Spurs looking at a stadium naming rights deal with Google

I guess the draw of having you name as part of the EPL is bigger than having your name associated with the mediocrity of Spurs.
If you go to London and see their stadium, the local area and go to a game then you’ll see how huge they are.

They’ve not had the success in terms of trophies but they’ve got the best stadium in one of the biggest cities in the world, have a world class manager, some massive names playing for them and are seen as a progressive, innovative club.

Everything about them branding wise is sharp and clean, that’s why Google will want involved.

If I were a company, I’d take one look at the exterior of Ibrox and wonder what I’d be getting for my money.

You’d want your company to be sponsoring something modern and clean, not a 1970s style office block with ripped tarpaulin banners, dodgy tarmac and boxes filled with crap piled up against the windows.

We really don’t help ourselves with the basic aesthetics. I went to the club shop the other day and behind the gates there was so much rubbish from the tifo, the tunnel entry arch from the old firm game in April and there’s just random skips and piles of rubbish strewn all over the footprint of the stadium.

Why on earth would Mercedes want to be associated with Scottish football - look down our list of partners/sponsors now. There are no major brands there for a reason.

Rangers aren’t a big commercial draw for anyone, we couldn’t even get worthwhile deal with a kit manufacturer anyone had heard of.
Yeah no one has castore gear now at all. We were starting from scratch tbf. AND playing in one of the worst leagues in Europe. What you expect?

Yeah no one has castore gear now at all. We were starting from scratch tbf. AND playing in one of the worst leagues in Europe. What you expect?
What’s your point here mate?

I said we’d struggle to get a blue chip stadium sponsor and used the castore deal as an example of the level of partner we can attract.

Newcastle will bin off castore at the first opportunity - they’re going to be a major player in world football soon. We’ll probably sign a new deal with them.

Fair play to them,the rich are just gonna get richer wish they would just go to their super league and let the rest of us get on with it.

t.png

The Google Stadium?

The Chrome Dome?

Amazon also interested.

Whatever it is it will be ridiculous money.

The chrome dome, I like it! Lol

Would folks be happy if Ibrox is called something else, if we were offered the money?
Not under this board no, as it wouldn't be reinvested in the team anyway. I was happy to sell Aribo and Bassey, thinking it would freshen up our entire team but we still start with Arfield, Davis etc :D

Naming rights of a stadium is a big thing nowadays for properly run clubs tbf. Spurs' stadium is incredible.

Why on earth would Mercedes want to be associated with Scottish football - look down our list of partners/sponsors now. There are no major brands there for a reason.

Rangers aren’t a big commercial draw for anyone, we couldn’t even get worthwhile deal with a kit manufacturer anyone had heard of.
It was an example buddy. Chill

The Google Stadium?

The Chrome Dome?

Amazon also interested.

Whatever it is it will be ridiculous money.

Better with the cricket.

The ‘ googly’ Oval?

To be fair, the way I see it. We had zero commercial partners before Bisgrove came in. We can't expect them to go from zero to blue chip straight away. It takes time and strategic planning.

He has built up a solid base and figures to move forward, we do have the likes of molton brown, Lucozade, Nord vpn, EA Sports, Cadbury, TGI Fridays. These aren't diddy partners. Its a solid base to move forward into next stage of commercial development.

I'm not saying Bisgrove should or shouldn't be that man to do so but we are far better position that when he took over.

As for Castore when the deal goes out to tender we have the sales figures to show that we are now a good partner to work with.

I’m chilled mate.

If you’re going to quote elite brands then don’t be surprised when someone is surprised.
As it seems to be too difficult for you to comprehend let's call it the Farmfoods Ibrox Stadium.
It will still be Ibrox to the fans. Hopefully you are able to understand the point

To be fair, the way I see it. We had zero commercial partners before Bisgrove came in. We can't expect them to go from zero to blue chip straight away. It takes time and strategic planning.

He has built up a solid base and figures to move forward, we do have the likes of molton brown, Lucozade, Nord vpn, EA Sports, Cadbury, TGI Fridays. These aren't diddy partners. Its a solid base to move forward into next stage of commercial development.

I'm not saying Bisgrove should or shouldn't be that man to do so but we are far better position that when he took over.

As for Castore when the deal goes out to tender we have the sales figures to show that we are now a good partner to work with.
Hi Mr Bisgrove

Surprised it’s took them so long to get a deal with the coverage the stadium gets with hosting the nfl every year as well as the football.

Just another example of the chasm between the EPL and the rest of football.

I call the new stadium White Hart Lane, I always will.
It’s not what it’s called by fans that’s important to these companies.
Every time in print, or viewed on camera that the stadium is mentioned, it’ll be the called the sponsors stadium.

We wouldn't have a hope in hell of attracting anyone the size of Google for as long as we are in Scottish football.

Fair play to Spurs though they have created a brand that is at the elite level of sport.

We really need to start conducting ourselves in that manner.

Back