Michael Beale's Objectives

ShiftyPowers

Put yourself in Ross Wilson's size fives...

What would you regard as success this season for Michael? Future seasons we know its to win everything and perform better in Europe, but what about this season?

Win the league?
Just close the gap and begin to put the squeeze on that mob?
League Cup?
Scottish Cup?
Double?

What do you want to see as a sign of things to come for the rest of this season?

Think he may regret the “no time to lose, we need to win every match” giddiness - even we are not that unreasonable with our expectations .

I can understand him getting carried away in the moment mind you!

What would you regard as success this season for Michael? Future seasons we know its to win everything and perform better in Europe, but what about this season?

Win the league?
League Cup?
Scottish Cup?
Double?

What do you want to see as a sign of things to come for the rest of this season?
To get the hotdogs fixed out before the next home match

To instil a sense of desire back in this squad would be a rather good starting point. To then see signs in January that he wants to bring in players to improve the first XI.

Close the gap in the league, putting pressure on them to see how they handle it and win at least 1 of the 2 cups.

Short term:
Beat them in January.
Close the gap.
Bring the fitness back.
Win a cup (hopefully 2).

Medium term:
Injured players back.
Several players out.
Several players in that are; higher quality, younger age, and less injury prone.

Longer term (in 18 months):
Win 56.

The state our squad is in and the gap as it is, I don’t think anyone of sane mind would expect the league this season.

Win the league?
League Cup?
Scottish Cup?
Double?

I think you are being generous… size 5? No chance he’s that big.

• Haha
Reactions: TQ3

Win the league?
League Cup?
Scottish Cup?
Double?

In all seriousness, get this team back to the fitness levels they were last season would make a massive difference.

Win the next two old firms!
That will set the tone for the run in.
Come on Micheal get intae ‘em!

Beat them
Win a cup
Better recruitment
Improved performances all round
Fans on side
Qualify for CL next season

He’s 180 mins away from a trophy, has 3 out of the next 4 league old firm games at Ibrox and had more than half a seasons worth of league games to play.

If only we’d made this change 6 weeks ago when it was clear for all to see, the league might just have been salvageable.

He needs to avoid defeat on January 2nd.

Win on January 15th and then the League Cup at the end of February - if we don’t, it’ll likely mean the yahoos heading towards a treble.

Improvements in player morale
Improvements in defensive organisation
Claw back as many points as possible.
January signings
A clear style and player roles on show
Giving zero respect to these cunts from the other side in the old firm games
Interesting there is no defender in his appointed back room team or have I missed someone who is ? Is there another to come ?

Ditch the ‘more work with the ball’ crap that GVB introduced and get our fitness back. At one time we were able to play for 120 minutes and still win a match a few days later. We can’t do that now.
Being as fit as we can be and press opponents and don’t give them time is a great leveller. We used to be really good at and we need to get it back.

Get right back and left back who can defend. Get a centre forward who can bully a defence. Bring back Willie Johnston

I am positive about the short term objectives, the players know MB and i am hopefull things will improve moving forward but there needs to be a
Massive improvement in the players mindset
Moving forward

Improvements in player morale
Improvements in defensive organisation
Claw back as many points as possible.
January signings
A clear style and player roles on show
Giving zero respect to these cunts from the other side in the old firm games
Bang on. If he was to win a cup or two great, but I’ve pretty much accepted there will be little tangible success this season from what I’ve watched so far.

Build for a challenge from next season. Free hit for the remainder of this season to get this shambles sorted and decide who he wants, and who he doesn’t.

1. Get the squad together, talk to them all as a group first and individually over the next few days. Weed out anyone who does not want to be here or give 100% every game. Find out what their individual circumstances are. Let them know exactly what the goals are.

2. Do whatever we feel necessary to improve the defence. A solid defence was the basis of just about every successful Rangers team. Whether this is through recruitment, getting players fit, coaching those here or a combination, it would be my top priority until sorted.

3. Re-establish "RELENTLESS". This was the mentality that won us the league. That lot have "We Never Stop". We have it in one word.

4. Look ahead to next season. Although we aren't completely out of the league until mathematically impossible and still competing for 2 cups and should be improving performances and results, we have to acknowledge that a number of the squad due to contract and/or age won't be here and need replacing for next year. That includes big characters like McGregor, Davis, Arfield, Jack, Morelos, Kent. If it was me I'd review the wage structure to have a different mix of big name/big wage top drawer players and blend that with younger players in the squad rather than filling the squad with bargain basement and mediocre players.

Win the league?
League Cup?
Scottish Cup?
Double?

Alfie managing two legs of a bleep test.

Win as many trophies as possible. That is the job of any Rangers Manager. I couldn't give a toss what Celtc do. We set our own standards and should never be concerned with that mob.

Think he may regret the “no time to lose, we need to win every match” giddiness - even we are not that unreasonable with our expectations .

I can understand him getting carried away in the moment mind you!
He's right in what he says, but no reasonable person will expect him to deliver on it, so he'll have at least half the support behind him after the first defeat. Downhill from there tho!

I think he outlined his objectives in his interview. Win, get at teams from the start in every minute of every game, give the fans something to be happy about, get tune out the current team.

Win a cup, get a better more attractive style of football, beat the scum, get closer in the league. If we could lose the league by less than say 5 points it then shows we are trending in the right direction and gives us something to build on for next year.

Win the league?
League Cup?
Scottish Cup?
Double?

In reality squad fitness, better flowing balanced football, a cup, close the gap (feel the leagues away), build for next season. Win at least 2 out of 3 old firms.

Back