Beale planning to build his team around Kamara

I'll take the hit.

MICHAEL BEALE aims to re-establish Glen Kamara as a big player for Rangers.

The Finnish midfielder became a bit-part fringe man under Giovanni van Bronckhorst.

But new Light Blues boss Beale is a huge fan of the playmaker and vowed to build his team around him.

He said: “He’s got to be happy, hasn’t he, playing his football.

“And certainly at this moment in time he probably wouldn’t be happy being in and out the team. No footballer ever is.

“I think he has always conducted himself very well. The boy I know is a very mild-mannered boy.
“Neil Banfield had him for a number of years through the Arsenal academy and I worked with Glen for three and a half years.

“If we can’t help then I’m not sure anyone can, in a Rangers shirt.

“I’m quite fiery and Neil is quite fiery so Glen already knows what he’s going to get from us. No, that’s tongue in cheek.

“Glen has got 100 per cent of my trust. He was hugely important in my previous time here and while he’s still young, he’s coming into the prime of his career. He will be a big player for Rangers moving forward.

“Glen was recruited for a style that suited Glen. When new managers come in they try things out, which is none of my business, to be honest.

“My business is now and getting the best out of Glen today.”

Beale also vowed to lift the mood within the Rangers squad.

He added: “I am trying to remove one or two clouds. In this football club, when you don’t get good results the pressure does different things to different people.

“I am trying to change the mindset, change the energy around it.

“In terms of players, I don’t want to go into specifics right now. But what I would say is that everyone is chomping at the bit to get back.

“We have been having meetings with the players so the injured players can sit in on that.

“I think once everyone is fit and available our squad looks strong and it is important we get people back sooner rather than later.”

I always thought under Gerrard that Kamaras off the ball work, particularly against Celtic, was very important to the defensive shape and he seemed to have a real understanding of what was expected from him.

In the league winning season, he was the platform that allowed Kent and Barisic to be real attacking outlets.

He made the likes of Frimpong look absolutely shite in Old Firm games with his defensive awareness.

Given his age, fitness record and ability it makes perfect sense to me that Kamara should be the main midfielder. The others; Jack - good on his day but injury prone, Davis - good on his day but ageing, Lundstram - better slightly further forward.

If Kamara wants to stay and can find the form of a year ago then I'd be happy with that as long as we add some box to box midfielders that have more to offer in and around the box.

Good to hear. Hopefully this will be the end of Lundstrum sitting in that position. We do still need upgrading in that area though.

Kamara has somehow turned into an abysmal player in the eyes of some.
He lost form and like many IMO lost trust in his manager to give him the platform to show his best.

Beale will be looking to get Kamara, Kent, Morelos and Roofe fit and firing.
Glen is easily one of our most marketable players when on form. If we can get him back to his best, even if he wants to move on we can sell him for a very handsome fee

Our midfield needs upgraded.

I’d keep Kamara and Lundstram but the like of Jack, Arfield etc have to go.

We need dynamism and goals in there

Agree with this.

I'd like us to start going with

Kamara
Tillman Lowry

With Lundstram sometimes coming in for Lowry and Lawrence rotated in when fit.

Jack, Arfield and Davis should only be backup.

so two sitting midfielders then can’t see him not playing lundstram.
You would assume it will be Lundstram on the right and Kamara on the left - they will have to cover for the full backs as they will expect the width to come from Tav and Borna / Ridvan.

he will play 4-2-3-1 i would imagine including something like this.

Kamara - Lundstram

Roofe - Tilman/Lawrence - Kent

Morelos / Colak

A lot of our support are irked by the wrong areas of the team.

I appreciate this was always a slight pipe dream, but what this does is show that the coaches had the same vision as the fans

Kent, Morelos, Skov Olsen

Kamara, Lundstram, Veerman

In theory, that was at least a vision, a theory an idea the coaches had, do people have any idea how different Kent, Kamara and Morelos would look with quality playing with them?

The issue is the likes of Wright, Sakala, Davis, Arfield and the games they so often have been able to find.

We need to retain our good players, improve them, rehab them and then give them more to work with, not drag the players who have shown they can contribute down and gut them out

Our midfield needs upgraded.

I’d keep Kamara and Lundstram but the like of Jack, Arfield etc have to go.

We need dynamism and goals in there
I think we really suffer when Jack isn't in the team. He's very vocal and does a great job of organising other players. A big reason we hardly conceded any goals when he was playing during the 55 season.

If fit I think Jack will be one of the first names on the team sheet. Gerrard said as much previously.

so two sitting midfielders then can’t see him not playing lundstram.
Genuine question, but why not? Outwith a golden period of about 3 / 4 months last season, Lundstram has been decidedly ordinary. No-one would have batted an eyelid if he'd been allowed to leave last January given his early season form and he's pretty much reverted to that this season.

Genuine question, but why not? Outwith a golden period of about 3 / 4 months last season, Lundstram has been decidedly ordinary. No-one would have batted an eyelid if he'd been allowed to leave last January given his early season form and he's pretty much reverted to that this season.

I think he was demotivated by GVB as were a few others in the team hopefully The new Manager can get Lundstram back playing to the way he was at the 2nd half on last season

The 2 'holding' midfielders is nothing new, we played with 2 under Gerrard as well. It's just under Gerrard it was set up in a different way and everyone else around them played further forward.

When pushing the 2 full backs further up and effectively turning them into wingers then it’s not necessarily the worst thing in the world as you need more cover at the back
I wonder if some of our support even watch football outwith Rangers. The best teams in world football both at club and internation level play with 2 'holding midfielders' yet some of our fans think we're the only ones that do it and do it through fear.

Real played with 3 last year and won the Champions League.

Kamara compliments a Beale style of play because he can be very quick and direct in getting the ball forward; he is also great at possessing the ball, has an acute positional sense, setting the pace of a game, and he reads a game really well. If Beale gets him back to his best then he and Lundstram with perhaps Lawrence could form a very dynamic midfield.

We need young fit players in the middle of the park if we are going be playing a high press so Kamara plus 2 others will be our midfield, Jack,Davis and Arfield will all leave next summer IMHO so we are needing to add quality and numbers in midfield to compete on all fronts .

Back