won't ever happen. Lowland isn't the best level but it gets them playing against men week in week out but it's the only level the B team can play at. Down south they have U18 league, EPL2 for U21s and then a league for U23s we are miles behind in structure.

Of course but its simple passes that we are failing to get right. We are better than this
Need pace in all front 3 attackers which in turn gets the team up the park and frightening opponents defences. I will safely say ure will never make it to a top team in Scotland he’s the perfect fit for div1/2 big man up top with a crap first touch. Are we seriously saying he’s the best we can find at that age?

What's our alternative then because there's nothing to fill the gap between our 18s league and first team level? We can't get a B team into the league structure cause the other clubs don't want it and with the SPFL voting structure in place it won't ever happen. Lowland isn't the best level but it gets them playing against men week in week out but it's the only level the B team can play at. Down south they have U18 league, EPL2 for U21s and then a league for U23s we are miles behind in structure.
Ask to get into they structures then? Playing against Part time teams where guys have been working all week etc isn’t going to do anything for their fitness or ability, just my opinion. They’re already better than 99% of the guys in that league and some of our players are 16/17.

The annoying things is that pass, pass, punt seems to be our pattern of play when we do have the ball. Nobody bar wee McAusland seems naturally comfortable with the hot tottie at their feet.

Why does that have to be when Brighton can go there, score three and draw?
I'd say almost every team in the EPL are bigger, stronger, faster and have better technique than us, and their movements on and off the ball is miles better than ours. in that spurs friendly, they hardly broke a sweat to beat us. and when we beat west ham but I would not put money on us beating them right at this moment

Our best player in Europe is a boy who could not get near their first team and was their youth player, there's an almighty gulf.

Beaten by a better team, the big number 4 for them was outstanding 2 of their goals came from him we just couldn't compete against him
Our youth/b team has came on massively in the last few years but just like the first team can't compete financially against the EPL

It's difficult for us to complete at this level. We lost possibly our best young striker to Aston Villa at the start of the season . We have done ok in the other games. Very unlucky against Ajax

Back