AGM today

It’s ok we made money on Bacuna and King made the squad value up.

Does Wilson honestly think we are all stupid?

As for Parks reply he’s not interested in pushing the boat out for us to win trophies they are hoping Beale is going to be a miracle worker .
King said at the time Wilson came up with those figures. Not once did the dwarf clarify them but now things are going badly he’ll gladly distance himself from it. I wanted to follow up with him on a couple of points but time ran out due to the sheer number of idiots there are in the support.

Hope updates were clear from me. Hard typing and listening at same time.

Around 6 folk wanting to ask questions when it was wrapped up. Annoyed Australian friendly wasn’t brought up
Thanks for doing it!

Agreed on the friendly. There’s no chance the support will ever be organised enough to coordinate questions. Davie Edgar was right that the “big issues” with the longest threads on here or twitter etc aren’t what every fan cares about.

I swear to god, those questions on getting in during covid, sitting together at Hampden and the Albion are forced on us because the club deliberately don’t have a good contact us/complaints system :)) they’re at it :shh:

And, is it just me, or is the time allocated for questions getting shorter year on year?

Club trained players over the age of 21 is our biggest issue it's the reason why Mcgregor will have been kept on this season meaning funds could be spent elsewhere instead of registering another keeper that doesn't meet the criteria. Similar as to why Arfield got another year because he's a nation trained player. As it stands him and Jack are out of contract this season so we will need another 2 Scottish players this summer. Can only register 4 nation trained players anyway.
Let’s face it and I’m slowly coming to terms with this but we are fucking fucked and a complete shambles.

Keep McGregor on instead of signing a replacement, need a Scottish player but let players like Doig and Ferguson leave for Italy.

We have literally no forward planning or much to look forward to

And now it’s crystal clear that Beale was brought in at a cost of 1.5 million in the hope he can get Kent and Morelos out their huffs

You obviously haven’t rewatched the videos of Balogun’s performances against Malmo at Ibrox and Sparta Prague away. Awful simply doesn’t cover it. Souttar is a much better player.
Balogun had a couple of stinkers.

Souttar has yet to have a good game in a Rangers shirt. Livingston tore him apart ffs.

At Hearts, for me he was ok but no better than what we had.

Yeah I expected a 5% increase minimum, I meant on top of that

I wonder if the club came out and said we’re adding £100 onto every ST to help fund the increase whether it would be accepted by fans

Is there any proposal on how it will be funded?
Would it %^*& be accepted.
We pay plenty as as it is for a 90 minute football match.

bit in bold, which not much more isn't actually true.

Souttar played pretty often for Hearts last season and had done in a number of previous seasons, never off the treatment table is a complete exaggeration.
Ok one league game against Livingston. I'm seething.

19/20 7 league appearances
20/21 5
21/22 27
22/23 1

Looks like we have. Plants asking stupid questions wasting time. Unbelievable
That’s exactly what I think is happening and I’ve seen it happening at other AGM’s (i.e. in banking) when the Board desperately want to spend as little time as possible on the difficult questions such as executive salaries and bonuses!

Last edited:
Every single year people on here moan about the questions, FF is not and never has been a broad representation of the Rangers support and most of the shareholding who go to these meetings.

It is the one and only chance auld Jimmy in the main stand gets to question his board about topics that matter most to him, hence you get a question about a car parking situation flung in.

For what it's worth, the stocking filler question which has been pounced upon is very much relevant for somebody like Bisgrove to answer. Rangers are losing a massive revenue stream by not having these items for sale online or in shop. When we were Rangers retail we sold all manner of shite, but that shite made us 2nd only to Manchester United in the UK for retail revenues at the time. (Thanks for selling that off by the way Minty).

The question was poorly worded by whoever said it but fair play to them because the substance was correct.
Spot on HH
When we had our own retail ,not only were we second only to man u in the UK ,but I'm sure it was quoted at the time ,we were the fifth biggest in Europe in retail sales at one point.

For me the 2 main questions. that should have been asked were missed. regarding Australia and why gio held onto his job until there.he should have been gone after Liverpool hammering .

Every single year people on here moan about the questions, FF is not and never has been a broad representation of the Rangers support and most of the shareholding who go to these meetings.

It is the one and only chance auld Jimmy in the main stand gets to question his board about topics that matter most to him, hence you get a question about a car parking situation flung in.

For what it's worth, the stocking filler question which has been pounced upon is very much relevant for somebody like Bisgrove to answer. Rangers are losing a massive revenue stream by not having these items for sale online or in shop. When we were Rangers retail we sold all manner of shite, but that shite made us 2nd only to Manchester United in the UK for retail revenues at the time. (Thanks for selling that off by the way Minty).

The question was poorly worded by whoever said it but fair play to them because the substance was correct.
Good point, a poorly worded question probably, but did get to the issue of expanding revenue.

One thing which I now believe is that Beale has been brought in, in the hope he can get our current squad back to the levels of last season.

I suspect there will be limited incomings, if any, in January with the party line being “Beale is satisfied with the reaction of the players to him coming in”.

Hearing today that the club still want Morelos and Kent to stay is highly alarming, Morelos in particular.

I can get my head around Kent staying if Beale gets the old version back because he’s never been an issue in terms of attitude but the Morelos decision is utterly bizarre and a significant waste of limited resources we have.

Add in the playing down of CL money today, coupled with disabled facilities funds and ongoing legal cases and I’m now expecting to see most of this current squad still here next season and seeing most of our starting 11 being made up of players that have been here since 2019.

The "landed on a figure" answer from Robertson regarding CL pricing was a disgrace and I'm surprised its not had more comment.

It was a candid admission they could pretty much go to the high end of the scale because they knew it would sell out.

For me that is called fleecing, knowing fine well what being back in the CL meant to every one of us and milking us for all we were worth, instead of rewarding loyalty and practically saving the club during not one but 2 financial disasters.

In the context of a squad, if we had got 20-30 odd games out of Souttar given the fee and his nationality it was a totally sensible signing.

I don't get the general seethe at that addition at all.

Injuries, the majority on here saw it coming.

We've let Doig and Ferguson go whilst spending millions on a Turkish left back (that's not writing Yilmaz off, then never played him). Doig signed for £3m, Ferguson went to Bologna for a reported £3m.

If we bothered to watch Doig last season we would have seen that from October onwards he was on form. Who are we going to go for. Fleck, McArthur, Porteous, Kelly?

Here is your list (take out McLean) - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tra...d=alle&altersklasse=alle&land_id=190&yt0=Show

Here is the following summer - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tra...d=alle&altersklasse=alle&land_id=190&yt0=Show

Who improves us on the Bosman front?

Connor Barron is a signing we should be trying to make, Blaney at Hibs too. Other than that there are very few Scottish players.

Having no cheap products reduces who you can sell to, not everyone on match day will be in the position to buy a strip, also you have been that will add something along with their strip purchase.

The only thing I would have really liked asked was the decision on sydney, however I understand why they cant talk about that.

We've let Doig and Ferguson go whilst spending millions on a Turkish left back (that's not writing Yilmaz off, then never played him). Doig signed for £3m, Ferguson went to Bologna for a reported £3m.

If we bothered to watch Doig last season we would have seen that from October onwards he was on form. Who are we going to go for. Fleck, McArthur, Porteous, Kelly?

Here is your list (take out McLean) - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tra...d=alle&altersklasse=alle&land_id=190&yt0=Show

Here is the following summer - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tra...d=alle&altersklasse=alle&land_id=190&yt0=Show

Connor Barron is a signing we should be trying to make, Blaney at Hibs too. Other than that there are very few Scottish players.

Is the last part not only validating why we would then sign Souttar?

The board will look forward to our AGM’s.

A piece of piss.

Got folk worrying about a Hampden ticket and stocking fillers, when the value of our assets have finished rapidly in 24 months due to negligence at board level.
I do wonder how many of our supporters actually care deeply about the performances on the park, I think there’s a large percentage that just like to turn up as part of a routine and shrug the shoulders on occasions when we don’t win

King said at the time Wilson came up with those figures. Not once did the dwarf clarify them but now things are going badly he’ll gladly distance himself from it. I wanted to follow up with him on a couple of points but time ran out due to the sheer number of idiots there are in the support.

"Idiots in our support"? Why does this not surprise me. Try having a discussion on here.

I do wonder how many of our supporters actually care deeply about the performances on the park, I think there’s a large percentage that just like to turn up as part of a routine and shrug the shoulders on occasions when we don’t win
Agree - lots of shrugging over the shoulders at Ibrox when we were losing under Gio.

See regardless of whether king said it, or whether they were Wilson’s figures, the bottom line is the figures were fairly accurate, possibly inflated by 10/15m but they were definitely in the ball park.
If I remember correctly the figure was about £110m.
Now if we were to do the same squad estimate you’d honestly be lucky to get to £30m.

100%

weeks you can end up on a seat scramble on my bus I end up next to people who legit attend every single week and I am always taken aback by how little they even know about our squad

loads of folk go to Rangers games a lot who aren't that invested in it emotionally.

Spot on HH
When we had our own retail ,not only were we second only to man u in the UK ,but I'm sure it was quoted at the time ,we were the fifth biggest in Europe in retail sales at one point.
The RR operation under the stewardship of Nick Peel was brilliant, he had a great team both at the stadium and in the shops.

Bain walking in one day and making the lot of them redundant is one of the biggest stains in the clubs history.

All for £10m up front for JJB. Another investment masterclass from the Mint without actually spending any of his own money.

Not one normal fan I know who’s a match goer hasn’t thought most of those questions are ridiculous.

That’s your representation.

Last edited:
Regardless of who came up with the Figures our squad value has crashed through the floor under his watch.

As for the Kent and Morelos situations both should have been told that’s our top offer and if you don’t like it your on the transfer list.

Look at what the Scum are currently doing with 2 players.

We on the other hand are waiting around to see if they change their mind.

The "landed on a figure" answer from Robertson regarding CL pricing was a disgrace and I'm surprised its not had more comment.

It was a candid admission they could pretty much go to the high end of the scale because they knew it would sell out.

For me that is called fleecing, knowing fine well what being back in the CL meant to every one of us and milking us for all we were worth, instead of rewarding loyalty and practically saving the club during not one but 2 financial disasters.
This is a genuine question, how does the club achieve the aims of rewarding loyalty when the opportunity exists to maximise revenue; bearing in mind the competition we face already in transfers and wages?

We've had injuries.

We've made progress.

We cant keep everyone happy.

That seems to be the answers to anything posed.

I do feel the Senior Personnel at Rangers are out of their depth in running an operation of the level we now find ourselves at.

I dont suggest they are fake or dont care, simply that their best isnt going to be good enough.

Which kind of puts more onus on the club to bring through our own players but as we see on here as soon as they have a bad time look at the abuse they get.

We don't pay big fees for Scottish players last time we spent more than £3m on a Scottish player was Duncan Ferguson tims are the same bar Turnbull who was £3m last time they paid more than that was Scott Brown. We had 3 Scottish nation trained players signed up in the summer Souttar was the 4th you can't register more than 4 nation trained players in your squad.

Kelly and Fleck help with the club trained side over the age of 21 which we only have 1 for next season as it stands and that's Robbie McCrorie. Not that we should sign either of them.

Back