Spurs looking at a stadium naming rights deal with Google

ssblue

The Google Stadium?

The Chrome Dome?

Amazon also interested.

Whatever it is it will be ridiculous money.

The Google Stadium?

The Chrome Dome?

Amazon also interested.

Spurs tried to get Amazon on board whilst it was being built. Spurs wanted 1 BILLION for the naming rights.

Amazon bought the naming rights for the new arena in Seattle. They decided to call it 'The Climate Pledge Arena'. For their sakes lets hope Google don't go down that hypocritical route.

If it helped us move forward with some real on the field investment, then I’d be happy to sell the naming rights to Ibrox, tbh.
I think if there was worthwhile money on the table from anyone, it’d have been changed by now.

You can tell by the calibre of our (and Celtic for that matter) commercial deals, that we are at the low end of the market. Betting firms and companies nobodies heard of see us as a way to get their brand out there. We even have a start up as a kit manufacturer.

Blue chip/worldwide brands don’t have any interest in Scottish football, no matter how big we are. That’s because we have a finite audience.

Clubs all over the world have sold their stadium naming rights. It’s not exclusive to there EPL.

Mega corporations certainly aren't lining up to take over the naming rights of the Tony Macaroni arena.

Further evidence of how much this backwater shithole restrains the clubs.

Just shows clubs down there don’t even need to be successful on the pitch for the millions to pour in.

The Google Stadium?

The Chrome Dome?

Amazon also interested.

Folk are laughing at them looking for £1 billion but what they are seeking is £25m per season for 40 years.

Its why the talk of us not being able to afford to renovate Ibrox is a nonsense.

If we can get £4m a year from Castor we could at least double that for a naming right.

Speaking of stadiums, why was the Biowave logo's covered by blue tarp during the Liverpool game?

And we could seriously be doing with a stadium naming sponsor.

Parkhead has been not-so-affectionately known as The Bing for decades.

Would folks be happy if Ibrox is called something else, if we were offered the money?
If it were something like The Mercedes Ibrox Stadium I would have an issue.
Infact could call it The Mercedes Stadium or anything really but it'll always be Ibrox to me and all Rangers fans.

Would folks be happy if Ibrox is called something else, if we were offered the money?
Depends on the name, knowing how our advertisement has turned out lately we'd end up with "The boxt sportmongo Ibrox stadium of Milka chocolate"

Just get onto Apple. and see how much they're offering for Ibrox stadium. throw in a wee apple at the side to sweeten the deal

If it were something like The Mercedes Ibrox Stadium I would have an issue.
Infact could call it The Mercedes Stadium or anything really but it'll always be Ibrox to me and all Rangers fans.
Why on earth would Mercedes want to be associated with Scottish football - look down our list of partners/sponsors now. There are no major brands there for a reason.

Rangers aren’t a big commercial draw for anyone, we couldn’t even get worthwhile deal with a kit manufacturer anyone had heard of.

Back