AGM today

Aye basically.

No legal stuff - they probably would said they can’t discuss as it’s ongoing but someone could’ve forced them to give that response at least.

Douglas Park’s master plan for success for the next 5 years is “to win trophies”. No detail just to win trophies. Smashing.

The player trading was extremely brief. Ross Wilson’s progress with the squad is “outstanding”.

Bacuna was a good move because it made some money.

We entered into the Souttar deal “with eyes wide open” and believe that somehow we can fix his injury history.

The rest of the stuff was from dumb punters and sadly is real.

The last question was about parking.

Buckle up for more mediocrity.
All about interpretation I guess.

Personally I thought it was pretty nonsensical to ask Douglas Park for a detailed 5 year plan in a very time restricted and informal Q&A session.

Robertson said what Wilson had done behind the scenes was outstanding. Don't think he was trying to suggest every signing was a success. Perhaps going forward more detail on the behind the scenes work would be helpful, so we can all share in his appreciation!

Wilson acknowledged Bacuna hadn't worked out, the player was identified by the management team at the time as someone worth signing on a free, rubbished the figures the questioner quoted and confirmed we'd made a profit on the deal.

Sounded to me like Souttar has been brought in as a squad filler, useful when fit, but was never expected to play 60 games a season.

Other than that, I agree a number of fairly pointless questions.

That aside, it seemed to me the antagonism we see on the FF echo chamber toward Park in particular, the board in general and indeed toward Gio for that matter, is not reflected amongst the wider support, or certainly at least the shareholders amongst the wider support.

What Club 1872 want, as far as I can see, is access to board business without any restraint on them using it to attack board/club. Basically Club 1872 is worse than a waste of space.
To be fair, that's not exactly what they have said. They have claimed that the NDA would prevent them revealing information from other sources.

".... which would have had the effect of preventing us from making any public comment about Rangers and required us to report any information we received from third parties to Rangers Executives."

As I say in my post above, that would be highly unusual. I guess if they follow through on Ms Fawkes claim today that she'd be happy to reveal the correspondence then we will find out if it is true.

For what it's worth, there is plenty to criticise the RIFC PLC board for IMO. They have not earned a massive amount of confidence in their decision making of late. But they have earned my trust.

Is anyone actually satisfied with the AGM, the questions and quality thereof, the answers and satisfied the immediate future will be fruitful?

Reading some of the thread and going by what a mate who was present, it seems a bit shit and certain members of the board or paid execs just proved they aren't best in class.

I get the impression that this board of directors are happy plodding along with the odd title or cup triumph. We need change at the top ASAP, we’re going nowhere under their leadership.

I’d remove Robertson & Wilson tonight if I had my way. Sadly, I think we’re in for a few painful years.

I agree. For the first time ever I feel resigned to the fact that we're back to being also rans both on the park and off. Ibrox is a morgue and it looks like its going to get even worse but nobody seems bothered about it. The only winner is the Louden. It'll be filling up fast from half time onwards.

Whatever it is, he's shite at it, because the team on the park are shite and the contracts are a disgrace. And we've had to sack the manager he appointed with much praise.

But you keep asking people what his remit is to make him immune from criticism.

So you have no idea but you say he's the worst performer at the club, ever.

Away and stop talking shite.

Aye basically.

No legal stuff - they probably would said they can’t discuss as it’s ongoing but someone could’ve forced them to give that response at least.

Douglas Park’s master plan for success for the next 5 years is “to win trophies”. No detail just to win trophies. Smashing.(When we win trophies you will be happy)

The player trading was extremely brief. Ross Wilson’s progress with the squad is “outstanding”.(The club are making money on player trading now)

Bacuna was a good move because it made some money.( The person that asked that question quoted the wrong figures.RW just pointed out his mistake as Bucuna was a free transfer)

We entered into the Souttar deal “with eyes wide open” and believe that somehow we can fix his injury history.( think they went into this deal with closed eyes)

The rest of the stuff was from dumb punters and sadly is real.(Supporters that purchase shares are not dumb punters)

The last question was about parking.(
my reply in bracket’s
Buckle up for more mediocrity.

I feel Bennett should be chairman . He’s putting the most money in and is a strong powerful speaker. He’s the closest thing we have to a lawell. Wish he could replace Robertson as a ceo/Murray like chairman. Obviously his other commitments will stop him running the club day to day but that’s the sort of figure we need as chairman. Park should be a board member but not chairman

Was park not the interim chairman . I don’t remember him ever being confirmed officially as chairman. Seemed to just happen during the covid year

Way I see it. Well meaning guys that are way way out their depth.
You'd think ,being business men,they'd strengthen the team thus adding value to their investment. They had a chance to keep Celtic at arm's length and blew it and being honest,I didn't expect anything out of the AGM except a huge sigh of relief from Board members and for me there's still not enough football people in there and yes business men they might be,but football people,no.

Possibly but I’d be very surprised if John Bennett and George Taylor, senior investment managers with Janus Henderson and Morgan Stanley, would be happy to go down the cash box route. After all, as investment managers they expect good corporate governance. :) I’m not sure that 5 years or specific project would make a difference. Battle lines are being drawn up and that will overcome commercial logic. King, C1872 don’t need much support to kill any special resolution. Today's vote will go some way towards clarifying Kings supporters.
You may well be right. But I don’t think Club 1872 would have anywhere to go if a specific resolution for a specific project was put forward - even they couldn’t in that situation just do King’s bidding. Surely.

Fair point re the cash box and governance. But it might be a tool of last resort if Club 1872 refuse to back a specific resolution.

Park was correct to dismiss the 5 year plan question.

A stupid question that got the answer it deserved

The plan will be continued development in every department the same as every club out there.

More trophies, more money

What do people think he would say
New stadium?
Join super league?
Win champions league?

Any grandiose promises would have been dismissed with laughter and used as a stick to beat him with

In the last 5 years

Financially stable
Squad value much higher
Merchandising much better (despite the legacy issues)
Stadium improvements made
Edmiston House project
Stopped the tainted 10
European successes
Cup drought ended

Yet some people want a new board

Fucking ridiculous.
Am not sure he "dismissed" the question, more he wasn't expecting it I thought, so his response didn't sound convincing.

However I agree with you - being asked to outline a 5 year plan at a quickfire Q & A session was a little bit mischievous on the part of C1872.

That’s just wrong . No Director/ Shareholders are making money unlike a normal company
The need for a strong balance sheet is to protect the club, address FFP and encourage new investment.
Like most days on FF we’ll just need to disagree. They get a healthy return for their time, I don’t doubt they the have certain attributes but they could quite happily never speak meet or deal with the majority of the fans ever again.

So you have no idea but you say he's the worst performer at the club, ever.

Away and stop talking shite.
Have a read through your own posts for an idea of someone talking shite.

Making up absolute drivel about European quotas to excuse your heroes blundering.

Things you know nothing about but trot them out as facts.

Just watched video of AGM there.
SR is hopeless. Speaks with no authority and waffles. Stepped in to defend RW and spoke about how much work he’d done and changes he’d made to the football department. He’s never, ever to go on and actually detail any of these improvements or changes made!! Give us something ffs!

Don’t even get me started on his response to the question regarding ticket prices. Basically, he knows there’s a cost of living crisis and that the fans have more than played their part recently, but doesn’t give a f*ck. A complete imposter who needs chased.

After the second of the Club 1872 questions that JB addressed, Douglas Park actually said “I’m lost” into the Mic. Just what we all want to hear from our Chairman, he’s lost at a question regarding Director Loans.
I think you're reading a bit too much into Park's comment to John Bennett. He said he was lost because the questioner, confusingly and perhaps suddenly, ended the conversation at that point by saying that "there were other people here waiting to ask a question", as if he had a contingent with him, who had supplementary questions, rather than him meaning that he was finished with his line of questioning. It was a bit confusing at the time, and having watched the video back, this reaffirms it in my mind.

Frankly I’m much more concerned about the emerging battle between King + C1872 and the board than I am with 1 or 5 years. This could well seriously impact our progress by making funding more difficult producing a power stalemate. I think we’re all pretty pissed off with internal fighting within Rangers.
Tend to agree but we have a significant shareholder the board won't engage with and they are snipping it doesn't help. To me both are in the wrong

The 1 to 5 years is important though they and from a fan base we always need be mindfully in case we end up where we did before.

The board in place when 3 bears took over screwed us with Ashley its took years to get rid of him...... looking at Coventry just now that's what he would have done to us it's terrifying.

We should not be giving any board we have a free pass

You'd think ,being business men,they'd strengthen the team thus adding value to their investment. They had a chance to keep Celtic at arm's length and blew it and being honest,I didn't expect anything out of the AGM except a huge sigh of relief from Board members and for me there's still not enough football people in there and yes business men they might be,but football people,no.
I can sort of get the gamble to recoup some money after Covid. That's not my main gripe. Its the amateur hour PR. The non stop court appearances that we always seem to lose costing us millions. Much of which has come from their own decisions. The terrible football appointments. The non existent communication. Always seem to be reactive instead of proactive. Etc etc etc.

Park was correct to dismiss the 5 year plan question.

A stupid question that got the answer it deserved

The plan will be continued development in every department the same as every club out there.

More trophies, more money

What do people think he would say
New stadium?
Join super league?
Win champions league?

Any grandiose promises would have been dismissed with laughter and used as a stick to beat him with

In the last 5 years

Financially stable
Squad value much higher
Merchandising much better (despite the legacy issues)
Stadium improvements made
Edmiston House project
Stopped the tainted 10
European successes
Cup drought ended

Yet some people want a new board

Fucking ridiculous.
He had no answer you mean.

Am not sure he "dismissed" the question, more he wasn't expecting it I thought, so his response didn't sound convincing.

However I agree with you - being asked to outline a 5 year plan at a quickfire Q & A session was a little bit mischievous on the part of C1872.
I acrostic think they should have a 5 year plan that's obviously better but shares on website

It can be around stadium growth, fab engagement ticketing etc and they should be showing what they have done.

There obvious confidential stuff they can't share but have a 5 year plan with fan engagement goes a long way to solving some of the problems

Like most days on FF we’ll just need to disagree. They get a healthy return for their time, I don’t doubt they the have certain attributes but they could quite happily never speak meet or deal with the majority of the fans ever again.
Ok, so what healthy return do they get for their time?

I can sort of get the gamble to recoup some money after Covid. That's not my main gripe. Its the amateur hour PR. The non stop court appearances that we always seem to lose costing us millions. Much of which has come from their own decisions. The terrible football appointments. The non existent communication. Always seem to be reactive instead of proactive. Etc etc etc.
I'd like to think that they've recouped the money after Covid,but, you say,it is lost in these crazy litigation cases and I don't think they were really questioned as to when these cases will end

Low tariff Customer Service Queries should not be put forward as questions at the AGM of a multi-million pound company.

Anyone caught asking pish like 99% of these questions should be ejected, sine die banned from any other AGM and deducted 100 MyGers points.
Every year a load of trivial shite gets asked.

Some open goals appear to have been missed.

Difficult questions should be asked and shareholders shouldn't be afraid to ask them.

You may well be right. But I don’t think Club 1872 would have anywhere to go if a specific resolution for a specific project was put forward - even they couldn’t in that situation just do King’s bidding. Surely.

Fair point re the cash box and governance. But it might be a tool of last resort if Club 1872 refuse to back a specific resolution.
If resolution 8 fails we will likely have a straight forward rights issue, under written by one or two of the current investors.

And next year any such resolution will sail through.

How does it work, you think he is lying?

I think he is trying to protect his manager and at the same time deflect from himself.

He'll be finding players and recommending them with a heavy dose of influence, he's director of football ffs. The manager might feel obligated to agree to some and Wilson can be safe in the knowledge he said 'its pure your decision but'

For example, don't tell me GvB scouted, hunted and recruited that utter dud Matondo.

This will sound harsh but I don’t mean to be. I thought SR’s response to the CL pricing question was correct. Any business prices according to supply and demand. Rangers sold at the price they felt would sell out. In Scotland we need to do that as the income isn’t coming from anywhere else.

Personally I thought it was pretty nonsensical to ask Douglas Park for a detailed 5 year plan in a very time restricted and informal Q&A session.

Robertson said what Wilson had done behind the scenes was outstanding. Don't think he was trying to suggest every signing was a success. Perhaps going forward more detail on the behind the scenes work would be helpful, so we can all share in his appreciation!

Wilson acknowledged Bacuna hadn't worked out, the player was identified by the management team at the time as someone worth signing on a free, rubbished the figures the questioner quoted and confirmed we'd made a profit on the deal.

Sounded to me like Souttar has been brought in as a squad filler, useful when fit, but was never expected to play 60 games a season.

That aside, it seemed to me the antagonism we see on the FF echo chamber toward Park in particular, the board in general and indeed toward Gio for that matter, is not reflected amongst the wider support, or certainly at least the shareholders amongst the wider support.

We see a lot of extreme viewpoints on here and there sometimes seems to be a competition to see who can out staunch other posters.

This will sound harsh but I don’t mean to be. I thought SR’s response to the CL pricing question was correct. Any business prices according to supply and demand. Rangers sold at the price they felt would sell out. In Scotland we need to do that as the income isn’t coming from anywhere else.
People are entitled to complain it was too expensive and the Board are entitled to defend it because it was obviously a value people were willing to pay. From different points of view, both are correct.

My issue isn't people moaning that it was too expensive, it's the hypocrisy of the ones that do and then complain about a "lack of investment" in the team.

My only thing for next year is why can’t it be split over 3 months . Why do the club need 180 in august so close after season ticket renewals . Why can’t it be 60 quid in September , October , November

If resolution 8 fails we will likely have a straight forward rights issue, under written by one or two of the current investors.

And next year any such resolution will sail through.
I’d be very surprised if we have a rights issue. That would require a full prospectus I think. Which would likely cost north of £500k in adviser fees alone. And a prospectus would require disclosure of a few warts - such as current and any pending litigation. So I just don’t see a rights issue happening.

Far more likely we convene a further General Meeting and put a specific proposal - to issue X number of shares to fund Y project (eg the stadium). I don’t see how Club 1872 could possibly vote against that. They hid behind their “5 years” / “unlimited shares” excuse this time but they wouldn’t be able to do that re a specific funding proposal.

Edit: there is an exemption where you can raise up to 8m euros without needing a prospectus. I still don’t see us doing a rights issue any time soon.

Last edited:
That’s all well and good but there comes a point they need to give something back considering the unwavering commitment from fans

Tens of thousands gave up refunds we were due, we sold out 45000 STs to watch on a tv screen and to top it all off the club charged ST holders to watch the “55” documentary on rangers tv

Good businesses give back to customers in terms of rewarding their custom and loyalty. Rangers don’t

It means a crackpot thought he was getting 5G'd by the New World Order when CoVid restrictions came in and tried to get into Ibrox without following the rules every club was following and got told to bolt. Now he thinks it needs shouted about at the AGM...
Cheers didn't know that

More important to you?
As pointed out, the AGM of a business is not the place to make queries about low-level customer service complaints. If you were a McDonalds shareholder you wouldn't ask their board why they didn't give you napkins at the drive thru. It is no different for Rangers. Trivial pish which should be dealt with by the relevant departments outside of an AGM clouds the issues pertinent to the success of the business which ARE more deserving of discussion in that particular forum.

I get a stiffer level of questioning than that from my clients every week on pissy little irrelevant projects. Never mind a multi million institution that means a lot to a shit load of people.

Covid passes, car parking, stocking fillers and someone's grand daughter at Hampden. FFS.
Is there an element of screening/reviewing questions?

I'd suggest no, if the Covid loonball got to have a go, but you never know.

It was a loaded question as Ms Fawkes tends to do!! The club 1872 tone of questioning I find is adversarial in nature.

It was a loaded question as Ms Fawkes tends to do!! The club 1872 tone of questioning I find is adversarial in nature.
Of course the question wasn't put forward in good faith, but Club 1872 gave warning last week that "five year plan" would be part of their rhetoric.

Frankly, given that warning, Douglas Park should have had a far, far better answer prepared than the one he gave. His flippant, insubstantial answer handed them another bullet to fire at him.

Nah. I really cant agree with that. I paid 2 season tickets i knew i may not use. All the way through Covid. Would never in a million years have considered asking for a refund. Then first chance to reward us with the highest level of football available, and all of a sudden we are simply customers again?

Its incredibly poor. You can slice it whatever way you want. Just because we would pay it, doesnt mean its right. The fans have kept this club alive since 2012. More so than any other person. We dont deserve to have the pish ripped out us during a cost of living crisis. Simply because we are loyal enough to pay exorbitant prices to see us return to the pinacle of football after more than a decade away. We are either fans or customers. They cant have it both ways.

If they hadn’t have put their own money in to cover the covid loses we wouldn’t have a team at all. I think people just expect things to be like the first 10 years of the Murray era where we didn’t give a %^*& about how much debt we we’re getting in as long as an king or a joe Lewis pumped millions in to us everything will be ok.

We need to start realising that we can’t just spend millions we don’t have and that we need to start trading within our means even if it means we don’t win the league for a few years.

And as I said in my reply to you, he (Park) will be judged by history
I believe history will judge him in two distinct parts and I believe, and hope, it will be coming sooner rather than later.

1 - The part he played in saving the club.

2 - The part he has played (along with the rest of the board) in the fortunes of the club, since winning the title in 2021. Which in my opinion equates to resting on their laurels and not building and moving forward from a position of strength.

This, again in my opinion, has seen us completely overtaken by a mob who were in total disarray at that same time and with the automatic CL riches now at stake has led us to a perilous crossroad.

That’s all well and good but there comes a point they need to give something back considering the unwavering commitment from fans

Tens of thousands gave up refunds we were due, we sold out 45000 STs to watch on a tv screen and to top it all off the club charged ST holders to watch the “55” documentary on rangers tv

Good businesses give back to customers in terms of rewarding their custom and loyalty. Rangers don’t
We did the right thing by supporting the club through Covid and from memory the club also offered refunds if requested.

I don’t think any business rewards custom and loyalty. They pretend to and dress it up that way but in reality it is subtle advertising to make more money. If Tesco say tomorrow 10% off all six packs of Peroni to celebrate England reaching the last 16 they don’t intend to lose 10% revenue they expect a flood of customers thinking they will save a fiver but actually spend an extra tenner.

Think it showed Follow Follow isn’t representative of the support in general.

The idea that when signing players in Bosman and for very low fees we will get 100% success rate is risible.

Thought it was quite a balanced meeting. Few nutters like the twat asking the Covid question but that is expected will always be a few attention seekers.

I think he is trying to protect his manager and at the same time deflect from himself.

He'll be finding players and recommending them with a heavy dose of influence, he's director of football ffs. The manager might feel obligated to agree to some and Wilson can be safe in the knowledge he said 'its pure your decision but'

For example, don't tell me GvB scouted, hunted and recruited that utter dud Matondo.
Don’t dare slag matondo or you will have hipster Dashie to answer to he likes a wee moan you see lol

Think it showed Follow Follow isn’t representative of the support in general.

The idea that when signing players in Bosman and for very low fees we will get 100% success rate is risible.

Thought it was quite a balanced meeting. Few nutters like the twat asking the Covid question but that is expected will always be a few attention seekers.
Hmmmmmmmm attention seeker you say

I’d be very surprised if we have a rights issue. That would require a full prospectus I think. Which would likely cost north of £500k in adviser fees alone. And a prospectus would require disclosure of a few warts - such as current and any pending litigation. So I just don’t see a rights issue happening.

Far more likely we convene a further General Meeting and put a specific proposal - to issue X number of shares to fund Y project (eg the stadium). I don’t see how Club 1872 could possibly vote against that. They hid behind their “5 years” / “unlimited shares” excuse this time but they wouldn’t be able to do that re a specific funding proposal.

Edit: there is an exemption where you can raise up to 8m euros without needing a prospectus. I still don’t see us doing a rights issue any time soon.
A rights issue is expensive and not ideal, but it may be the sensible option for badly needed funding soon.

Hopefully resolution 8 passes and there is no need. Not ideal for Dave King either in his quest to cash in his shares.

As a long standing contributor to C1872, I was disappointed at their direction of travel so left. Now nothing they do surprises me. I fear that without King they will become an irrelevance - so why not continue to support him?

Nah. I really cant agree with that. I paid 2 season tickets i knew i may not use. All the way through Covid. Would never in a million years have considered asking for a refund. Then first chance to reward us with the highest level of football available, and all of a sudden we are simply customers again?

Its incredibly poor. You can slice it whatever way you want. Just because we would pay it, doesnt mean its right. The fans have kept this club alive since 2012. More so than any other person. We dont deserve to have the pish ripped out us during a cost of living crisis. Simply because we are loyal enough to pay exorbitant prices to see us return to the pinacle of football after more than a decade away. We are either fans or customers. They cant have it both ways.
I honestly don’t think Rangers are in a position to say we can sell the stadium out at £xx but let’s do the fans a favour and sell it at 20% less.

No business operates like that. If Cineworld was a sell out every night they wouldn’t drop the prices for the next blockbuster as a thank you to those who had been attending for the past year. They would hike the prices to the point where they sell out again.

Back