We have no belief in ourselves any more

Liverpool have in Mo Salah one of the maybe top 10 players in the world? One of the best right backs in the world. One of the best centre backs in the world. Spent 80 mil on a striker this summer.

We lost. Of course we lost.

I'm not Gio's biggest fan but there's nothing to read into tonight.

I think it's obvious it's down to the tactics and the manager , really is that simple

There is an argument that he made us money improving Bassey but there's also the argument he has cost us just as much with the regression of key assets such as kent , kamara & tav.

We had no intention of trying to win tonight. Exactly the same as Ajax where the same manager came out and said we can't compete

We'll be lucky to score a goal at this rate.

6 shots on target across the 3 games. Most of them when the games have been done.

No it doesn’t, it stems purely from tactics and set up. That’s it. %^*& all to do with belief. It’s utter confusion on what to do if not backwards.

First half we had chances to press off the ball and turn with the ball to play forward and we either gave it away needless, played it back and stood off them.

2nd half we were better. Subs were good, looked better on the ball and created a few chances.

Have to just go for it next week.

These toothless displays stem from belief.

When we had it, went toe to toe with some very good European teams.
Now we don't have it, and even better teams are swatting us aside.

How do we get it back?
It's the manager mate , it's very simple, these players are far better than these 3 games we've played so far, gio is very lucky mcgregor was brilliant today that could have been 6 easy , seems the board are happy though. I'd have had dyche in after the game at parkhead.

Gerrard 2018-2022 - never lost by more than 2 goals.

GVB - lost by 4 goals twice, 3 goals twice.

Last season’s EL run was amazing but we’re clearly not as difficult to beat as we were under Gerrard.

Did we ever play in Europe and not “have a go” under Gerrard?
I bet he was sat there watching us tonight like Don Revie watching Clough’s Leeds

Liverpool have in Mo Salah one of the maybe top 10 players in the world? One of the best right backs in the world. One of the best centre backs in the world. Spent 80 mil on a striker this summer.

With that attitude there would be no ( I was born in the late 80s) parma , psv , villareal , Lyon Dortmund etc so I'm not buying that

I 100% didn't expect to win tonight but what I did expect was after deploying the same tactics and getting rattled 4-0 at porkhead and Ajax that our manager changed his approach , increased our intensity and gave his players belief - 0 of that was on show tonight

Instead we had exactly as you said , we turned up and got beat

How do we get it back?

Yes, some very good teams.

This Liverpool team are a couple of levels above that.

The expectations of some on here is incredible

You are right mate but some of the clowns on here just can’t see the quality of opposition we are up against. One of their players alone cost £80 million about four times what we paid for our whole squad

How do we get it back?
This is the most depressing thing about these displays.

The manager has sucked the belief out of the players and the support.

We get it back when he goes.
I totally agree with this and that set up from Gio tonight didnt surprise me. He is a coward. Sooner he goes the better for me. He has sucked the life out of these players with his idiotic rules and set ups.
Our players know what they are capable of and he is holding them back.

I think we gave it away far too quickly once we had it,maybe due to the urgency of their press,but the amount of times we lost it under no pressure was disappointing. We looked a lot more lively when the subs came on and maybe could've been sooner.

First half we had chances to press off the ball and turn with the ball to play forward and we either gave it away needless, played it back and stood off them.

2nd half we were better. Subs were good, looked better on the ball and created a few chances.

Have to just go for it next week.

I’d rather us go for it and get beat 5 than play like that

How do we get it back?
How did we get it back when SG was in charge and 2 seasons in a row we were done by February to then have an undefeated league winning season, then the following season be down and out by October only to get to a EL final?

You're right, I'm a Tim in disguise FFS.

There's ways to lose against better teams. Being terrified, negative and only getting forward at the end when it's too late isn't one of them.

And it's not just tonight, if it was only Anfield then there would be far less to criticise.
Have a word with yourself. You'd think we were ten points behind. in the league. Unknot yer panties.

Back