MOTM Poll Liverpool v Rangers - 20:00 Tuesday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There movement is tremendous and us missing a man in the middle to go 5 at the back is killing us, but honestly wouldn't change it yet. Think we look better pressing high, but obviously run the risk of that ball over the top. Tillman was always the wrong choice tonight. Dont think he has done to much wrong, just wrong player for wrong game in the wrong position. Need pace on that side as well just to give us another out ball option.

King is playing well.

Our inability to do the basics embarrassing. Every time we get the ball we just hand it straight back to them and it's really beginning to piss me off, especially as they're not doing anything particularly exceptional to win the ball.

Davi’s afraid he’s to old and slow for this level take Tillman off put sakala or wright on for an out ball with bit of pace maybe bring colak go longer for colak maybe to get the knock ones for Morelos

The only positive I can find is that Liverpool haven't been anywhere near as clinical up front as Ajax and Napoli. Unfortunately, there's another 45 minutes to go.

It’s just been an onslaught, we have been unable to cope with the intensity of their press and can’t get out.

Davis has really struggled but we have a real lack of options in that position

We should get Matondo on for Tillman so we at least have pace on the break

Lundrstrum treading egg shells after yellow, would take him and Davis off for Kamara and Jack . Sakala for Tillman after 70 mins if we are still in this if not Arfield for damage limitation and experience

For Tillman see Hamed Namouchi :))

If we have banked money to buy him next summer then serious questions need asked

That was a hard watch, really hard. Only 1 goal in it somehow but a draw would be worthless to us even if we did sneak 1.

Big changes needed after the break, we've nothing to lose at this point.

Tillman can GTF.
This passive, tactical approach is pathetic and not what has brought us success in the recent past. Get stuck into these cunts. Pisses me right off.

I think 5 at the back isn’t working, we’re one short in the middle of the park.

Take off Ben Davies and bring on Kamara. Lundstram can make up a back five when needed.

Tillman off Arfield on.

Shape - decent.

Passing - horrendous.

The shape is pish. Their central midfield have about 20 yards of space every time they get the ball.

Playing with wing backs would be fine if we had an attack minded guy on the left. Barisic looks lost out there.

Why does Gio persist with Tillman out right?

Liverpool have been very good IMO. Their forward movement and pressing are superb.

We need to be better on the ball Davis and lundstram in particular

I’m not sure what he was seeing with this role for young Tillman

What are people expecting here? We are up against a fantastic team which cost hundreds of millions to assemble, and we are on a shoestring budget with an injury list that is obviously affecting how we play, and who is picked.
Maybe play a few passes here and there. Maybe make their GK make a save or two?

Take a bow Alan McGregor

I like Davis but not his game tonight need Kamara maybe for a bit of composure

Tillman off for - wait we don’t have a right winger do we. Only how many windows??would get arfield on for a bit more energy

It's funny how Ange is getting touted for epl jobs, and gio is on shoogly peg. But when you see the tactics and team setup, waiting to half time to change something. He's just miles off it. I'm pretty sure the was the Gerard euro vibe that got us to the final last season.

It also shows how bad the spfl is that we are only 2 points behind despite having most of the same team for years

Tillman waste of a jersey tonight.

Shagger doing what he does.

Reality check needed in here though. They've been in something like 3 cl finals in the past 5 years.

Mostly every one of their players cost more than it took to assemble our whole first 11.

Some of the posts make me think folk don’t know the level we are up against here.

Personally, I think we are lucky to be at 1-0 but I accept that they are lightyears ahead of us.

King is doing well as is Goldson. Shagger has been top class.

Worried about Lundstram, he’s miles of it and I can’t see him not getting another booking

Feel sorry for Gio.
Not even given the proper players to have a go in this CL.
After he earned it!

It was in the board's hands to back him, after he brought in millions, with last season's run, and getting them in CL Group Stages.
But the board's priorities are ...elsewhere!

In the meantime on the park.
We just go from embarrassment to embarrassment in Europe.

Get that lazy shit Tillman off at HT.

Tillman is lost in this game. He's out of his depth.

Think back to how Walter would have set up for this. One player up front and swamp the midfield and defence. Walter got criticised for being too defensive but it was effective.

The way we are set up now is 5 in the back but just two in front of them. So we have effectively surrendered midfield which Walter never did. I think we need to take Tillman and maybe even Kent off and bolster the midfield. Then hope that Morelos can make something happen.

too much negativity aye were being over run but theres only a set peice between us so far the positives so far is the defence is now a better shape midfield not quite right Alfie and Kent working hard on scraps theres a chance it could go tits up 2nd half but then again maybe not fingers crossed we get a wee rub here cmon the gers

Getting torn to shreds. Mcgregor brilliant. Lazy Tillman and Kent just jogging back. Lundstram and Davis way off the pace at this level. It's no surprise really but hard to watch.

Noticed they don’t seem to bothered about a big segregation area between the fans,We will have about 10 rows either side of the St Boo fans on Saturday.

I’m pretty sure at one point you could see Gio mouthing to Tillman ‘come on, you need to keep running’ or something similar. Imagine having to ask a footballer in the champions league to do that. I’d have fashion on too. He doesn’t stop and has pace on the counter
Yes he does but he can not then lay off a decent pass!!!

We are struggling without a midfield with no bite. We are getting overwhelmed. How do we fix it, I havn't got a clue, at least remove Tillman and put on someone who is willing to have a go. Thank god shagger is playing a blinder.

Back