“It is what it is at the moment.”

Being honest I think he wants out now as well it's just a case of waiting to see who blinks first when it comes to compensation.

This board will wait till the very last possible second to sack GVB so I'd expect things to get worse before the world cup break.

Being honest I think he wants out now as well it's just a case of waiting to see who blinks first when it comes to compensation.

This board will wait till the very last possible second to sack GVB so I'd expect things to get worse before the world cup break.
The tone of his conversation he’s comfortable in his job and knows it will take a lot more for him to get sacked or he really doesn’t give a shit.

He was asked "how do you defend this performance against St J" (sic)

His answer "I can't, indefensible".

Infuriating comment from Gio today. What does he even mean?

It’s like he’s chucked it and is waiting on the inevitable.
Taking everything else - last season's capitulation, this season's Euro performances, the league form before today - out the equation, that comment alone post defeat to St Johnstone should be enough to get him the sack imo.

"It is what it is"!?

The words of a petulant little boy.

Can anyone really imagine GvB instilling any sort of winning mentality or high standards around the training ground Monday to Friday?

I picture him just sitting at his desk eating ready salted walkers, drinking a glass of water and pouring over the finances of Ajax, Liverpool and Napoli, crunching the numbers and patting himself on the back for only losing two goals at Anfield.

That comment was in relation to his managerial position, nothing to do with the game. He basically got asked if he was getting sacked. What else is he supposed to say there?

I was done with Gio a long time ago, and there's lots of things he got wrong today, bit a daft throwaway comment when asked if he expected to be sacked isn't one of them.

Watch the interview first.

He needs to go, I know it sounds like a bit of a given, but he needs to go for his own good too because if he doesn't he's going to face some incredible hostility. Saying things like "it is what it is at the moment" certainly won't help his case.

Straight up the tunnel after the whistle.

Didn't even have the decency or the courage to face the fans.

gIZ5Cg0.png

Back