Training today

'Mick Beale'

disgust-cringe.gif

I can't imagine there were any on field sessions today.

If Beale was there (as rumoured) then I imagine he wanted to meet the players and talk to them about his strategy and expectations of them.

If Beale wasn't there, it'd likely be gym sessions and fitness testing.

I can't imagine there were any on field sessions today.

If Beale was there (as rumoured) then I imagine he wanted to meet the players and talk to them about his strategy and expectations of them.

If Beale wasn't there, it'd likely be gym sessions and fitness testing.
Most weeks our starting lineup is similar to those in the 2018/19 season.

I think the players will know his strategy.

He was there and they were on the pitch training, 100%.
I don't doubt either of those two statements.

I'd be surprised if Beale was carrying out the session. I would imagine fitness testing would be carried out on the pitch. I probably did myself no favours in stating "on field sessions", I meant tactical/technical sessions.

I don't doubt either of those two statements.

I'd be surprised if Beale was carrying out the session. I would imagine fitness testing would be carried out on the pitch. I probably did myself no favours in stating "on field sessions", I meant tactical/technical sessions.

No worries mate, Beale was on the pitch as well but I’ve been told it was a ‘hard’ session.

*not claiming it was all running etc, but it was high intensity throughout.

No worries mate, Beale was on the pitch as well but I’ve been told it was a ‘hard’ session.
Interesting if he did actually take any of the session. That would surprise me. It definitely suggests that the deal has been finalised and not announced. I can't see that being allowed if he was still under employment elsewhere.

Appreciate the insight.

It’ll all be done in house and most likely been filmed/photographed already. I’d guess they’re also getting videos of the training session etc to release gradually.
Get that. Just very weird way to do it. Not many teams would have a new manager signed and have him take training before making an announcement and letting fans know.

Interesting if he did actually take any of the session. That would surprise me. It definitely suggests that the deal has been finalised and not announced. I can't see that being allowed if he was still under employment elsewhere.

Appreciate the insight.
The fact he was at the training ground means he was there to finalise the contract by signing it. He doesn’t come there if they haven’t worked everything out.

There is no way it takes ten minutes to: meet all staff and players at the training centre to make a worthy announcement; and maybe discuss his plans; then get to Ibrox with the media team to take photos, videos, and anything else necessary to release as a public announcement.
It's called a meeting. You speak to everyone at once. It's an introduction not a team briefing. He hasn't even met some of the players so how could he have a plan for them?

The media interviews do not need to be concluded before a statement or press conference

Training can be moved etc etc. You don't have a manager operating and involved in training before letting the fans know.

Nothing like priorities

It's called a meeting. You speak to everyone at once. It's an introduction not a team briefing. He hasn't even met some of the players so how could he have a plan for them?

The media interviews do not need to be concluded before a statement or press conference

Training can be moved etc etc. You don't have a manager operating and involved in training before letting the fans know.

Nothing like priorities
Priority is the team. The manager has got to work right away. To me that’s what I want. It doesn’t bother me if I hear officially a couple of ours later.

The full back room team may be getting finalised so they can all be announced at once.

Back