Michael Beale's Objectives

He’s got to be able to build a side that can stand up to this Angeball nonsense and put it in its box once and for all. That gravy drinking fuckpig has had it too easy for too long, and the last man to put him in his place, Scottish Cup win aside, was Beale, I believe, on the touchline.

He’s got to be able to drill it into this team of shitebags that they are no longer shitebags and can stand up to this diddy and his team.

Also, making sure that we take care of the dross in this division and test them with the utter disrespect they deserve. No one fears Rangers anymore, and that’s a huge problem. We’ve got to make teams afraid of facing us and only we can sort that out ourselves. It won’t fall on our lap suddenly, we need to work for it.

He’s got to win silverware this season, it’s imperative.

For the remainder of this season:

Win one of the cups, Martyn said on H&H he might need both but I feel thats a bit much, even really good Rangers teams rarely won both cups so I feel 1 would be enough.

On top of that he needs to take at a minimum 4 points from the 3 OF games left, preferably 6 TBH.

Fitter players.

Set Piece improvement (shouldn't be a difficult one).

Get the avg age of the team down.

The league isn't over by any stretch of the imagination. That's his first hurdle in turning around the attitude that it is over and instilling belief into the players and support that we can turn it around.

Hit the ground running, get a winning run on the go and put the minks back in their box in January and you will see what a bit of pressure does to them.

We’re nine points behind, not nineteen.

As unlikely as it might seem that we could somehow catch them and win the league, there’s still three Old Firm games left, two of which are at home. Win both of those and avoid defeat in the other and the gap is down to just three points.

I’m sure Beale won’t be conceding the title at this point.

Win one of the cups
Between now and the end of the season, accrue more points than Celtic (ie. Not expected to overturn a 9 point deficit, but if the league started tomorrow, finish the season with more points than them)

Irrespective of what Beale's objectives are the reality is he needs to beat Celtic or he won't be here long.
This is indeed the reality.

The problem is that they sadly have a better first 12, squad and financial position than us. No amount of "no surrenders" on here will change that, though I know many will disagree and think a few staunch posts will change that.

He has a huge job on his hands and is taking over a mess, with limited budget to spend and a squad a few transfers deep into shite recruitment.

Put yourself in Ross Wilson's size fives...

What would you regard as success this season for Michael? Future seasons we know its to win everything and perform better in Europe, but what about this season?

Win the league?
Just close the gap and begin to put the squeeze on that mob?
League Cup?
Scottish Cup?
Double?

What do you want to see as a sign of things to come for the rest of this season?
Costing them the treble would probably keep Beale in a job.

Would it be enough for the support though?

Near early December 2022 and we're already talking about two domestic cups being a massive success which is a shame.

But hopefully Beale can get rid of the players not putting the effort in and bring in players who will, and who'll have a positive impact on the team for the rest of this season and into next season too.

Maybe utilising the loan to buy market again? He'll have a lot of connections.

- Close the gap from 9
- Compete better with Celtic (away from home)
- Deliver a cup

- implement a style of play
- get underperforming players back to a level we know they can be at
- connect this team and fans again

Close the gap on the filth in the league
Win a domestic cup
Improve the morale, fitness levels of the squad
Bring more tactical awareness and organisation on the park
A good January transfer window (incomings as well as outgoings)

Minimum of 6 points from the 3 remaining games against the filth. Close the gap.

Apart from that just improve performances and results. Cups aren't really things you can set out to win, anything can happen in a one-off game and you're out.

Cup double
Finish within 6 points of them in league
win 2 OF games - do not be scared of them
Finish season on the up with players playing to their best ability. Have a visible shape and style of play to start with, along with an established alternative set up to take into account available personnel or oppostion.

Treat the rest of the season as a new league campaign and win that - might not be enough to close the gap, though.

Win a cup.

He has to win a Cup and close the gap considerably to be a success both are achievable.

The reason he has to win a cup is to allow him some breathing room as we as a support lack patience.

Win a cup this season.
Beat them and reduce the points gap.

Next season is to win the league. Don't care much about Europe as we need to get back to the bread and butter of the league.

it’s hard to overstate the importance of games against them. Even if we narrowed the gap by the end of the season or won a cup, if we were worse off in games against them he will feel the pressure. A couple of wins against them will do wonders for his standing with the fans, even if we don’t come back to win the league. The 4-0 defeat there ultimately did for Gio more than any other result this season

Improvements in player morale
Improvements in defensive organisation
Claw back as many points as possible.
January signings
A clear style and player roles on show
Giving zero respect to these cunts from the other side in the old firm games
And getting rid of players who are constantly injured but still earning a fortune
Does my fvcking head in just thinking about it we must pay out a fortune a month on injured players most long term out or can't open the front door at Auchinhowie without pulling a muscle

I don't see us winning the league this season or next, so I'd say his job is to prevent Celtic overtaking our league title record. I think they will be 3 behind after this year?

We need to see him make improvements immediately and then build on it next year.

He’s got to be able to build a side that can stand up to this Angeball nonsense and put it in its box once and for all. That gravy drinking fuckpig has had it too easy for too long, and the last man to put him in his place, Scottish Cup win aside, was Beale, I believe, on the touchline.

He’s got to be able to drill it into this team of shitebags that they are no longer shitebags and can stand up to this diddy and his team.

Also, making sure that we take care of the dross in this division and test them with the utter disrespect they deserve. No one fears Rangers anymore, and that’s a huge problem. We’ve got to make teams afraid of facing us and only we can sort that out ourselves. It won’t fall on our lap suddenly, we need to work for it.

He’s got to win silverware this season, it’s imperative.
Gravy drinking fuckpig :)) tremendous!

It's certainly going to be interesting if he can improve the players and get them performing. Take Matondo for example. He's looked lost and uninterested but the boy clearly has talent somewhere.

Beale is the kind of coach that will get the best out of players, they will understand what is expected of them and most of all they will enjoy training and playing. I think we could see some changes in some of the players that looked destined to fail.

Kent has looked a shadow of himself at times and is another one who could get back to his previous levels and hopefully sign a new deal.

As unlikely as it might seem that we could somehow catch them and win the league, there’s still three Old Firm games left, two of which are at home. Win both of those and avoid defeat in the other and the gap is down to just three points.

Good post. Win in January, and win every game before that, and we're six points behind; the idea that we are out of the League if that happens is completely ludicrous.

The best we can hope for is that the return of the Beale will have a resurgence in the players that played well under him and Gerrard.

Put yourself in Ross Wilson's size fives...

What would you regard as success this season for Michael? Future seasons we know its to win everything and perform better in Europe, but what about this season?

Win the league?
Just close the gap and begin to put the squeeze on that mob?
League Cup?
Scottish Cup?
Double?

What do you want to see as a sign of things to come for the rest of this season?

I think it would be unfair to expect Beale to come in and win the league in these settings, I'm not saying it's impossible but it would be unfair to expect him to win it this season.

I would expect us to win 2/3 remaining old firms and both the cups

Out those fuckers back in their box

I think it would be unfair to expect Beale to come in and win the league in these settings, I'm not saying it's impossible but it would be unfair to expect him to win it this season.

Just as it would be unfair to give up on trying to win it. We're in November, we have yet to play Celtic three times, with two of those games at Ibrox.

I think a couple of wins against them and pressure on them to always win can help us, we have nothing to lose in attacking and being positive now.

They slip up and we gain ground do that by beating them and you never know doubt can slip in, they are not an amazing team and haven’t really had any pressure applied.

Last season games got moved to help them, they got favourable decisions in games and we stopped playing in January.

Most of all I want to see a high tempo style however I would settle to see desire from the players picked and attacking intent.

The recruitment must improve and I want to see players signed for the first 11 that puts the existing players down the pecking order rather than spend millions on players and go can’t get in.

I’d like to see players improving with the coaching they receive, Yilmaz and Tillman in particular.

I think the main thing he needs to do is immediately instil a heavy dose of motivation, determination & an increased work ethic

That in itself won't necessarily be enough longer term - but it will definitely help meantime IMO

Absolutely this.

If we go on a winning run and they even drop a couple of other points on top of the OF and it’s a small gap.

1. Change the playing style so that we are a lot more attractive to watch
2. Stop buying crocks and guys who just don’t make it
3. Close the gap on Celtc, when we next play them let’s not be humiliated
That’s realistic and would set us up for a better 2023-2024 season, this season has gone.

Win both cups this season.

Win the league next season, if not then come close and have a long European run and one (possibly two) domestic cups.

Clear out the deadwood/non value for money players in the squad.

If no title by season 3 then bye bye.

Short term is easy - rejuvenate the current squad and get them performing. Do this and results will follow. Win all the games up to and including them in January and we will see early signs of what progress is being made.

The League - At the very least we close the gap on that lot - in now way am I conceding the title but we've managed to let them get further away than is comfortable. In many ways it can be argued that he has a "free shot" at the league for the remainder of the season on the gap alone. That changes however should we win on Jan 2nd and close the gap to a max of 6 points.

Transfer - It will be interesting to see what targets he has in mind for incomings in the next window and those he would be happy to leave. If I'm being honest, I can see a few being rejuvenated under him for the rest of the season (we can discuss why they've not performed so far on another thread) which will be a welcome relief to us.

Squad - The one thing that will be out of his hands is those who are injured. We really need the likes of Goldson & Lawrence back asap and the likes of Kamara, Jack, Ridvan etc being fit and available regularly.

Cups - At least one cup won, if not both. CL qualification for next season and more players signed in the summer with the intention of them being first picks.

I think we are all keen to see Beale the coach back and getting to work. Hopefully the step up to Number 1 goes smoothly.

Evaluate the injury list and promote recovery of the players that could at least get back to training at the earliest opportunity.

Work on players stamina with extra training devoted to fitness. No exceptions.

Use the next three weeks to play closed doors fixtures (3) to implement and instruct the way he wants his team to shape up and play. Players need to hit the ground running in our first fixture back.

Be in tune with players conversations in the media. All need to be ‘singing from the same hymn sheet’. Ie: the league is not over, we’re working really hard to narrow the gap, team spirit is really high in the camp.

Minimum he only needs to win two games against them.
1. Give them a hiding in the league at Ibrox to restore our self respect and confidence.
2. Beat them in a cup final.
That will be successful first half season.
But we all hope for much more.

Most of all I want to see a high tempo style however I would settle to see desire from the players picked and attacking intent.

The recruitment must improve and I want to see players signed for the first 11 that puts the existing players down the pecking order rather than spend millions on players and go can’t get in.

I’d like to see players improving with the coaching they receive, Yilmaz and Tillman in particular.
Will be interesting to see what he does with Tillman.

Short term is easy - rejuvenate the current squad and get them performing. Do this and results will follow. Win all the games up to and including them in January and we will see early signs of what progress is being made.

The League - At the very least we close the gap on that lot - in now way am I conceding the title but we've managed to let them get further away than is comfortable. In many ways it can be argued that he has a "free shot" at the league for the remainder of the season on the gap alone. That changes however should we win on Jan 2nd and close the gap to a max of 6 points.

Transfer - It will be interesting to see what targets he has in mind for incomings in the next window and those he would be happy to leave. If I'm being honest, I can see a few being rejuvenated under him for the rest of the season (we can discuss why they've not performed so far on another thread) which will be a welcome relief to us.

Squad - The one thing that will be out of his hands is those who are injured. We really need the likes of Goldson & Lawrence back asap and the likes of Kamara, Jack, Ridvan etc being fit and available regularly.

Cups - At least one cup won, if not both. CL qualification for next season and more players signed in the summer with the intention of them being first picks.

I think we are all keen to see Beale the coach back and getting to work. Hopefully the step up to Number 1 goes smoothly.
Really good post.

Win one of the cups
Between now and the end of the season, accrue more points than Celtic (ie. Not expected to overturn a 9 point deficit, but if the league started tomorrow, finish the season with more points than them)
Sensible post mate.

The league is gone but we dont want them winning it by 20 points

I want to see up compete with the yahoos everytime we play them and also approximately match their other results until the end of the season.

Win one of the cups to stop another treble.

I also want to see us playing and attacking with intensity every game we play in the SPL, we might not win every game but I expect us to be the better/hungrier/fitter team creating most chances.

Not easy to do all this with the current group of players who have failed so badly in the league this last year or so but that is the task of this rangers manager this year.

Next year the league title will be the target.

The same brief as SG in 2018, reverse the rot and make us competitive for next season. Disgraceful that we've regressed back to 2018

For me, improve the attitude of the players, get them believing and going on to the pitch knowing they play for the mighty Glasgow Rangers and at the same time introducing some different tactical solutions for different games. This I think he can do. What he can’t control is the injuries. We need to hope to god some of the first team can get back asap.

Close the gap on Celtic in the league and win a cup would be reasonable, but I do think he'll need the club's backing in January to sort out the squad a bit for the run-in.

A clear sense of how we play, an identity,
Much higher level of fitness
Attacking teams home and away
Final in both cups
Signings in Jan that make us better
No more capitulation at no shame stadium
Injured players back

in the summer
Several signings that take us to the next level
Out of contract players gone

Improve our record in OF matches. Even if we don’t win every one, no more dreadful performances and humpings by 3 or 4 goals

Retain the Scottish Cup

Start building a team that can win the league in 22/23. Would be happy for us to start by shipping out those in January who we know will be off by summer.

Back