The Steven Gerrard #55 Express Train

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went from an under 20's coach to an under 18's coach.

We should get someone with more experience.
Tbf there is a massive difference between Murty and Steven Gerrard. One of them looks on the verge of a mental breakdown after a defeat, the other is a proven winner and leader at the highest level.

GVB, Gattuso and Zidane are in their first jobs at the moment and are doing pretty well right now.

Someone please post the Daffy Duck gif and the wee jizz guy at the computer as I don’t know how to post pics on here from an iPhone :D

Why would an under 18s coach be better than our under 20s coach?
I just can't understand this.
We need a fckn manager. Not an experiment.
Good players don’t always make good Managers and I have regularly said we need an experienced Manager.

I think it is too much of a risk at this stage and would prefer an experienced Manager.

I don’t think it will happen. The only positives are the effect it would have on our global profile and our ability to attract players.

Either way, it’s not happening.

He is either the man who wins us #55 or is the biggest failure in our history and ends the current board’s regime.
As has been said about our last 3 managers. They’ve all went the same way. This regime cannot make a good footballing decision for the fucking life of them.

Tbf there is a massive difference between Murty and Steven Gerrard. One of them looks on the verge of a mental breakdown after a defeat, the other is a proven winner and leader at the highest level.

GVB, Gattuso and Zidane are in their first jobs at the moment and are doing pretty well right now.

Gatusso isn’t in his first job. And plenty of cracking players have been failed managers.

He is either the man who wins us #55 or is the biggest failure in our history and ends the current board’s regime.
Either he will be a Zidane/Pep where they landed a huge job in their first post and succeeded or like you say he will be a big name who can’t hack it like Barnes at the Piggery.

Scoulding our scout has a link to Gerrard so it’s not totally out of the blue.

So we're replacing our beleaguered youth coach with...another youth coach, albeit one with a higher profile.

Would be a baffling appointment considering all of the criticisms levelled at Murty over the past season.

I’d rather Gerrard over any of the other people mentioned. Gamble or not.

He’s completely different to Murty in that he’s a born winner. Will be no shrinking violet in letting people know what is expected and will get the club massive exposure.
Agreed mate.

I'd love it but trying not to get too carried away because i'm used to disappointments over recent years.

Either he will be a Zidane/Pep where they landed a huge job in their first post and succeeded or like you say he will be a big name who can’t hack it like Barnes at the Piggery.

Scoulding our scout has a link to Gerrard so it’s not totally out of the blue.
The difference is Zidane and Guardiola inherited great squads.

From one manager with no experience to another.

I understand why people are excited because of who he is but the chances of this turning in to a Souness type of appointment are slim to say the least.

No idea what to make of this but it’s not something that fills me with confidence.

Totally bamboozled by this. A massive gamble. I’m assuming Gerrard would demand a certain amount of cash for transfers if he were to take the job. Maybe King has found investment, who knows.:confused:

A guy with no track record to speak of is in no position to demand anything.

Might be why the board fancy it.

Here we go again. At a time when we can't gamble, we need to employ a tried and tested manager and really need to get our next managerial appointment spot on, we go and take a massive punt on an u18s coach.

This has got disaster written all over it. If he signs, he'll get my full backing and I really hope I end up eating my words. Doubt it!

Last edited:

Just to be really pedantic here but Rino has managed a few clubs :p

So the board have been responsible for Warburton, Caixinha, Murty and now Gerrard, when are people gong to open their eyes? They don’t have a fucking clue.

He's worked very closely with Rodgers, maybe he knows how to best him?

A wee bit sceptical of his knowledge of everyone else though...

Bold move.

People barking on about increasing the profile of the club, are you actually being serious?

You better fúcking bring us this Stevie:

1200px-SilniceI55.svg.png

And soon.

We need someone the players would respect.

We need someone to inspire the players.

We need someone to inspire the fans.

We need a serious "wow" moment.

We need the profile of the club raised big time.

Gerrard gives us all of that IMO.

Someone like Alex Neil gives us f.uck all of that. That's the difference.

Here we go again. At a time when we can't gamble, we need to employ a tried and tested manager and really need to get out next managerial appointment spot on, we go and take a massive punt on an u18s coach.

This has got disaster written all over it. If he signs, he'll get my full backing and I really hope I end up eating my words. Doubt it!
I really doubt Gerrard would quit a cushy number of Liverpool youth coach and BT pundit to become our Manager. Be calm.

So the board have been responsible for Warburton, Caixinha, Murty and now Gerrard, when are people gong to open their eyes? They don’t have a fucking clue.

We are going after one of the most highly thought of Young coaches and it will bring a certain exposure to the club that we haven’t had in years.

Also he will have a real presence and the players will instantly respect him.

Or it could bomb but that can be said for any manager.

Agreed mate.

I'd love it but trying not to get too carried away because i'm used to disappointments over recent years.
I'm exactly the same mate. Two years ago it was coming back up and Barton coming in. Last season all Pedro's signings got us excited and look how that turned out.
I want to get excited but holding back for now.

People barking on about increasing the profile of the club, are you actually being serious?
You want the truth?

People in England and across Europe now see Scotland as a one team league.

We rank alongside your Aberdeen and Hibs sadly in the eyes of your casual young supporter.

Try attracting investment and all that comes with it when your profile is as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back