MOTM Poll Liverpool v Rangers - 20:00 Tuesday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Borna Is a shadow of the player he has been now and then over the last few years.

Yilmaz must be a signing of Prodan or Guivarche levels to not displace him.

Tonight was not Borna’s fault but when your whole game plan is based on wing backs getting forward, not having a meaningful touch ti the 67th minute is a disgrace

Gio should look at the last 15mins and drop Kent to the bench. Start Matondo on the left, Sakala on the right.
Defence needs to keep Davies and maybe drop Goldson for King.
Midfield move Tilman into centre, with Lundstrum and Jack, or kamara.
Goldson is never being dropped mate.

Waved a fucking white flag. I'm sickened by that. Super pissed off with Gio.
Fucking Liverpool are in the middle of a crisis of confidence and we turn up with those tactics. I'm furious.

That 2nd half was much better, thought the subs did really well when they cane on imo. Matondo chance and Colak 2 chances. Thought Sakala lifted the team when he came and was far more positive, Jack, Kamara and Matondo did well too. Matondo was a very good outfall.

Need to take the chances when we get them, that is the difference.

It won’t be a popular opinion but we are out our depth at this level. Ajax beaten 6-1 at home, Sporting beat 4-1. Plzen beaten 5-0

It could’ve been worse

Gio is a coward of a a manager, away from home tonight the team that ended the game should have started, we needed blistering pace to trouble them, and I've said it before we are a different team when Jack plays.

Play the team that finished the game minus barisic for Yilmaz and on tonight if could replace tav next week I would matondo colak sakala did more in that last 15 than the rest did whole game

Showed too much respect with the starting selection, left us unable to move the ball forward and the personnel were too slow. Team finishing the game showed we cbs cause problems with pace and getting forward quicker.

Big gulf in quality tonight, but it took a brilliant free kick and a penalty to beat us.

McGregor was outstanding, but I thought all 3 centre-halves played well - especially King - despite their team mates not being able to keep the ball away from our box for very long. Another disappointing performance from Tav on a big European night.

Least it was only 2-0 I suppose. Free kick and a penalty too.

Another big game though where we've just looked absolutely uninspired and offered very very little.

What a shite atmosphere for a "Battle of Britain" as well. Pish home support.

I thought he was on the left!
Either way he looked decent in the short space he was on.
Hopefully Gio gets the message that Uber defence doesn’t work as we looked better with pace on both wings
Got it back to front!

Only players with pass marks was McGregor, Goldson, Jack, Sakala and Matondo.

Time is up for Tillman he is rotten!
Agree with first paragraph but Tillman is rotten on the right side as like Hagi he’s more of a no. 10 playing close to the ST but unfortunately that position didn’t exist tonight and he was the wrong player to shoehorn into the team to play on the right side.

I can accept Liverpool are a better team than us, but we showed them far too much respect for 70+ minutes of the match. No belief, "when in doubt, play it back" - there's no excuse for that!

At least I hope Gio and the players learnt something from the last quarter versus the first three, when we actually could have got a goal or two just by having a go!

Back