Unions bears at the end of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t think it’s really cringey at all being honest

The lads obviously peed off but isn’t saying much wrong

So the boy was pist off with players not going over to applaud them. After watching that pish they are raging about players not applauding wow.

I couldn’t care less if none of the players applauded the fans after games and went up the tunnel win loose or draw but what does piss me off is watching that pish we’ve been watching all season and players continuing to play every game like its acceptable.
I’m more concerned about the effort the players are putting in and the fact we struggle to do the basics. He should be shouting about the performances not about getting a round of applause after the game.

Union bears trying their best to act like poets . Fuckin screw the nut .horrendous result and it should be the end of this fuckin manager but stop acting it.
So how do we let them know how pissed off we are? What’s your tactic?

After seeing that other video I see absolutely nothing wrong with what was said, he isn't being abusive or aggressive towards Tav and actually speaks very well.

I think the players should acknowledge the fans regardless of the result also, I noticed when we knocked out Dortmund last season their players stood in front of the away supporters for a few minutes.

Bit tame for my liking, I'd have liked to have seen them getting a harder time than that.

I like big Colak but the fact he felt comfortable to approach the fans to give someone his top at the end of a 2-1 defeat against St Johnstone says it all about the mentality of this squad. A lot of them just don't seem to get it.
He probably thought he was doing the right thing and took some abuse for it. Yet you’ve got the guy in the video telling Tavernier he should be over applauding then fans. I’m angry at the players too but it sounds like our support can’t agree on what the team should be doing after poor results.
What I will say is there is absolutely no need for the abuse Colak took.

Last edited:
Personally don’t want the players to come anywhere near me after sh*t shows like that today. That’s just my opinion though and I although I don’t agree with his point, the guy in video is respectful enough the way he does it.

Before going up tunnel Lundstram and Barasic attempted to applaud fans where I was in Ormond stand and they got pelters.

After seeing that other video I see absolutely nothing wrong with what was said, he isn't being abusive or aggressive towards Tav and actually speaks very well.

I think the players should acknowledge the fans regardless of the result also, I noticed when we knocked out Dortmund last season their players stood in front of the away supporters for a few minutes.
Im sure Leipzig players went over whilst there was utter bedlam in the stands

Must admit, I’m not a fan of the “Ronnie roar” or German type engagement at the end of games but I’m sure there’s some fans that would’ve liked to have been acknowledged. They obviously sensed there was a large swathe of angry fans, filled their pants and walked straight off

For all you lot who are raging about the Union Bears being entitled. We’re you around in the 70s and 80s? I’ve been watching Rangers since 1970 and I remember far, far worse abuse being meted out to management and players back in the day when things were going wrong. And the support was so demanding a couple of defeats sent every lady's front bottom round to the main door to howl for change.

If the UB feel let down then they are quite right to vent their displeasure. Its what we all used to do.

When did you all turn into such old farts?

Bit tame for my liking, I'd have liked to have seen them getting a harder time than that.

I like big Colak but the fact he felt comfortable to approach the fans to give someone his top at the end of a 2-1 defeat against St Johnstone says it all about the mentality of this squad. A lot of them just don't seem to get it.
He gave it to a wean that had a banner with Colak on it. I don’t think him giving a wean his top, and making the weans day, is him showing he’s ok with us getting beat

He was approaching a young girl who was holding up a banner with his name on it. She was holding it at the last home game and pictured by Willie Vass and Colak posted it on his instagram saying he wanted them to get in touch so he could give them a jersey.

Zero wrong with that

Do we even have a clue what was said, as most of it can't be heard, and would make the difference.

If the guy is having a go at the players because they don't give a %^*& and forget about it as soon as they %^*& off down the tunnel, then good on him.

Some of them players don't give a %^*&, not saying they should sit in a dark room all week not speaking to anyone, but they should at least have some pride and self respect.
Okay, just saw another video, looks like he is moaning because the players never came across and gave them a clap.

Reminds me of the good old days of us all laughing at their fans with the shark. How things have changed :(

Write a strongly worded tweet
Start a podcast or a blog, get a media pass and pontify your views. That appears to be the “formal” approach some fans are now taking to ensure they feel morally superior to others

As mentioned earlier, 4Lads and David Edgar are both a credit and they’ve led the way. Some of the imitations we’ve got now have led to inflated egos and people thinking their opinions are somehow more important

People who follow the team everywhere getting told how to support their team because someone writes a blog for the B team

They’d need to watch the game to have an opinion on that mate
Another misconception. Virtually all of them have their eyes on the pitch the full game

Do people genuinely think they turn up and don’t have any interest in watching the match?

What makes it worse is seeing the Celtic players relationship with the fans, right up to the away end after games etc etc. Pumped last week in Madrid but basically walked round the full stadium showing their appreciation to the fans.
The Celtic players have a good relationship with their fans because they're the current Champions 7 points clear at the top of the league.

Our players would have the same relationship with the fans if we were in the same position.

They are making the atmosphere worse at games with their monotone chants that few others bother joining in.
Probably 90% of songs today were about Ulster and the UVF. Fucking dirge.

Embarrassing listening to some spotty 15 year old that couldn’t handle a pillow fight singing how he fought the IRA.

I’m sure they’ll be a fair number of the UB on here, get back to Rangers songs lads ffs.

That’s clearly not happy clapping pish

I’d fully support a silent protest on Wednesday
It’s not a silent protest we need because that achieves nothing what we do need is a full house getting on the board and management and players backs to tell them what we really think and also that we’ve now had enough of this absolute pish

Need to see the whole video before making judgement

But let’s be honest, players no clapping fans is the least of our worries….

I’m sure more must have been said, don’t get a minute or so in front of the captain after performances this season and just moan about not getting a clap at the end
Yeah if thats his biggest gripe from today we have issues…

Fans needing applauded - get over it.

Least Tav stood and took it like a Captain should.

Let’s be honest getting beat in a thrilling European knockout tie over 2 legs, drawing the 2nd one, then clapping isn’t exactly the same as getting handed yer arse in Perth

Probably 90% of songs today were about Ulster and the UVF. Fucking dirge.

Embarrassing listening to some spotty 15 year old that couldn’t handle a pillow fight singing how he fought the IRA.

I’m sure they’ll be a fair number of the UB on here, get back to Rangers songs lads ffs.

That’s harsh mate.

I was in the Osmond stand today and there was loads of the loyalist songs started from there, including the BB.

Second video also shows entitled pish. Upset cause one player came to applaud them.

Someone want to remind folk that we're meant to be the supporters, not be crying that the players didn't clap us enough.

FFS.
I think it's ridiculous as well we are 7 points behind on 6th November we've just had the worst CL Group stage record in history and they are upset because the players never clapped them after a defeat against St Johnstone :)

It’s not a silent protest we need because that achieves nothing what we do need is a full house getting on the board and management and players backs to tell them what we really think and also that we’ve now had enough of this absolute pish
We’re told UB ruin the atmosphere, so they can have a night off and let the rest of us pick up the slack

Ohh wait, we know how that’ll end. I don’t think they’ll do a silent protest but it would be a good way to shine a light on fan opinion - even if it was just 15min to allow for banners to be held up

Heard more noise at the wains nursery than that pathetic video. The guy talking not even shouting doesn’t sound annoyed or angry or aggressive or anything. And let’s all be honest tav is looking at him not interested not taking in what he’s saying and probably thinking can I just get on the bus now and wishing he would stop talking

Another misconception. Virtually all of them have their eyes on the pitch the full game

Do people genuinely think they turn up and don’t have any interest in watching the match?
I was right next to them today , you obviously like them mate , I’m mixed , tifos brilliant , pushing themselves in front of elderly bears with balaclavas on and setting off smoke bombs and flares is a disgrace which I witnessed with my own eyes today , me and my da had tickets in opposite ends today , walking down towards the ground I could see through the gap in the stands they were in the north so I took that ticket , should it be like that ? If I hadn’t a 70 year old would been amongst that nonsense at the start where I couldn’t breath , met another mate after the game asking who hit the bar he couldn’t see a thing for the flags , they’re ruining many aspects of a once absolutely brilliant away support

Let’s be honest getting beat in a thrilling European knockout tie over 2 legs, drawing the 2nd one, then clapping isn’t exactly the same as getting handed yer arse in Perth
Considering Dortmund were the tournament favourites id say it was a poor result for them, I understand it's a different mentality with these supports though, honestly I was out the ground soon as the whistle went so it wouldn't have made any difference to me if they came over or not haha.

We just lost the game and are pretty much done in the league and this wee guy is crying that the players didn't come over to pay them attention and tell them what great fans they are.
Unfortunately these are the supporters that associate with our club now. Utterly embarrassing, which btw represents the players as well!

I think it's ridiculous as well we are 7 points behind on 6th November we've just had the worst CL Group stage record in history and they are upset because the players never clapped them after a defeat against St Johnstone :)
I find it odd that despite the protestations earlier that they were having a go about the poor display that there's no video of that yet. Meanwhile we get two separate ones moaning about not getting a clap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back