Manager on transfer targets for January

Wonder if he's already getting the wrong vibe from some in the squad, it wouldn't surprise me.
It wouldn’t surprise me if he had rough idea who he’d be getting rid of before he even came through the door mate. I think he’s gonna be ruthless this time round. He needs to be for the sake of his job. The squad definitely needs a refresh.

Support means get behind your team. As supporters that is supposed to be our job. We brag about being the best supporters in the world. That doesn’t just mean on the terraces, that means on the streets, in the pubs, on forums. Beale not even played one game, who says he can’t get a tune out of some of these players that everyone wants rid of ? FFS let’s wait and give these guys a chance….and get behind them
Consider this, maybe a 21 year old kid is low on confidence coz every time he makes a mistake he gets slaughtered from the stands or gets abuse on social media from his own fans…week after week.

All noise as far as I'm concerned let's see if we do properly invest in January I have my doubts same goes for next summer and I don't trust Wilson or our recruitment strategy.

If we are serious then we invest in at least 2 or 3 quality players in January add one or two quality bosmans to supplement the rebuild next summer which again requires serious finds I'm not getting my hopes up let's see what happens.

If we go down the bargain basement cheap route then expect more mediocre dross coming in which has been our go to option for several windows.
The realistic January market is far more limited in quality than the summer one. Clubs would need to be really tempted financially to part with their best assets so I wouldn’t hold my breathe for something major happening when it seems clear that we don’t have a massive budget.
Despite what some people seem to believe, the board backed Gio last summer- it’s what was bought that has been the problem.

Have you watched him play?

He has the swagger of a world cup winner, not a 20 year old trying to make it. IMO he thinks he's above us, thats just my opinion and not factual.
I wouldn’t say that’s an attitude issue mate, more of a mentality one.

Plenty of players have that type of swagger especially young players.

Yeah look at Barisic, took a while to get going at first when he signed and a lot of fans just won’t forget this, even after his performances when we won the league and our European games. As soon as he has a few bad performances it’s the “heart of a mouse” chat again and we need to get rid.

Tav still gets it from the same people as he did 6 years ago. It's pathetic

I said before Beale was appointed, some of the attraction of the board will be what he had done at QPR

Signing 3 players on loan and 5 free transfers stood him in good stead with the board

He has his work cut out clearing that squad out with what he will have, hence why he will be keen to keep some players there that the majority of fans think should be gone

Not a criticism at all of him btw, just the situation he will find himself in

Was just about to post the same, he's being pilloried because he asked his boss a question. Apparently he's an arrogant prick who needs 'kicked into touch' for it. Lunacy.

This is why 'clean slates' don't exist in football and even if he turns his career around at Ibrox, certain people will wait for a dip in form to batter into him again.

The bolded part was well documented before he came to Ibrox tbf.

In any case, I doubt anyone is touching his wages on a loan deal.

What is this rule? Pay less compensation if they are out of contract?

Yeah.

Taking Aribo as an example. We paid Charlton £300,000.

If he went to Brentford, as Bowyer seemed desperate for, they would needed to have paid around £5/6m for him.

Completely agree, although Kent probably has 6 months under Beale to earn a new contract rather than be offered one.

If he fails to sign and thinks the grass is greener then, it's career suicide IMO. He'll never be at a bigger club than he is right now.
I think it’s probably best he goes unless he comes back absolutely flying here. His output is waning and he’s being constantly compared to their left winger who is doing far more and sees resentment grow.

I don't get this lazy half hearted attitude from players. They have short careers, make decent money compared to the rest of society, while doing something they love. There is plenty of time left after their career finishes to muck about.

I think it’s probably best he goes unless he comes back absolutely flying here. His output is waning and he’s being constantly compared to their left winger who is doing far more and sees resentment grow.

Hopefully Beale gets Kent back to playing more centrally and further forward so he’s in dangerous positions.

He’s not effective when he’s getting the ball 50 yards from goal on the left touchline.

Teams were petrified of Kent for a couple of years when he attacked the box and was a menace in the final third. That just disappeared on Gio’s system hence his 4 goals in 60 games or wherever it is.

Not sure Kent will ever deliver the sort of goal return Jota and Abada do.

He's just not a goalscoring forward. Never has been.

Good to hear. I genuinely believe that Beale won't sacrifice his success at Rangers on covering for players who aren't fully invested.
I also think that after the players chucking it under GVB, at least to an extent anyway - the board and Wilson will be less likely to stand up for them.

I think certain players will have their card marked already even.

The bolded part was well documented before he came to Ibrox tbf.

In any case, I doubt anyone is touching his wages on a loan deal.

Arrogance and footballing ability go hand in hand. I wouldn't be stunned if Beale was able to harness that, Matondo has ability. Clearly he lacks a lot in other areas though.

Beale also said he was aware of everyone we'd signed, because they were players we'd tracked during his time at the club before Gio arrived.

Have you watched him play?

He has the swagger of a world cup winner, not a 20 year old trying to make it. IMO he thinks he's above us, thats just my opinion and not factual.

I can't buy into that bud. The kid was nearly greeting in post match interviews and couldn't keep the smile off his face after being interviewed when scoring or playing well.

I think he thinks he's a good player. Possible didn't see eye to eye with Gio. But never got the impression he was a Billy Big Baws.

Support means get behind your team. As supporters that is supposed to be our job. We brag about being the best supporters in the world. That doesn’t just mean on the terraces, that means on the streets, in the pubs, on forums. Beale not even played one game, who says he can’t get a tune out of some of these players that everyone wants rid of ? FFS let’s wait and give these guys a chance….and get behind them
Consider this, maybe a 21 year old kid is low on confidence coz every time he makes a mistake he gets slaughtered from the stands or gets abuse on social media from his own fans…week after week.
Great post.

Hopefully Beale gets Kent back to playing more centrally and further forward so he’s in dangerous positions.

He’s not effective when he’s getting the ball 50 yards from goal on the left touchline.

Teams were petrified of Kent for a couple of years when he attacked the box and was a menace in the final third. That just disappeared on Gio’s system hence his 4 goals in 60 games or wherever it is.
That's all very well but even when he was in that different role his stats and end product were still lacking.

The 55 season was probably his best consistent season but the problem remains he doesn't score anywhere near enough goals all our wide attackers have the same issue not just Kent.

Except in his previous role we did spend 7m on Kent.

I’m a bit worried that the rhetoric still seems to evolve around scouting unkowns in the hope that we can polish a gem, as this isn’t going to see us compete in the short term .
This is the boards strategy and Beale will support it like Gio did.

This is the boards strategy and Beale will support it like Gio did.

I genuinely don't understand, how we are 5 years down the road and people still don't understand this exactly what the club is aspiring to. We will continue to take chances on young players with it all to prove because that's where we are as a club.

We don't buy 'ready made' because it's expensive and players of that calibre, often don't want to play in Scotland. When we try to buy these types of players we face stiff competition. Look at Fulgini, he chose a midtable BuLi side over us because he felt it was the better career move for him.

|

Massengo, Semenyo, Willock, McBurnie and Cooper could all be options if he is talking about the cross border market
Chuba Akpom, Boro, looks terrific on youtube, 27 aggressive centre needs to find right club and thats us.

Have you watched him? Stoats about as if he's down the park with his mates. Goes through spells in games he looks brilliant but then goes back to looking lazy and uninterested within 5 minutes
He doesn't press and his off the ball work is atrocious that won't work in Beale's system/style of play.

Can see him being fazed out and sent back to Bayern in the summer.

|

Massengo, Semenyo, Willock, McBurnie and Cooper could all be options if he is talking about the cross border market
Three out four mentioned would sign not sure about McBurnie
Max power ? Where we not interested in him last summer
Jake Cooper would be really good signing
Kyle Bartley is on list ?

Last edited:
Tillman has natural talent that cannot be taught. His potential is through the roof. Even now he scores and creates wonderful goals. The tracking back and marking elements of the game can be taught. IMHO he is the most creative member of our team currently. Even if the ugly side of the game is lacking in him, we have had precocious talents down the years that were similar when fully developed. Tillman has the talent, it needs polished but he has it.

Have we seen anything to suggest that Tillman has attitude issues?
AlthoughTillman appears in flashes,I still think he is a lazy bastard. I also have a question mark over his fitness as he seems to be blowing out his arse after half an hour. Maybe Beale can get the fitness back they once had.

I’m guessing he’s calling out Alfredo, possibly Kent but he’s already mentioned him positively in terms of his relationship with him and how he could potentially get the best out of him again.

He’s already spoken about Kamara too and building a team around him, so I’m guessing Morelos is the target here. If Kent’s had his head turned by his agent then I guess he will want to leave too. Let’s wait and see what happens.

Three out four mentioned would sign not sure about McBurnie
Max power ? Where we not interested in him last summer
Jake Cooper would be really good signing
Kyle Bartley is on list ?
Can see us looking at Cooper, McLean, Willock, Semenyo.

Cooper is a strong left sided CB previously linked.

McLean for the home grown quota/squad previously linked.

Willock can play on either flank has good stats for a wide player bit of potential there and Beale will know him well.

Semenyo has pace, power and is a hard working striker has previously played as a wide left sided forward quite a few clubs linked with him but he is the type of player we could bring in develop and flip for a big profit later down the line.

It doesn’t bother me that Matondo asked a question in training. It bothers me that he’s absolutely pish and looks to have zero skill set or game awareness whatsoever.

Good to hear. I genuinely believe that Beale won't sacrifice his success at Rangers on covering for players who aren't fully invested.
If he’s big enough and bold enough to take on such a massive position in the first place, he will be more than capable of making those decisions in my opinion. Whether it’s Morelos, Kent, or less experienced guys like Sands or King he will probably try to get the standards expected across to them.

Morelos and Kent should already know full well.

Can see us looking at Cooper, McLean, Willock, Semenyo.

Cooper is a strong left sided CB previously linked.

McLean for the home grown quota/squad previously linked.

Willock can play on either flank has good stats for a wide player bit of potential there and Beale will know him well.

Semenyo has pace, power and is a hard working striker has previously played as a wide left sided forward quite a few clubs linked with him but he is the type of player we could bring in develop and flip for a big profit later down the line.

McLean signed a new three year deal last week.

Cooper would be a no brainer for me. Left sided, rarely misses a game, goal threat, previously wanted by Gerrard and Beale.

I'm not convinced Ben Davies has the durability or robustness required for the number of games we play each season.

It’s a mentality issue. He’s a young player who came through a youth system where he can play at the speed your talking about.
If he's able to turn it on in spells and knows the standards required at rangers but chooses to drift out of games and be lazy then for me that's attitude. If he wanted to he could dominate games for large spells, he has the ability but he doesn't want to go and bust a gut.

I can see a few Aribo, Bassey type signings under Beale and it's the right thing to do.
I wonder if the Brazilian market will open up to us, I'm thinking emerging talents obviously.
This time last year, if you replace Brazilian with Dutch, that something we thought would happen.
I think Michael has been away too long now.

Pleasantly surprised by Beale. I wrongly thought he'd be viewed as a mate by the players but he isn't fucking about. Encouraging stuff.
He's said that he never had that sort of relationship with them. Very close, yes, but he was always the drill sergeant whereas McAllister was the arm round the shoulder pally pally type.

McLean signed a new three year deal last week.

Cooper would be a no brainer for me. Left sided, rarely misses a game, goal threat, previously wanted by Gerrard and Beale.

I'm not convinced Ben Davies has the durability or robustness required for the number of games we play each season.
Doesn't look like a £4 million defender wouldn't be surprised if we tried and moved him on at some stage.

We need upgrades in that backline and physicality.

Back