MOTM Poll Liverpool v Rangers - 20:00 Tuesday - BT Sport

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rotten performance but a decent scoreline. Playing Tillman on the right was ridiculous, he hasn't started the boy the last few games and then decides to play him on the right. We made that so easy for them. Battle of Britain and not one of our players got stuck right in.

Wouldn’t bother signing Tillman - jogging about and offered nothing. The handful of touches he had he wasted.
Kent did heehaw & Matondo done more in the short time he was on.
Goldson & Davies at the back were solid. King was decent too and at this level did all you can ask of an 18 year old with next to no first team football (penalty aside)
Shagger outstanding again.

McGregor saved our blushes
Lundstram was a bombscare don’t know how he lasted , king done well others and gio need to up their game

Gio is a coward of a a manager, away from home tonight the team that ended the game should have started, we needed blistering pace to trouble them, and I've said it before we are a different team when Jack plays.
Jack was rotten when he came on, such a negative footballer. We need more in midfield, new signings required.

Why did it take Gio until the 80th minute to change the system. Looked much more dangerous in the last ten minutes. Their forward line is good but firing blanks. That finishing eleven should start next week and get right into them. Some optimism for next week but don’t play a back five. I would play Lundstram, Jack and Arfield as our midfield next week and play a higher line. MOM display by McGregor.

Again, the level of nonsense on this thread is off the chart. We are away against a team who are a million miles above us in every regard and who will be around at the end of this tournament, as they very often are.
We got outplayed because they are so much better than us it isn’t even funny.
We may have a chance or something at Ibrox, and let’s see if we can give it a go, but wtaf do you expect us to do? This is almost exactly what we knew would happen in terms of gameplay, if we get lucky they don’t score, if we don’t we lose by 6, end up was an average 2-0. Let’s move on.

dont think anything has to be said here, a million miles away from competing with the top teams, for us as a club Champions league will always be about pound notes, tonight proved to me that we lack confidence, we lack commitment and at this level tactically we are nowhere near where we need to be.

Big gulf in quality tonight, but it took a brilliant free kick and a penalty to beat us.

McGregor was outstanding, but I thought all 3 centre-halves played well - especially King - despite their team mates not being able to keep the ball away from our box for very long. Another disappointing performance from Tav on a big European night.
Agreed, Tav and Borna were poor.

It is a positive.

Obviously it doesn’t negate losing but a bit of perspective, this is one of the hardest games in world football, against one of the best teams in the world.

People going on like it was a disgraceful result, it wasn’t.

Would have liked a better result obviously, would have liked to see us keep the ball better but if we weren’t tight at the back that’s 4 or 5 tonight easily.
Have to disagree here. McGregor pulled of 2 or 3 top drawer saves tonight to stop it being worse. Positives from tonight for me are that Matondo looks more suited to the left and it's time we play him there. Davies looks a good signing and helps Goldson out a lot. Finally king is now a head of Sands at the back for me

It won’t be a popular opinion but we are out our depth at this level. Ajax beaten 6-1 at home, Sporting beat 4-1. Plzen beaten 5-0

It could’ve been worse
Agreed, was 2 goals less than I expected. Just a worry what direction we are heading with Gio and the form of some / most of our senior players. Not sure of tactics or what the game plan is or if we even have one.

Shagger, Goldson were exceptional- and both King and Borna for the most part did well.

Other than that the rest that started the game were very poor indeed.

Nice to see the subs having such a positive impact though.

Performance sums GVB. Team set up to keep the score down. Matondo and Sakala should play on either flank from now on but we all know that Kent will be back at the weekend and next week versus Liverpool.

Back