Where will Gio's next job be?

Probably be involved in the national team or as a technical director somewhere in Holland.

Wouldnt surprise me if one of the bottom half german teams take a punt if a job comes up giving how we done against Dortmund and Leipzig last year.

His tactical awareness got us through tough ties. Him changing it vs leipzig second half was particularly shrewd.

He will do well at the right club. A club where draws are good results. Rangers didnt fit him and his style.

Bit harsh to rule him out of any managers job.
It’s best ignored mate…

The guy gave us one of the best nights of our life but I didn’t work out overall.

Some of the replies are tragic.

Rangers wasn’t the right fit for him in the end but he wouldn’t have got us within a kick of the Europa League if he was a complete dud.

To an outsider the obvious achievements he can point to are the EL run, winning the SC and taking us to the CL for the first time in over a decade. We may be second at the moment, but given Celtic have won 10 of the last 11 league titles I don’t think many foreign chairmen will hold that against him.

He is very well respected within the game and will certainly have offers.

Could see a lower half Bundesliga or La Liga team being an option for him.

He might still have connections with the City group, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Australian A League or MLS.

Could replace Southgate at England and no one would no the difference

It’s best ignored mate…

The guy gave us one of the best nights of our life but I didn’t work out overall.

Some of the replies are tragic.
He also gave us the worst night in our clubs history and the worst campaign in champions league history.

Maybe an AZ, Utrecht or Twente type Dutch league team.

I'd say as above though, we'll suited to a technical role in the Dutch FA.

He should probably look into the sporting director role somewhere, as I suspect that would suit his talents more than management. And tbh, if Wilson can remain employed then anyone can do it, I might try myself in the new year. :p

Back