MOTM Poll Liverpool v Rangers - 20:00 Tuesday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would only ever play 5 at the back if i had something to protect. He really needs to gamble slightly and stick Tillman in the middle and even stick Matondo on just to run the ball up the park 20-30 yards and maybe a cross.
He has defo went for keeping the score as low as possible and up the road.
If Kent isnt doing that, I don't quite see how Matondo would suddenly get more joy.

Square passing across the back as we invite the press. When it comes, a panicked hoof up the park presenting possession to them. Where is our midfield?

Half the people singing “%^*& the Tories” there probably travelled up from their well to do towns in the Home Counties at 12 this afternoon

Some of the comments on this thread are mental. We're a goal down, away from home against a team which has competed in 3 of the last 5 Champions League finals. A team who have guys valued well into the tens of millions in virtually every position, including on the bench. We also get to hone our skills week in week out against teams like Ross County & Motherwell, while Liverpool play likes of Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal etc. Anyone who thinks we should be competing on an equal footing tonight needs sectioned. I'd love to see us get at them a bit more, but they're on a completely different level to what we're used to playing against. The step up in quality is just too much for most of our players and that's just a fact, not a criticism.
Do you just assume everyone is stupid and only you can see the real truth?

We know Liverpool are a vastly superior team overall to Rangers at the moment. However, we can also tell when players are playing poorly. We can tell when players are easily out of position and struggling and we can tell when a manager isn't managing.

If we could see the effort was being made to do something then perhaps people wouldn't be so unhappy.

Gio got his team selection wrong, mainly in midfield. He is then hanging a young player out to dry in a massive game. That is just exceptionally poor management. After watching that first half he still can't spot that - it's pretty sad.

What difference would Colak have made? He is no use unless he is in the box taking chances. We haven’t been anywhere near their box.

Morelos isn’t the problem. The non existent midfield and playing a number 10 at right mid is the problem.agrwwd bit why has Morelos started?

What difference would Colak have made? He is no use unless he is in the box taking chances. We haven’t been anywhere near their box.

Morelos isn’t the problem. The non existent midfield and playing a number 10 at right mid is the problem.

Morelos isn’t the problem. The non existent midfield and playing a number 10 at right mid is the problem.

Why has Morelos earned a start is all am saying.

I love when we play teams that are good with the ball and we sit back and let them keep the ball under no pressure. Such a great tactic.

This is their 6th Group stage campaign in 7 years. It's not a fair comparison
They also paid the £6m we couldn’t for someone like Skov Olsen.

these clubs are in the CL most years because they can pay big wages and fees we would never spend.

You would think we were playing St Mirren with some of the posts in here.
You'd think Liverpool were playing St Mirren given our performance so far.
There was a gulf in quality against Dortmund, Leipzig, etc but we still won. What’s changed?

Our luck maybe?

And before you get all hissy and fity I mean perhaps some things went our way last season. Haaland being out injured for our ties against Dortmund for instance? I mean that machine against Goldson doesn't bear thinking about.

You don't fluke your way, all the way to a European final but possibly it was a season when for a change we did get the rub of the green at times.

FWIW, I don't think there would be much change if we'd be playing in the EL at this point. This season for me, is a season too far for too many.

Has a team ever finished a champions league group campaign without a goal?

What is the fewest goals a club have scored in a single Champions League group stage?
Zero - Deportivo (2004/05), Maccabi Haifa (2009/10), Dinamo Zagreb (2016/17)

Not bad company really....

Some of the comments on this thread are mental. We're a goal down, away from home against a team which has competed in 3 of the last 5 Champions League finals. A team who have guys valued well into the tens of millions in virtually every position, including on the bench. We also get to hone our skills week in week out against teams like Ross County & Motherwell, while Liverpool play likes of Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal etc. Anyone who thinks we should be competing on an equal footing tonight needs sectioned. I'd love to see us get at them a bit more, but they're on a completely different level to what we're used to playing against. The step up in quality is just too much for most of our players and that's just a fact, not a criticism.
I see what you're saying but this one way traffic, hanging on for dear lives performance isn't the only one. If taken alone, yes. The tims did this to us and looked every bit as comfortable as Liverpool and they're streets behind them. It's OUR style that's the problem

Back