Pepsi park?

Would you allow stadium sponsorship?

• Yes

Votes: 694 78.0%
  • No

Votes: 196 22.0%

• Total voters

Bluebeard

In light of the board today appealing for finance for 1800 more seats to be installed in the stadium, I’m starting a poll on how we the fans would feel about letting a sponsor name the stadium for £1 million per season or thereabouts.

I used to be against the idea as I’m old and a traditionalist but realistically we would all call it Ibrox anyway no matter what.

For me as long as the firm was decent and global I think I’ve changed my mind and I’d happily take the money, if it was a decent amount.

What say the good people of FF?

Very much depends on the price. Did BT not pay £20m for naming rights to BT Murrayfield!?

In light of the board today appealing for finance for 1800 more seats to be installed in the stadium, I’m starting a poll on how we the fans would feel about letting a sponsor name the stadium for £1 million per season or thereabouts.

I used to be against the idea as I’m old and a traditionalist but realistically we would all call it Ibrox anyway no matter what.

For me as long as the firm was decent and global I think I’ve changed my mind and I’d happily take the money, if it was a decent amount.

I say that within reason, the naming rights to the stadium are either available or they're not.

It would go to whomever paid the most money (within reason) and its as simple as that.

The Board were looking for £4m per year and a 10 year commitment.

Obviously it seems no-one was willing to meet that price, but I suspect we would all probably accept it for that money (more than you get for winning the SPFL).

Move to new stadium never an option ?

Unfortunately playing in the spl we aren’t going to get a big sponsor like emirates or Coke. We would end up with something stupid like the black rooster stadium
We don’t just play in Scotland.

We are a top 40 European club side with an iconic stadium.

Many sponsors would be happy to take a phone call I’d imagine.

I wonder if bisgrave is scared in case he gets a bad reaction like Australia.

Very much depends on the price. Did BT not pay £20m for naming rights to BT Murrayfield!?

Yeah, £20m over 4 years, but did include shirt sponsorship. Still incredible money, especially when everyone still called it (calls it) Murrayfield.

That was a few years ago now, its still BT Murrayfield officially but not sure what they pay now.

Issue is finding a brand big enough to pay top money, while either also sponsoring Celtic or happy to p1ss of all the Rangers haters.

I’m surprised it hasn’t happened before now which makes me think it’s something that’s had been explored and deemed not worth the uproar.

100k a year would be told to bolt

5 million a year then aye go for it

We don’t just play in Scotland.

We are a top 40 European club side with an iconic stadium.

Many sponsors would be happy to take a phone call I’d imagine.

I wonder if bisgrave is scared in case he gets a bad reaction like Australia.
our shirt sponsors show the level we would attract. Im all for any sponsorship as long as its like bt murrayfield where Ibrox is still in the name

Yeah, £20m over 4 years, but did include shirt sponsorship. Still incredible money, especially when everyone still called it (calls it) Murrayfield.

That was a few years ago now, its still BT Murrayfield officially but not sure what they pay now.
This is the sort of thing I’d genuinely be ok with.

As you say, everyone still calls it Murrayfield anyway. It’s not an overly intrusive sponsorship in that sense.

Really depends on the level of brand sponsoring it for me. There are levels to it. Newcastle: Sports Direct Arsenal: Emirates. I know it’s about the highest bidder but there is also a level of dignity to be kept
With the amount of shit sponsors that we see on match days, I would be inclined to ask emirates if they want to buy the space

our shirt sponsors show the level we would attract. Im all for any sponsorship as long as its like bt murrayfield where Ibrox is still in the name
The shirt sponsor is a them and us thing.

I am that childish that I won’t wear adidas right now and have never purchase new balance, purely because they were aware of the child abuse scandal and continue to fund them.

I think £1 million is the amount I’d do it for obviously more than that the better.
Surely not! We bring in the same revenue with a couple of thousand ST sales.
2x OF games and 3x CL nights
Plus every other home game stated on BBC, Sky and newspapers as xyz Ibrox Stadium. The price has to be huge and far more than a paltry £1m surely?

Not against the idea, but I’ve always said I don’t see it being lucrative enough for either party. Don’t see that changing tbh.

I don’t think we (the fans) would flock to purchase whatever the label/brand is that we use. Everyone, including the media will just call it Ibrox anyway. And I don’t think a company who would do it will pay us enough for it.

Not sure how much gets thrown around for this, or how much we get for shirt sponsorship, but it would have to be comparable.

Depressing we are still at the stage of "appealing" for finance even if it is for a nice to have.

If the money was right - and it would need to be considerably more than £1 million - I’d help them put the signs up.

I’d still call it Ibrox.

Unfortunately playing in the spl we aren’t going to get a big sponsor like emirates or Coke. We would end up with something stupid like the black rooster stadium

The Emirates arena across from parkhead is a velodrome so I don't see why we couldn't get a sponsor like that

Really depends on the level of brand sponsoring it for me. There are levels to it. Newcastle: Sports Direct Arsenal: Emirates. I know it’s about the highest bidder but there is also a level of dignity to be kept
The Emirates is different because it was a new build, it’s always been been the Emirates and wasn’t known and loved under a previous name.

I voted No because I don’t think we would ever get the right amount of money to make it worthwhile, in this backwater anyway.

The shirt sponsor is a them and us thing.

I am that childish that I won’t wear adidas right now and have never purchase new balance, purely because they were aware of the child abuse scandal and continue to fund them.
It would be the same with a stadium sponsor, if a big company were to sponsor Ibrox or their ground then a percentage of the opposing support would possibly boycott that brand.

Could we stop spending money on sh!te players? Ben Davies £4m & 30k a week.

That's a sacking offence

Broxi is looking a bit different today.

Pepsiman_%28PS1%29_cover_art.jpg

Surely not! We bring in the same revenue with a couple of thousand ST sales.
2x OF games and 3x CL nights
Plus every other home game stated on BBC, Sky and newspapers as xyz Ibrox Stadium. The price has to be huge and far more than a paltry £1m surely?
We need to be realistic. How much a year do we get for our current shirt sponsors? We aren’t going to get more than whatever that is.

Back