Unions bears at the end of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen one of the twitter famous podcasters laughing about the result outside the main stand after the game. Orange and blue scarf on.

Years ago you used to leave away ends after we’d got beat and people were arguing amongst ourselves because we were all angry and had higher standards

A sign of how far fans are down the road of realising Gio needs to go.

The anger turns to laughter and then to general ambivalence. I couldn't even get angry after that today - I've been resigned to us falling behind in the league for weeks now. This is simply the house of cards starting to crumble.

There was a weird sense of relief in me today, as I've assumed today's result will be the breaking point and we'll all be put out of our misery.

The anger turns to laughter and then to general ambivalence. I couldn't even get angry after that today - I've been resigned to us falling behind in the league for weeks now. This is simply the house of cards starting to crumble.

There was a weird sense of relief in me today, as I've assumed today's result will be the breaking point and we'll all be put out of our misery.
Even though I’ve known this was inevitable for weeks/months, I was still absolutely raging. Usually manage to control my anger but completely lost it and then you see a podcaster who likes to pontify their view laughing about it

People are different but I just thought it summed up where we are just now as a fan base

If you were in the main stand you’ll have seen how few fans bothered singing at all. They sang rangers rangers songs and no one bothered their arse

As I said rangers fans have always been reactionary just like every other support. When we aren’t winning our support don’t sing and never have done in the 30 years I’ve been going to game. What the UB are doing is the European monotone atmosphere where they are barely watching the game itself and the atmosphere is constant regardless of what is being served up

Again, how do you deduce that from a snippet of a video of a conversation? You are aware of absolutely no context.
The kids in balaclavas need reined in, behaving like attention seeking brats. Everything from demanding folk move seats so they can sit in their wee yoof gang together, banging their f@ckin drum, droning out those daft “ultras songs” and greeting about not getting a standing ovation from the players after an embarrassment of a defeat

Seen one of the twitter famous podcasters laughing about the result outside the main stand after the game. Orange and blue scarf on.

Years ago you used to leave away ends after we’d got beat and people were arguing amongst ourselves because we were all angry and had higher standards
People have different ways of reacting to things mate.
I for one refuse to let that shower of shite ruin my day anymore, life's too short.
There's no point fighting amongst our own.
Players, employees, those in charge, need higher standards - not fans.

The kids in balaclavas need reined in, behaving like attention seeking brats. Everything from demanding folk move seats so they can sit in their wee yoof gang together, banging their f@ckin drum, droning out those daft “ultras songs” and greeting about not getting a standing ovation from the players after an embarrassment of a defeat
You don’t have a clue what you are talking about.

That’s it but mate. Today was the breaking point for the fans. We all know deep down the board are nowhere near that yet . They will give him till the Celtic game at least bar a complete collapse in the 5/6 games before that. It’s stupid but it would be so typical us to sack him in January rather than now when a new manager would have 5 weeks with the squad since max 2/3 will be at the World Cup

Good that the UBs done this and even better that Tav is paying attention to them. Maybe now they’ll realise they’re not the superstars they think they are and that they need to earn their stripes.

Can’t believe some of the drivel other “Rangers fans” say on this

Some fans will take a little longer than others to realise where we are right now.

Some fans have been backing him for weeks now. Others (me) have been calling for him to go since Ajax away. 8 weeks wasted if you ask me.
He should have went weeks ago it was clear we were going nowhere and weren't going to win the league under him but you have to laugh when I first saw the clip I thought fair play they are calling the board,manager and players out on their collective failures then you find out it's because their feelings are hurt because they never got a little clap after the game :))

Even though I’ve known this was inevitable for weeks/months, I was still absolutely raging. Usually manage to control my anger but completely lost it and then you see a podcaster who likes to pontify their view laughing about it

People are different but I just thought it summed up where we are just now as a fan base

We're absolutely in the last throes of the Gio tenure, it's a matter of when now, not if. That's what is preventing me from being overly angry tonight.

I've already turned my attentions to who comes in next and how we get back on track.

The flags need binned for sure. Took my 12 year old step daughter to her first game a few weeks back and couldn't see the goalmouth for it. Plenty going tonto about it behind me too.
Yeah my boy is 7. Had prepared him that he’ll be standing the whole game and that we wouldn’t be in seats behind the goal.
I kinda even knew that the smoke would be there..
But that bloody flag

The only one attention seeking here, is you.

Good that the UBs done this and even better that Tav is paying attention to them. Maybe now they’ll realise they’re not the superstars they think they are and that they need to earn their stripes.

Can’t believe some of the drivel other “Rangers fans” say on this

While he's not the main culprit in all of this, far from it, I fail to see any positive in Tav standing there and 'listening'.

He trots out platitudes almost every season after the inevitable collapse in the league. He's done it since 2016, yet other than one seemingly anomaly season in 2021, has presided over collapse after collapse of the Rangers teams he tasked with leading.

Again, tonight is not about the failings of James Tavernier as captain, but him listening to what those fans are saying will make not a shred of difference. We need a clear out of the Tavs, McGregors, Goldsons, Barisic, Davis, Kamaras, Arfields, Kents, Morelos, Wrights et al. The core of a group who have won two trophies in four and a half years.

Anyway, I'm ranting now.

Some fans will take a little longer than others to realise where we are right now.

Some fans have been backing him for weeks now. Others (me) have been calling for him to go since Ajax away. 8 weeks wasted if you ask me.

The disgraceful defeatism that was allowed to stand that night and after the Celtic game has led to this. Nothing but an excuse to cover for inadequacy. We could barely put a challenge in or make a two yard pass the full campaign.

Please be over soon.

Those complaining must love watching the scum running away with the league.
Happy clappers, I'm not UB but I'm happy enough for folk who actually attend matches home and away to voice their concerns instead of those fuckin losers who run to social media and FF to cry.

Is bottling the league in November now acceptable for Rangers? 2012 done a number on our support. That Scottish cup win was over celebrated last season aswell.

Happy clappers, I'm not UB but I'm happy enough for folk actually attend matches home and away to voice their concerns instead of those fuckin losers who run to social media and FF to cry.

Is bottling the league in November now acceptable for Rangers? 2012 done a number on our support. That Scottish cup win was over celebrated last season aswell.
It’s the whole “we are better than that” attitude that I find hilarious from a lot of fans. They forget that John Greig was forced out the door, Willie Waddell called fans in the 70s a disgrace, rioted up and down the country, but wait to speak to players and express concerns and it’s deemed beyond the pale by entitled neds.

It’s the whole “we are better than that” attitude that I find hilarious from a lot of fans. They forget that John Greig was forced out the door, Willie Waddell called fans in the 70s a disgrace, rioted up and down the country, but wait to speak to players and express concerns and it’s deemed beyond the pale by entitled neds.
The European run last season has pulled the wool over alot of folks eyes, GVBs doemstic form is enough for him to get chased, although I don't believe he is solely the problem.

Pay a fortune to follow them home and away and we're out the league chase in November, folk are more than entitled to voice their concerns.

It has Caixihna in the bush at Luxembourg vibes but %^*& it, needs must.

The UB's think they invented supporting Rangers, self entitled wee wanks in the most part.
What evidence is there of this?

I admire their passion and the commitment they put in both in terms of the atmosphere and also their displays.

Like any group they are there for folk to have a go at and complain about. However, from my vantage point they've done a huge amount more that is positive than anything worthy of criticism from fellow supporters. One example being that our songbook is far broader and better nowadays thanks in large part of the efforts of the UBs. Like anything it is a lot easier to complain than act.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back