Mail On Sunday - "Beale's antics show he's not the kind of guy Rangers need as boss"

Keown in a world of pain. He can’t hide his hatred.

Rangers are a “ sad eyed, bashed-up Rottweiler” no bother Gary were you looking in the mirror when you wrote that?

As for having a go at Douglas Parks weight, again, people in glass houses and all that. What kind of “ journalist” attacks a 70 odd year old man for his appearance? A total scumbag that’s who.

Could’ve been written by Phil Machollibam an utter disgrace that it was even put to print

@Greg Marshall are the club aware of this hideous attack on us?

Last edited:
I'm on the fence about Beale but this is just daft. There is no loyalty in football and people who are under the impression there is are living in denial.
I’m in the same boat regarding Beale but as u say there is no loyalty, especially when it comes to football managers. QPR would sack him in a heart beat if he wasn’t doing well and nobody would be crying about loyalty.

I find it strange that it's taken them all of those journos on Mount Pious a month to display their disgust and anger at Beale attending the Aberdeen given not a single one of them said a word when it happened.

Keevins is at today as well in the Mail. Saying Gio was a goner when he pictured with Fat Alf early doors. Also calls Beale "cold blooded and calcultating...he circled his prey and got his way" :D

If QPR were lose a greater sequence of games this season there would be demand for Beale to be sacked, and if Gerrard had lost the league at Rangers last season there would be calls for him to be sacked as well. Loyalty in football, where you either win/lose/draw on a regular basis is a nice sentiment, but in reality it is rarer than rare; perhaps that's just the way it has to be when it is so competitive.

Playing Devil's Dick Advocaat here.......

Gio was too nice for his own good and not ruthless enough.

We can't then criticise Beale for being ruthless and single minded enough to go after the job he wants.

He may or may not be the manager we need, time will tell, but I do want someone who'd walk over broken glass to be out manager and it looks like he's doing that.

Surely nobody can deny there's red flags over the way he behaved over the past month?

Gio has a right to feel slightly undermined IMO.
Eh, no.

We lost to St Johnstone and drew with Livingston and St Mirren.

We win those games and nothing Beale does is even slightly relevant.

The only red flags were our inability to beat three utterly pish teams.

The optics around Beale and us are terrible.

Don't think we should care right enough. That's football but let's not pretend any of this looks great in terms of loyalty.

The more I think about it, the being pictured out and about with the fans at the Aberdeen game looks very much like a bit of a PR exercise. And yes I know that it's said he had that trip planned for ages.

Red flags, Machiavellian behaviours, underhand, easy option, no loyalty, a vulture. All of this in the article and all over the place, if he has done all of the above in a tactical manner to get the job then my opinion is good as long as he comes in and carries on as ruthlessly with the squad, the board and the opposition

If ever there was an article screaming look at me then this is it. What a load of absolute nonsense, and all it should do is show Michael, if he does become our manager, how low the press will stoop to get a click and or attack him.

And if Beale does want the job with as much hunger as I think he does then that will be part of what takes us forward along with undoubted coaching talent.

I’m not entirely convinced about the appointment myself but surely something like this only creates an us Vs them mentality which will suit us?

If/when he’s announced I’ll back him until I see evidence that it’s not working.

I find it strange that it's taken them all of those journos on Mount Pious a month to display their disgust and anger at Beale attending the Aberdeen given not a single one of them said a word when it happened.

Keevins is at today as well in the Mail. Saying Gio was a goner when he pictured with Fat Alf early doors. Also calls Beale "cold blooded and calcultating...he circled his prey and got his way" :D
They really are a strange , obsessive bunch.

I genuinely get the impression they are devastated that we made the move and parted ways with GVB. They saw him as a soft touch and wanted him to stay as long as possible.

There’s no other support in the world so fixated on their rivals as yahoo fc.

Don't think we should care right enough. That's football but let's not pretend any of this looks great in terms of loyalty.

The more I think about it, the being pictured out and about with the fans at the Aberdeen game looks very much like a bit of a PR exercise. And yes I know that it's said he had that trip planned for ages.
As stated above if gio had got the wins in Perth and Paisley he would probably still be in a job and Beales "pr exercise" would have been for nothing.

I tend to agree with some of the opinions of the what he has said but the tone of it was rather aggressive and bitter.

He is right, Beale should not have appeared at Ibrox. Gio was struggling, he was already being touted for the position. The optics of it, did not look good. Even more so now that he seems to be our number 1 candidate, it stinks a bit and appears really underhand from our board and Beale.

I see it the other way. The fact that QPR have been so open to his move suggests (to me), that Beale has maybe spoken with Les Ferdinand and explained the pull that opportunity might have on him. I see it as tremendous loyalty to us as he's in with a shout of the prem this year which would bring insane wealth to him and his family.

Keown obviously had some space to fill. No doubt he and his mate McGowan spent a bit of time cooking that stuff up. He talks about how Beale would need to be ready for anything as Rangers manager, well it’s people like those two who intentionally make the job even more difficult.

What the Mail doesn't realise is that MB was invited to this game weeks in advance and was in Scotland on un related matters. Keown is best ignored however I'm surprised that this was allowed to go to print. They clearly don't wish to return to Ibrox.
The fact that he has taken aim at a man in his 70s weight and held him up for ridicule is an utter disgrace in a so called unbiased article.

The club should be taking Keown to the cleaners over some of the stuff written there

Indeed. Optics.

Football can be a short career and unpredictable, you can be the hottest thing around, with 2 years later nobody wanting you. In football if an opportunity ever comes up you need to grab it. Regardless of what manager we get, if just about any club from England, Germany, Spain, France, or Italy came in for him then he would go. This would be the same scenario for every other team outwith those leagues.

I had no bad feeling towards Gerrard and was wanting him to do well at Villa.

Last edited:
They really are a strange , obsessive bunch.

I genuinely get the impression they are devastated that we made the move and parted ways with GVB. They saw him as a soft touch and wanted him to stay as long as possible.

There’s no other support in the world so fixated on their rivals as yahoo fc.

The number of ex Celtic players they get to talk about us in the media is incredible.

McAvennie was weighing in the other day with his nonsense about Gio's sacking FFS.

So, what if Beale is the manager and actually does well and when a EPL job comes in say 6 months and he thinks.. I want that, are people on here not going to spouting the same type of things about Beale as it says in the headline?

If Beale is the manager, I will support him but, I do not think he deserves the job as he has not the experience we need, he has shown no loyalty to us previously as he was more than happy to leave and follow Gerrard and we weren't playing as great just before they left either!

I am struggling to understand this clamour for Beale to be the boss.

Last edited:
So, what if Beale is the manager and actually does well and when a EPL job comes in say 6 months and he thinks.. I want that, are people on here not going to spouting the same type of things about Beale as it says in the headline?

If Beale is the manager, I will support him but, I do not think he deserves the job as he has not the experience we need, he has shown no loyalty to us previously as he was more than happy to leave ans follow Gerrard and we weren't playing as great just before they left either!

I am struggling to understand this clamour for Beale to be the boss.

Give us all peace FFS, broken record.

Back