Jim Duffy saying he has heard Porteous is signing for Rangers

uneasydaz

RYAN PORTEOUS is a name that is on the minds of both Rangers and Celtic fans for a number of reasons.

Whether it be after one of his trademark no-nonsence tackles, post-match comments or stand-out displays in the heart of the Hibs backline - he isn't far away from either either Celtic or Rangers fans' thoughts.

But the Scotland International has started a transfer frenzy after Lee Johnson confirmed that the 23-year-old had turned down a significantly improved new contract at Easter Road.

Hibs confirmed that the stopper would be moving on to pastures new, in a statement saying: "Hibernian FC can confirm that Ryan Porteous will not sign a new contract with the club.

"The 23 year-old defender, whose current contract ends in the summer of 2023, has turned down a highly-improved new deal to extend his stay with Hibs."

Porteous shone on the big stage - helping Steve Clarke and Scotland qualify for the World Cup play-offs with an imperious display against Ukraine in the last of the World Cup qualifiers at the end of September.

His displays have alerted both Celtic and Rangers supporters many of whom are clamouring for their side to pull out all the stops to bring in the defender.

Teams south of the border are also taking note of Porteous' development, with Stoke City and Sheffield United quoted with an interest.

But one SPFL boss has revealed that he has been told that the Easter Road centre-back's next move may already be signed, sealed and delivered.

Clyde boss Jim Duffy believes Porteous is going to join Rangers, with rivals Celtic set to miss out on the centre half.

The former Morton and Dumbarton boss has added fuel to the fire with the January transfer window around the corner - revealing that he's heard "through the grapevine" that Porteous is headed to Ibrox.

Speaking on Clyde Super Scoreboard Duffy interrupted a caller called Davie who was clamouring for Celtic to pull out all the stops and sign the centre half.

He said: "Not to throw cold water on Davie’s suggestion (Porteous joining Celtic) because I agree with it.

"But I have heard that there is a little bit of a suggestion that he may be going across the road to their greatest rivals.

"So, I have heard that, whether there’s that much in it but that’s something that’s in the air on the football grapevine should we say.”

Our team get accused of not being tough enough or dirty enough at times so it seems a bit like over correcting to bring in Porteous. I think his performances for Scotland suggest he has ability. The thing about scumbag footballers is most don't mind when they're wearing their shirt.
Porteous is an absolute shitbag of the highest degree. Cowardly challenges, diving all over the place. The worst of the worst. Chocolate ‘hard man’.

RYAN PORTEOUS is a name that is on the minds of both Rangers and Celtic fans for a number of reasons.

Whether it be after one of his trademark no-nonsence tackles, post-match comments or stand-out displays in the heart of the Hibs backline - he isn't far away from either either Celtic or Rangers fans' thoughts.

But the Scotland International has started a transfer frenzy after Lee Johnson confirmed that the 23-year-old had turned down a significantly improved new contract at Easter Road.

Hibs confirmed that the stopper would be moving on to pastures new, in a statement saying: "Hibernian FC can confirm that Ryan Porteous will not sign a new contract with the club.

"The 23 year-old defender, whose current contract ends in the summer of 2023, has turned down a highly-improved new deal to extend his stay with Hibs."

Porteous shone on the big stage - helping Steve Clarke and Scotland qualify for the World Cup play-offs with an imperious display against Ukraine in the last of the World Cup qualifiers at the end of September.

His displays have alerted both Celtic and Rangers supporters many of whom are clamouring for their side to pull out all the stops to bring in the defender.

Teams south of the border are also taking note of Porteous' development, with Stoke City and Sheffield United quoted with an interest.

But one SPFL boss has revealed that he has been told that the Easter Road centre-back's next move may already be signed, sealed and delivered.

Clyde boss Jim Duffy believes Porteous is going to join Rangers, with rivals Celtic set to miss out on the centre half.

The former Morton and Dumbarton boss has added fuel to the fire with the January transfer window around the corner - revealing that he's heard "through the grapevine" that Porteous is headed to Ibrox.

Speaking on Clyde Super Scoreboard Duffy interrupted a caller called Davie who was clamouring for Celtic to pull out all the stops and sign the centre half.

He said: "Not to throw cold water on Davie’s suggestion (Porteous joining Celtic) because I agree with it.

"But I have heard that there is a little bit of a suggestion that he may be going across the road to their greatest rivals.

"So, I have heard that, whether there’s that much in it but that’s something that’s in the air on the football grapevine should we say.”
The grapevine. Hardly concrete.

I’m calling codswallop on it. Ryan O’Porteous signing for Glasgow Rangers ffs. Jesus wept.

Concentration and getting dragged into stupid battles costs him, but there is definetly a player there. If we can introduce him to the guy who stopped Alfie and Jack getting sent off we could win a watch.
*Sensible cap comes off*
I fucking hate him, and he's a huge risk for an already under pressure recruitment staff. Fans will turn on him after 1 bad pass.

All in all. I can see why we would, but he has a lot of making up to do.

I couldn’t give a flying fook what people say im not even going to reply to anyone quoting me but i think he’d be a good signing

We need a bit of a nasty streak in this squad we have absolutely no one who can do that role, he’s 23 on a Free transfer and Scottish and an international so a reasonable sell on value

Say what you like about him and dont get twisted i dont like him but i think he’d enhance our squad especially domestically

I think it was made clear before and at the AGM (I lost count of the number of times) that Ross Wilson does not sign players. The last word is with the manager.
You actually believe the pish that came out that guys mouth then. Why is he always the one standing with new players when they are signed Aaron Ramsey being a prime example.

He isn’t a crap footballer.

You’re not a Scottish international player at 23 if you’re crap

Kenneth.jpg

He isn’t a crap footballer.

You’re not a Scottish international player at 23 if you’re crap.
Have you seen some of players that have got caps the last 25 years or so?
In saying that when he is concentrated he is imo a good defender. But his discipline is a red flag. As is his tendency to dive in and wonder.

Which part ? Didnt know Glassing women and trying to end players careers was what was expected of a rangers player.
Was talking from a football perspective.

Hysteria seems to be the norm on here these days, we have had a number of Women beaters on our books, some forgiven, some not.

Not sure he actually glassed a Woman , reptilian behaviour though, that would be .

There’s a player in there, but he’s a wee prick.

Maybe we need that but of steel at the back and I guess if he’s trained correctly then that player could be coaxed out.

Not to say I like him, but he wouldn’t be the worst signing to be honest.

The biggest problem is that he is a dirty wee arrogant prick, and he hates us so it doesn’t really make any sense that he would actually sign for us.

Who knows, we could be signing Liam fucking Henderson next!!

If this is the level of our scouting and player trading then we are more screwed than I thought

I have always supported a player that pulls on our jersey and I will continue to do so , but where I draw the line is the likes of Ian black and Ryan porteus

He is a red card waiting to happen , lunges in more often than not and anyone citing his international record , the guy can't disloge Grant Hanley

RW wise it's sheer lazy ness , you can't tell me with a decent set of scouts this character is the best centre half on our radar

To be fair we should be snapping up all the best from the other teams, we've always done that in previous successful periods. As much as people don't like him it's because he's got a bit about him and throws himself about. It wouldn't be the worst signing that's for sure. A few good performances and a couple of crunching tackles on opposition players and everyone will love him. Football fans are so fickle these days I reckon he would be an alright signing.

After his little piss take on camera after Gerrard left “do i look happy” he can scuttle off down to the championship and play there, added to the fact he is just not good enough to play for us and will probably end up signing for them.

Back