“It is what it is at the moment.”

I don’t know what people want him to say.
Would it make everybody feel better if he said “I’ve f**k*d it up. Even though there’s zero chance of that happening.

He’s basically putting the ball back into the board’s court. Sack me or back me.

His full demeanour changed after excitement of beating psv talking bout signings to feeling done over

It was obvious things changed between breathing psv and end of transfer window.
This is a great point, and why I still have some sympathy for GvB

I wouldn't be surprised if the board 'promised' him funds on the basis we qualify for the CL (thinking there was no chance we'd get past PSV)

The fact we made it exposed their bluff. There's definitely something off between Gio and the board

This is a great point, and why I still have some sympathy for GvB

I wouldn't be surprised if the board 'promised' him funds on the basis we qualify for the CL (thinking there was no chance we'd get past PSV)

The fact we made it exposed their bluff. There's definitely something off between Gio and the board

I definitely have sympathy with Gio. Last year's European run will live with me forever and I was initially buzzing about getting back into the CL this year as well.

Domestically though some of his selections were baffling and our general play is poor.

In saying that, the whole club is a riot at the minute and it'll be a disgrace if Robertson, Wilson etc see off both Gerrard and Gio whilst they remain untouchable.

Infuriating comment from Gio today. What does he even mean?

It’s like he’s chucked it and is waiting on the inevitable.
It means he's relaxed about the situation and it will get sorted..,at some point.

It seems to be a club mindset.
We are relaxed about a lot of things.
Training,
Performance,
Transfer business,
Etc, etc....

Not making excuses for poor management but that is Gerrard and GvB now not backed financially by the board when push really comes to shove.

So who will want to come in next to manage knowing that? We will be be shopping in the ALDI of football management.

Probably a 2nd rate manager who will toe the directors line.

Meanwhile the whole hierarchy at Rangers from the blazers to management to players are all supplementing their pension funds. We need root and branch change before our clubs' record trophy wins becomes an nonentity.

Last edited:
Whoever comes in needs to be on a 12 month rolling contract, that has to be the case going forward from now on, the days of having managers on multi year days is over… and whoever authorised that deal for GVB needs sacked as it is going to cost the club millions

I think Gio has been badly let down by Wilson.
Wilson should be first to be shown the door but that takes people at the top showing responsibility and basically admitting they got it wrong with his appointment.
Gio has also not helped himself with some team selections and decisions during the match with subs made and tactics.
The last 3 transfer windows have been terrible. January's and last summers (2021) left us with no option but to offer aging squad members 1 year extensions.

One thing that annoys me is that under Gerrard of course we had bad results, but if we didn't perform you knew fine well he was absolutely prepared to tell them and put a rocket up their arse. I just can't imagine Gio doing that.

I'd like to think he will be chapping the door of the boardroom first thing this morning and come to some mutual agreement regarding his departure.

His acceptance of defeats is the primary reason he should be gone. He is at the wrong club with the attitude he has. The minute he said we couldn’t compete he should have been made to leave. Can take defeats and bad performances but that type of attitude is infectious & not befitting of our club
I understand Warburton/Pedro seasons were tough and an outlier to normality so I’m discounting those seasons in relation to my point

Those 2 seasons aside, I can’t ever remember a time we were routinely embarrassed the way we are with Gio as manger. Twice at Parkhead we went into half time 3-0 down and both games could’ve ended silly scores. Not only the results, but the performances have been woefully unacceptable

I understand Warburton/Pedro seasons were tough and an outlier to normality so I’m discounting those seasons in relation to my point

Those 2 seasons aside, I can’t ever remember a time we were routinely embarrassed the way we are with Gio as manger. Twice at Parkhead we went into half time 3-0 down and both games could’ve ended silly scores. Not only the results, but the performances have been woefully unacceptable

The terrifying thing is he didn’t adjust his formation or tactics for that 2nd old firm game. It was a carbon copy of the first one.

Majority looked at our line up before the game and feared the worst - and were correct

Gio can be criticised for many things, but how can you fault him for us only being able to score once with 27 attempts?
Because the Team look disorganised, unfit, clueless, bang out of ideas and without motivation.

There’s a starter for you. He’s the manager, he picks the players, he decides what happens in training, he isn’t the sole reason for our collapse but he’s the main reason.

Which is why he won’t be here much longer.

Sounds like he has just accepted the situation and is willing to go through the motions.

Get him sacked now.

I was hoping he would resign and go out with a bit of dignity. Looks like wishful thinking on my part.

We're basically where Celtic were with Lennon 2020/21

Fans knew he was done at the start of the season. Humiliations in Europe, lost OF game, falling behind in the league (although at this stage they were 9 points behind with 2 games in hand - better position than we're in currently which is damning). Key players had chucked it. Their board dragged their feet.

Things got from bad to worse but they did nothing. It wasn't till the end of February, with them 18 points behind, that he resigned. By all accounts there was also a stand-off re compensation and it's probably the same here.

The right time to sack Gio was weeks ago. I have no confidence our board is any better than theirs (nor do they have the funds to accelerate his departure). Hence I think we're going to see this horrific showing drag on for a while yet
I was talking with a guy at work who's a Celtic fan and he said the exact same thing.

Everyone can see it's over but that board need to act now .

Back