U19s v Liverpool BT Sports 1 at 1pm today.

Ure should have buried that header in the first half at 0-0. Things could have turned out differently. Liverpool looked a strong well coached and organised team to be fair.

Ure should have buried that header in the first half at 0-0. Things could have turned out differently. Liverpool looked a strong well coached and organised team to be fair.
He should have. That said, to my eyes it was offside, but the Linesman didn’t flag. One of a number of offsides/non-offsides they got wrong today. Could have had a penalty at 0-0 as well, for pulling Ure’s shirt. Might have started outside box though.

Last edited:
We need an under 19 rather than under 18 league. At that point there's no benefit to kids playing lowland league. If they have potential then get them playing league one or championship. The difference between lowland and championship football is significant.

We need an under 19 rather than under 18 league. At that point there's no benefit to kids playing lowland league. If they have potential then get them playing league one or championship. The difference between lowland and championship football is significant.

Need something to bridge the gap between 18s and first team football. I know the reserve league has came back but we pulled out that the last time because it wasn't doing anything for us and teams weren't taking it seriously just playing the same kids. Lowland isn't a great level but with the amount of games they play on top of challenge cup/18s and youth league then it kind of prepares them for a schedule the first team have.

B team in the actual league setup would help but whilst the SPFL remains the setup it does its never going to happen.

The lad strachan got pulled at half time. If u watched the last five mins of the first half u will se why. He was running beside the Liverpool lads not even making a challenge

Our team was largely made up of home talent. I include McAusland and Lindsay in that although they are from NI. EPL clubs scour the world for talent and pay them enormous wages. Doak, who Liverpool took from Celtic recently, is being paid at a level far above anyone in Scottish football out with Rangers and Celtic. They paid Fulham millions for Elliott and Carvalho in the last year, a 16 and a 17 year old. Billy Gilmour went to Chelsea in similar circumstances. The key to youth football is how many actually make it to the first team. We have seen Patterson, King, Lowry, Devine come through in the last two years. That is what I am looking for from these current lads.

Yeah I think that pretty much sums up the difference between us and the top 6 in England.
Yes, I think most realise it as well, the only hope we have is if they have an off night and we are bang on form and get a bit of good luck.
I would love to see us beat them but there is now a massive gulf between football in Scotland versus football in England.

Yes, I think most realise it as well, the only hope we have is if they have an off night and we are bang on form and get a bit of good luck.
I would love to see us beat them but there is now a massive gulf between football in Scotland versus football in England.

To be fair there is a massive gulf between football in England and the rest, bar Real Madrid, PSG and Bayern Munich

Back