The Steven Gerrard #55 Express Train

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need someone the players would respect.

We need someone to inspire the players.

We need someone to inspire the fans.

We need a serious "wow" moment.

We need the profile of the club raised big time.

Gerrard gives us all of that IMO.
Whilst I know where you are coming from, we also need serious cash, otherwise the task is very difficult for an experienced Manager, let alone an inexperienced one.

Someone like Alex Neil gives us f.uck all of that. That's the difference.

What makes you think he’ll inspire the players? What about the fans? I’m a fan and I think it’s a ridiculous move that could easily spell the end of the road for the current board.

You want the truth?

People in England and across Europe now see Scotland as a one team league.

We rank alongside your Aberdeen and Hibs sadly in the eyes of your casual young supporter.

Try attracting investment and all that comes with it when your profile is as such.
Yeah the way they don’t see it as a one team is if we win and we’re not going to do that with Gerrard ffs.

The biggest bit of exposure we’ll get from this is in February people will be saying “oh look Steven Gerrard got sacked after having his club in 4th”.

As an aside, it's very amusing that Jackson is so far out of the loop.
His shocking revelation won't even cause a ripple tomorrow.

The most tragic part of klaxon is how seriously he takes himself hahaha.

keep rimming Kenny miller for info keef whilst your rags circulation drops to amongst the lowest in the country you fat mong

We are going after one of the most highly thought of Young coaches and it will bring a certain exposure to the club that we haven’t had in years.

Also he will have a real presence and the players will instantly respect him.

Or it could bomb but that can be said for any manager.
Jesus Christ.

I’d love to see the world through your eyes for even just a day.

Saltcoats in July ?
article-0-1F5CE10700000578-531_634x637.jpg

Someone like Alex Neil gives us f.uck all of that. That's the difference.

Agree mate.

But I would have loved to have seen... Experienced Manager.... added to your list. :(

I'm far too dazed to think this is good.

Still can’t see it happening. If it does it is a gamble. I can’t see huge funds do i would have thought an experienced manager to get the best out of the squad. This has the potential to go badly wrong , quickly. Still who knows. The crazy days keep coming.

Everyone starts somewhere. In the last decade, Lennon started at Celtic and went on to push Walter close before winning titles.

It is Scotland we play in. Havin a winmin mentality and grit is about 90% of the battle. And Gerrard has that.

It's not as if he is a postman who has just been handed the job. Football is his life and he has served an apprenticeship under some of the very best.

It is a gamble but then isnt everything? Law of averages, one is gonna pay off.

As mentioned already , i'd love this to happen.

But - could this just be propaganda from our board around ST renewal time to pretend that they are looking at a big name ??

I don't see how appointing another novice is going to lead to floods of renewals. If they were going to leak a name with no intention of appointing them it would have been the name of an actual manager with some profile.

I’d rather Gerrard over any of the other people mentioned. Gamble or not.

He’s completely different to Murty in that he’s a born winner. Will be no shrinking violet in letting people know what is expected and will get the club massive exposure.
He has a winners mentality and would command instant respect in our dressing room.as a player he would pull Liverpool through big games where they looked like losing and score with wonder strikes to win cup finals etc.

Mark Allen is in charge of recruitment, of that there can be no doubt now.

Stevie Gerrard coming in would be as head coach and I’ll be honest it’s an out of the box exiting option.

Is it what we need or what we might want at this time? Probably not.

But, and it’s a big but, I have yet to see a candidate that is as exciting a prospect. We need success but no managerial appointment guarantees that.

If it happens, I’m in.

We are going after one of the most highly thought of Young coaches and it will bring a certain exposure to the club that we haven’t had in years.

Also he will have a real presence and the players will instantly respect him.

Or it could bomb but that can be said for any manager.
Like Barnes?

Pros: big name, would raise the club's profile.
Players would respect him (at least initially).
Is probably open to working with Allan.

Cons: Youth coach, no managerial experience. Nothing to suggest he can set a team up, change a game or control a dressing room.

It's a no from me.

It was a “gamble” with Warburton and a “gamble” with Caixinha so it’s a “no” from me.

Yes. I am down with Stevie G's appointment!
He may be inexperienced as a manager, but he's experienced everything as a player. He can make the transition to managerial greatness.
I don't want to get too wired for sound yet ... but if the deal is closed woot-woot:D

If true, he needs to get the right #2 beside him, someone with plenty of experience.

I’m intrigued but shitting myself at the same time. This is an acid trip

I would love this !!

But knowing our luck it won't happen and we'll end up with some c.unt like Alex Neil !!

But we desparately need a "wow" moment.

Deliver Gerrard Rangers !!!
Really?

After all that’s happened you’re happy with a completely unproven manager to piss away a transfer budget again?

This isn’t a “wow” moment, this is a “wow, we’re totally f*cking clueless” moment.

I'm ever the optimist so I see it as bold and exciting move that will energise the Club.

A FdB or Martinez is not realistically going to come to Ibrox. That leaves us with a rather uninspiring list of the likes of Clarke, Neil, Warnock and company.

I'm up for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back