Beale planning to build his team around Kamara

The big question is what went wrong?

Was it the players? Was it Gio? Was it …? We don‘t really know but we will soon find out. Kamala, on form, might rediscover that sparkle under Beale and if he does we can draw our conclusions

Quite right. Kamara has the ability to control a midfield and GVB coached it out of him.

He would be one of first names on my team sheet.
Like him or don't, but at least be honest, Kamara has never in his puff controlled a midfield. He's just not that type of player and never has been.

On his game he's full of energy, comfortable 1-on-1 and recycles possession, but he's much better beside a Davis or Jack who genuinely know how to control a game.

This will probably turn out to be a terrible prediction but I have a feeling Beale’s system will turn Sands into a player.

This will probably turn out to be a terrible prediction but I have a feeling Beale’s system will turn Sands into a player.
Sands is already a player. Pair him with players such as Glen Kamara and we will start to dominate teams through footballing ability. This is what I hope will be MBs legacy. He is a footballing man and will put players in the right positions which will benefit our club immensely. GK will shine under MB as he is a footballer. His only fault is he doesnt score enough and that is a mindset he needs to deal with because other than that he is a fantastic football player.

I'd normally agree but there have been mitigating factors. GvB clearly didn't fancy him and forgetting about his 2 pals leaving for a moment, he lost his own transfer to Nice. A move he was only making because the Rangers manager wouldn't play him.

Mentality is a massive thing in the make up of how a player performs and I for one am not surprised his head has been scrambled. I very much doubt it's been lack of effort, he has been used very sparingly and mostly deployed in a position with instructions that doesn't suit him.

The manager wouldn't play him and had to haul him off at half time because in an old firm match he was refusing to track back, gently jogging while his man ran off him and scored and in other games looked like he wanted to be anywhere but playing for Rangers, this was before his pals left and before Gio finally, and quite rightly, lost patience with him and his half arsed performances and effort.

If Beale thinks he can hang his hat on players like Kamara, and others in that squad who have been losers since for all bar 1 of there seasons, then he is on a hiding to nothing and it is his own fault when they let him down like they let him and Gerrard down countless times and Gio.

Like him or don't, but at least be honest, Kamara has never in his puff controlled a midfield. He's just not that type of player and never has been.

On his game he's full of energy, comfortable 1-on-1 and recycles possession, but he's much better beside a Davis or Jack who genuinely know how to control a game.
I can’t fucked with this. I hold my opinion everyone else has there’s, at the end of the day it doesn’t matter!

Good player, just not aggressive enough for me, with and without the ball.
Only time he lost his temper was when he was racially abused (quite right to lose his temper), but has he never been kicked, elbowed, tripped to get him raging?

The manager wouldn't play him and had to haul him off at half time because in an old firm match he was refusing to track back, gently jogging while his man ran off him and scored and in other games looked like he wanted to be anywhere but playing for Rangers, this was before his pals left and before Gio finally, and quite rightly, lost patience with him and his half arsed performances and effort.

If Beale thinks he can hang his hat on players like Kamara, and others in that squad who have been losers since for all bar 1 of there seasons, then he is on a hiding to nothing and it is his own fault when they let him down like they let him and Gerrard down countless times and Gio.
Does Kamara have credit in the bank in your opinion?
He does for me. I'd like to believe that the example you have raised, and there may be others, are by far and away the exception.

Kamara does not strike me as the type to purposely phone it in, he's a confidence player, an arm round the shoulder type. He's probably been feeling a wee bit sorry for himself but who in here hasn't felt like that in some point in there life.

The mental aspect of footballers is huge to how they perform, I'm more than ready to cut the guy some slack hopefully your opinion is in the minority.

I’m hoping we will see the previous version of Kamara when Beale was our coach under SG. He is an asset to the team if and I stress if played correctly as unfortunately Gio didn’t understand or utilise correctly and we all saw the player’s frustration with Gio at full time against St Mirren. I’m also pleased that Beale has very early recognised the worth of including the likes of Lowry and McCann into the first team training. These players are our future and I would expect the likes of Jack, Arfield and David will feature less under his tenure going forward.

I’m hoping we will see the previous version of Kamara when Beale was our coach under SG. He is an asset to the team if and I stress if played correctly as unfortunately Gio didn’t understand or utilise correctly and we all saw the player’s frustration with Gio at full time against St Mirren. I’m also pleased that Beale has very early recognised the worth of including the likes of Lowry and McCann into the first team training. These players are our future and I would expect the likes of Jack, Arfield and David will feature less under his tenure going forward.

Lowry and McCann are both in the first team now, they were promoted this year. Lowry was only with the b-team as he was playing with them to get fitness.

He's just won Finnish player of the year:

In fairness, if I could tie my football boot laces without putting my back out, even at 50, I would be in with a shout of Finniplayer of the year.

Kamara used properly is a very tidy midfielder. Beales ball retaining midfield 3 gets the best out of him. He will become a big player again in Beales team & set up

not sure i wouldd trust kamara enough to build a team around-cracking player but prone dissapear in some games

Excellent. Kamara is our best and most competent midfielder. Gio just didn't know how to get him to work in the team.

Lowry and McCann are both in the first team now, they were promoted this year. Lowry was only with the b-team as he was playing with them to get fitness.
Yes you are absolutely correct as I do remember Gio promoting them into the 1st team squad under his underwhelming watch, however, I do feel like many bears that this was purely a token gesture on Gio’s part and one of his many soundbites and in reality he would have persisted with the old guard in midfield even if they were free of injuries etc. I’m hoping that Beale’s judgement on the current player squad will be more alligned to our support.

I know there's a certain romance around Glenn Kamara, mostly around his 50k price tag. The reality is that he hasn't kicked his own arse in a couple of seasons, save parts of games (yes, just parts of games) in the Europa run. The goal versus Leipzig was great, but individually it didn't make up for so many half-hearted displays over that time. If anybody offered money for him, I'd take it.

I said on here during the 21/22 season, when everyone was suggesting he was a 10-15m player, prove me wrong Glenn, he hasn't.

I long suspected Kamara was 99% going to Nice and the deal fell through at the last moment when Nice either tried to change the structure or amount of the fee payable and Rangers said 'No thanks'. From them on hes had zero interest and even less effort applied in matches.

A situation like that really would need the Coach to talk to the player 121 and make some sort of suggestion about giving the team everything for the next 6months or so then seeing what would happen in the Summer. I think Beale could have such a conversation, I doubt GVB would even try it.

Im not fussed who Beale bases his Team around between now and the season end just as long as its difference to what we've seen up till now. Theres little to play with or for so he may as well roll the dice on the players who are at least capable.

Kamara is a super player when hes on his game and his ability to retain the ball essential for a Rangers in both tight games and those where they hold massive possession advantages.

No brainer for me to give him a run in the team, as a key midfield component.

Our midfield needs upgraded.

I’d keep Kamara and Lundstram but the like of Jack, Arfield etc have to go.

We need dynamism and goals in there
One word that describes perfectly what we need "dynamism". I'm not sure I agree with you about Jack and Arfield. Jack is still a player I hope can get over his injuries and become the player we know he can be. Arfield is still a handy player to bring on when needed. I would hang on to him for now and maybe let him go at the end of the season.

This was always my fear when Beale was unveiled as manager. It looks to me he has been told to go with what we've got when in reality we need a complete restructure.

The restructure should have started with Ross Wilson being replaced with a strong manager given free reign over a complete rebuild.

Do not be surprised if the likes of Arfield and Jack are given extensions at the end of the season.
Jesus christ the nightmare scenario,i hope your post is completly wrong.

Jesus christ the nightmare scenario,i hope your post is completly wrong.

His post is wrong, Beale said himself he wants a chance to work with the players and assess whats needed.

Guessing what may have been said behind closed doors and then somehow turning that in to reality is follow follow at it’s best.

New keeper

Tav
Goldson
Davies
Yilmaz

New CM to cover Tav
Kamara to cover Yilmaz

New right mid
Kent

Tillman off Morelos

This is the way I see us setting up for the rest of the season

I think you are right mate, I see the 2 No 10’s being far more narrow (Hagi, Lawrence, Kent, Lowry etc).

We should see a return to normality with Tav and i’m looking forward to what Yilmaz will bring.

Will also be interesting to see who is midfield 3 will be.

I'm missing the bit where Beale says he's building the team around him.
Yea that's the 'journalist' spin on the interview

Beale clearly stated he is still in the assessment stage with the entire squad - part of that being a player's attitude and desire to stay.

I think Kamara will be off, potentially in January. At best Beale might be able to marginslly increase his value between Jan and May

I do think we need a new outlook to the team, being more centralised rather than trying constantly to play to the wings. Don’t know if Kamara should be the player that the team is built around though. Jack would be my preference and if his injury woes are behind him would put our team up a good few levels.

I must have must have missed something when Kamara
I know there's a certain romance around Glenn Kamara, mostly around his 50k price tag. The reality is that he hasn't kicked his own arse in a couple of seasons, save parts of games (yes, just parts of games) in the Europa run. The goal versus Leipzig was great, but individually it didn't make up for so many half-hearted displays over that time. If anybody offered money for him, I'd take it.

I said on here during the 21/22 season, when everyone was suggesting he was a 10-15m player, prove me wrong Glenn, he hasn't.
Iam amazed that the vast majority of supporters can't see this,time will tell , hope iam wrong.

If we build a team around a single player then surely we do it around a central midfielder who can dictate the tempo of a game. Much as I thought - and continue to think - that he was a narky wee b'stard a lot of the time, I can fully appreciate why wee Dick built his team around Barry Ferguson. Where we get one of those or a young Steve Davis for that matter is the big and expensive question.

Difficult to tell until we see him play under Beale. One of the players that has been underperforming under GVB but like others he will get his chance to show if he can contribute under a new system. Let’s wait and see. Excited about the Hibs game to see the team get their attacking mojo back.

Would rather he played his way back into form & some value for selling in summer.

We need dynamic midfielders & we currently have none.

I wonder if he will go back to a 4321 with 2 10’s. It means the midfield go through a power of work, the 2 8’s used to defend against the full backs but it used to work and allowed our creative players more freedom.

I'll take the hit.

MICHAEL BEALE aims to re-establish Glen Kamara as a big player for Rangers.

The Finnish midfielder became a bit-part fringe man under Giovanni van Bronckhorst.

But new Light Blues boss Beale is a huge fan of the playmaker and vowed to build his team around him.

He said: “He’s got to be happy, hasn’t he, playing his football.

“And certainly at this moment in time he probably wouldn’t be happy being in and out the team. No footballer ever is.

“I think he has always conducted himself very well. The boy I know is a very mild-mannered boy.
“Neil Banfield had him for a number of years through the Arsenal academy and I worked with Glen for three and a half years.

“If we can’t help then I’m not sure anyone can, in a Rangers shirt.

“I’m quite fiery and Neil is quite fiery so Glen already knows what he’s going to get from us. No, that’s tongue in cheek.

“Glen has got 100 per cent of my trust. He was hugely important in my previous time here and while he’s still young, he’s coming into the prime of his career. He will be a big player for Rangers moving forward.

“Glen was recruited for a style that suited Glen. When new managers come in they try things out, which is none of my business, to be honest.

“My business is now and getting the best out of Glen today.”

Beale also vowed to lift the mood within the Rangers squad.

He added: “I am trying to remove one or two clouds. In this football club, when you don’t get good results the pressure does different things to different people.

“I am trying to change the mindset, change the energy around it.

“In terms of players, I don’t want to go into specifics right now. But what I would say is that everyone is chomping at the bit to get back.

“We have been having meetings with the players so the injured players can sit in on that.

“I think once everyone is fit and available our squad looks strong and it is important we get people back sooner rather than later.”
He’s no Finnish, he’s only 27

I’d keep Kamara until the summer and just play him most weeks in the hope of him regaining form.

His stock is so low the fee we’d get would be a pittance, letting him stay under a coach who knows him very well and could probably get his value up by a couple of £m at least is a risk worth taking in my view.

Good to hear. Hopefully this will be the end of Lundstrum sitting in that position. We do still need upgrading in that area though.
Hope so. Lundstram is best playing slightly further forward. More of a ball winner all over the pitch. But not someone who all the play should be built through

So what happens if he starts playing very well again and Beale plays him every game.

Are you just not going to forgive him, and sit raging every time his name is mentioned?

I remember all the posters on here who swore they wouldn’t celebrate a goal scored by Kenny Miller in his second term!

Back