Unions bears at the end of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. Wee idiots at times who add the add ons when they should know better and definitely an air of “we’re better than other supporters” about them.

Mind seeing them pass The District at 6pm after the Dundee United game, with balaclavas on and marching in the middle of the road holding traffic up. Just looked selfish and tragic.

The “youse never clapped us” clip isn’t a great line either but I guess this is only a short clip and there was probably more.
Jesus Christ. Billy boys was started from the ormond stand today

Do you believe loyalist songs at Rangers are a UB problem? These songs have been getting sung for years, I honestly think the majority of them are trash aswell but unfair to criticise a group of 100 folk for songs that have been getting sung for years by our full support.
I know they have been sung for years. During the troubles and for a few years after I could see the relevance. I sang them all myself.

Nowadays we live in a completely different world.
I don't have any issue with them being sung as such but the weekly Bobby Sands/IRA stuff is tedious.

Jesus Christ. Billy boys was started from the ormond stand today
This is correct. From there I could see there were plenty spaces at the edges of the opposite stand if people wanted to move out the way of the flag or pyro or whatever.

I know they have been sung for years. During the troubles and for a few years after I could see the relevance. I sang them all myself.

I don't have any issue with them being sung as such but the weekly Bobby Sands/IRA stuff is tedious.
You do realise the tunes are played on supporters buses etc and it’s not just down to the UB?

What exactly do you expect them to do?

I would have rather had that guy, and the whole group to be fair, vice Tav absolute pelters for such a below par and unnacceptable performance. They should have been slating them for playing shite rather than pleading for a wee applause after the game.

That type of shite is right up there with Pedro in a hedge, and that’s saying something. Tav looked like a wee cuck schoolboy there getting lectured when he should have been looking to get out of there totally after taking solid pelters for being the leader of such a piss poor team of shitehawks today.

I get why these guys would be unhappy, but come to %^*&, have a better argument than not getting clapped. How about not being 7 points behind at the beginning of November? How about having most of the ball today and all sorts of corners and not being able to salvage even a draw?

Protests need to be effective. Having a pleasant conversation about a lack of applause isn’t going to pique attention in the board.

We live in a completely different world? We have Sinn Fein in government and sympathisers in Holyrood ffs.

I thought someone from Germany would appreciate fans having a say when the players clearly aren’t showing them any respect.

Come on, mate. How are the players showing them no respect? We're a rotten team at the minute and that's it.

You can't talk to Rangers players like that, not a chance.

They are saying why the f.u.ck the players never came to recognise the fans not just them.

Doesnt take a rocket scientist to work out
The fans don't need to be recognized after a game.
We live in a completely different world? We have Sinn Fein in government and sympathisers in Holyrood ffs.
I think things have calmed down a bit since the GFA and that was when most people involved were either toddlers or yet to be born.

It absolutely wasn't. The away support is definitely more vocal over the last few years with a better range of songs and I say that as someone who went home and away during the 90s and 00s.
Likewise home and away since 90 and a far better experience, on and off the park I may add

Come on, mate. How are the players showing them no respect? We're a rotten team at the minute and that's it.

You can't talk to Rangers players like that, not a chance.

It’s not just the group, I don’t think the players show respect for any of the fans really.

The fans don't need to be recognized after a game.

I think things have calmed down a bit since the GFA and that was when most people involved were either toddlers or yet to be born.
So we have to stop singing our songs, but they can form a government, have the Shankill bomber canvassing for votes and act like nothing has happened?

Aye, right.

Likewise home and away since 90 and a far better experience, on and off the park I may add
Not the way I recall it at all. It's in the same category as Ibrox having a brilliant atmosphere until TBB was banned. Away games were better than Ibrox but they were never outstanding for atmosphere other than the Piggery and Aberdeen away.

So it’s ok to play rubbish and get beat, not track back when we give the ball away, not close down shots, as long as we get some players clapping at the end of the game? Really ?
Nope. It’s called respect. It’s ok to get beaten if you give 100%, it’s not ok to win if you went through the motions. But you always acknowledge that fans are forking out during extremely hard times. Maybe the 2 go hand in hand? We’re in this together.

It’s not just the group, I don’t think the players show respect for any of the fans really.
The ones that are booing them off the park every other week now or the ones who leave with 15 minutes to go when we're strolling it?
So we have to stop singing our songs, but they can form a government, have the Shankill bomber canvassing for votes and act like nothing has happened?

Aye, right.
Nobody's going to stop you from singing songs about it, but for the overwhelming majority of people under 30, the relevancy of what's happening in Northern Ireland is massively reduced for those who are from previous generations. I think that's what they meant.

The ones that are booing them off the park every other week now or the ones who leave with 15 minutes to go when we're strolling it?

Nobody's going to stop you from singing songs about it, but for the overwhelming majority of people under 30, the relevancy of what's happening in Northern Ireland is massively reduced for those who are from previous generations. I think that's what they meant.
Why are you, over 30, taking it upon yourself to tell others what the “majority” of <30 are thinking?

Don’t mind calling out made up nonsense passed as fact from the likes of you
I think it's fair to say it's factual that the average person under 30 cares less about Northern Ireland now than they might have in the past - when there was an actual civil war ongoing and terrorism on the British mainland from one of the sides involved - but fair play if you live in a world where that isn't the case.

I think it's fair to say it's factual that the average person under 30 cares less about Northern Ireland now than they might have in the past - when there was an actual civil war ongoing and terrorism on the British mainland from one of the sides involved - but fair play if you live in a world where that isn't the case.
You said “overwhelming majority” when it was a sad wee made up stat.

But if that’s your main take from the thread then you’ve got it easy.

You said “overwhelming majority” when it was a sad wee made up stat.

But if that’s your main take from the thread then you’ve got it easy.
I'm not really seeing anything to disprove it as a thought but it's taking the thread on a boring tangent.

My main take from this thread is that our fans don't need to be clapped by the players because we've managed to get through 150 years without it being a requirement and don't have to start now. If the players have played well and want to take in the applause, that's great. If they've played badly and want to get the fuck out of there, dust themselves down and start to learn from it with a view to making things better next time, then that's fine by me.

Fair play to Tav for standing and absorbing it, be interesting to hear his response.
If I was him I’d be thinking … we are 7 points behind the manky mhob and all this cant is worried about is getting a clap at full time, the very least of our worries. This is up there with we were pish today but the fans were great. No cant cares we just want 3 points

I wish James Tavernier would ask them to stop keeping Bobby Sands memory alive every feckin week.

An obsession with a Terrorist who was dead before most of them were born and keeping his memory alive.
Couldn’t agree more. We sing about that rat more than them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back