Beale planning to build his team around Kamara

Massively disagree with that. In fact I'd say he's struggled in the past to be the main man in midfield when he didn't have a Davis or Jack in there beside him. He doesn't seem to have as good a relationship with Lundstram.
I’d go as far to say if play Kamara ahead of Lundstram.

The work Kamara dies off the ball allows others to be more effective. I rate him higher than any of our midfielders and can see why Beale might build around him.

Kamara has talent and can do specific jobs in midfield but there are other parts of his game that are poor for example shooting and defence splitting passes. We most definitely should not be “building our team around” him although I haven’t read that specific quote attributed to the new Manager.

When has Kamara ever controlled a midfield? At his best he is tidy, disaplined and a good covering midfielder but he doesn't have the range of passing or bravery to control a midfield.
Many times. Remember the work he does frees others up to play, so his impact is not just by use of the ball but using himself, movement etc.

Think about old firm when he got McGregor sent off, was all down to quick movement, linking with others and playing on the front foot.

I’m a big fan of Kamara and would play him ahead of Lundstram, Davis, Jack right now.,

Last edited:
I think we really suffer when Jack isn't in the team. He's very vocal and does a great job of organising other players. A big reason we hardly conceded any goals when he was playing during the 55 season.

If fit I think Jack will be one of the first names on the team sheet. Gerrard said as much previously.

3+ years ago. He's not managed 25 games a season since 19/20.

The days of Jack, Arfield and Davis should be long gone.

Gio trying to play him as a 10 tells you all you need to know about his decision making while he was manager.

Let's be honest, Glenn Kamara at his absolute best is a classy midfielder and arguably the best midfielder we have in the team. He was strolling it when he first arrived under SG and was absolutely phenomenal in the 55 season.

Like many other key players in the squad, he's been far from his best this season.

If Beale can get him back to anywhere close to his best, then we should absolutely be building a team around him IMO.

I think Glen and Ryan Jack knew their role of covering the full backs attacking, no offence to Lundstrum, but he wasn’t steeped in the style that Jack and Glen were, so he did the normal thing of plugging gaps as they appeared.
If we return to the Beale shape in defence, we will have a more solid base to start from, injuries allowing.

Glen as the 6, Lundstrum the 8, and Tilman (or Hagi, even better) as the 10 is quite a good midfield combo potentially.

Kamara doesn’t just turn into a bad player, it just be very difficult to motivate yourself when you know you can contribute more but you’re essentially not being allowed to.
Hopefully MB can get him back firing and it really will be like a new signing.
Kamara and Lowry could be a very intelligent footballing partnership

Reactions: TQ3
Kamara’s effort levels since his 2 pals left have been disgraceful.
I'd normally agree but there have been mitigating factors. GvB clearly didn't fancy him and forgetting about his 2 pals leaving for a moment, he lost his own transfer to Nice. A move he was only making because the Rangers manager wouldn't play him.

Mentality is a massive thing in the make up of how a player performs and I for one am not surprised his head has been scrambled. I very much doubt it's been lack of effort, he has been used very sparingly and mostly deployed in a position with instructions that doesn't suit him.

At no point did he say what the headline said (classic s*n nonsense) & he's played for Dundee, Finland & under Gerrard in a left-sided 6/8 (or energiser in Beale's role names) yet it was the last position Gio seemed to want him to play, get him back there & he'll get back in-form.

Our midfield needs upgraded.

I’d keep Kamara and Lundstram but the like of Jack, Arfield etc have to go.

We need dynamism and goals in there
Better find some Scottish midfielders to replace them then or our European squad is going to be about 15 players and the under 18s.

Think he has a lot of making up to do in the eyes of many fans as well rightly or wrongly
He actually doesn’t? It was fairly obvious Gio didn’t rate him and that made him pist off.

Gio is a very likeable person but whatever was going on behind the scenes at Ibrox wasn’t right and it was clear as day if you to a walk round the place and spoke to the staff

He actually doesn’t? It was fairly obvious Gio didn’t rate him and that made him pist off.

Gio is a very likeable person but whatever was going on behind the scenes at Ibrox wasn’t right and it was clear as day if you to a walk round the place and spoke to the staff
So players should just get to pick and choose when they perform?

He did exactly the same with Dundee.

Our midfield needs upgraded.

I’d keep Kamara and Lundstram but the like of Jack, Arfield etc have to go.

We need dynamism and goals in there
Arfields a good cheap option to have in the squad when something different is required, he’s still young enough to be valuable for at least another season as a squad player

How do you perform when you don’t know what your job is.

He was deployed as an attacking midfielder ffs
He’s been deployed all over the midfield and has had some truly awful performances.

Remember he plays further forward for Finland as well, He wasn’t happy so he chucked it not the kind of player we should be keeping around.

He’s been deployed all over the midfield and has had some truly awful performances.

Remember he plays further forward for Finland as well, He wasn’t happy so he chucked it not the kind of player we should be keeping around.
Phone Beale and get it arranged then

I've said it many times on here - the GVB reign can almost be summed up by his treatment of Glen Kamara

Kamara was made the scapegoat of several poor tactical choices made by GVB and IMO will flourish under Beale .

This makes sense to me. Kamara, on his game and motivated, is a talent that we can build the team around. He’s underperformed massively this season, which I presume is a mix of him not being happy under Gio and not getting to play either regularly or in a role that suited him. If Beale and his coaching team can get him back to his best and wanting to be at the Clib, that would give us a huge lift.

so two sitting midfielders then can’t see him not playing lundstram.

The only time we need two sitting midfielders is against the Dhims and in Europe against teams that are better than us on paper.

Against 90% of Scottish Premiership teams it is madness to have two sitting midfielders.

They park the bus with 11 men behind the ball. Having two sitting midfielders is just voluntarily handicapping the attacking capabilities of the team.

Playing two sitting midfielders against the likes of Dundee Utd and Ross County leads to us having 80% possession but creating hardly any chances.

I trust his judgement of Kamara but Beale needs to immediately look forward and identify new players. There are a few players that have gone downhill since he was last here and I doubt they will recover despite what he might think and meet the required standards. He needs to move them on. You could argue that the players included in that are Davis, Morelos, Arfield, Jack, Roofe .

I don’t know how people don’t see Kamara’s ability. He’d absolutely stroll it for a European side at top level. He’s very suited to the modern game and if there’s one thing you could criticise Gio for it’s the mismanagement of him.

What has Lundstram done to become undroppable?
4 goals from 15 and clearly our only true voice on the park without Goldson, Davies, Jack in the team.
All whilst being off form, will always be a big player for us, looked much better as an 8 getting forward and driving more from Tillman. We also have nobody else is the main reason why he’s not getting dropped.
Our injuries are horrendous and we can’t even drop players for poor performance, that’s not accepting sub par performances but acknowledging the hole we’re in. Surely everyone can see that?
Be interesting to see Kamara as a 6 and dictating play with more pace than a Davis or JL. If we go a flat 3 again like Gerrard at Rangers and Villa I’ll be very underwhelmed

So what happens if he starts playing very well again and Beale plays him every game.

Are you just not going to forgive him, and sit raging every time his name is mentioned?
He’s got a contract a long and lucrative one so obviously i will need to get behind him if that’s what Beale decides.

I also have no doubt he will come back on to a game but he shouldn’t be picking and choosing when he plays and when he doesn’t.

Kent’s form dropped off a cliff but he was always available and put in effort.

Kamara and Alfie have been more than poor for best part of 12 months .that’s when they have been available.

That’s where character comes in to it and for me both of them should be off.

This is what my fears are with Beale.

tnaf83pavtv71.png

Some new modern terms for folk to get used to, he's not a defensive midfielder, he's an energizer or maybe a spider in the web.

I'm looking forward to him getting his Mojo back and will know it's back when he makes his one and it is only one suicidal pass in our defensive third.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Genuine question, but why not? Outwith a golden period of about 3 / 4 months last season, Lundstram has been decidedly ordinary. No-one would have batted an eyelid if he'd been allowed to leave last January given his early season form and he's pretty much reverted to that this season.
Have you watched Kamara for the past 12 months? Leipzig aside he’s been woeful.

Kamara was a a fantastic player. He just needs used correctly.

Gio tried to turn him into something he’s not (a midfielder playing high up the pitch in an attacking sense)

I know he might play a more advanced role for Finland but they are not exactly blessed with players tearing it up on the international stage.

Hopefully MB sees a role for Alex Lowry…

It amazes me the clamour for Lowry. By all accounts, he’s not been performing well for the B team (pre and post injury) but folk want him in the first team.

No doubt there’s potential there, but he needs to be turning in consistent performances for the B team before we start to consider him as a serious option for the first team.

Back