Jim Duffy saying he has heard Porteous is signing for Rangers

I'm unsure if this is Hibs trying to drum up interest for clubs to make an offer for him in January or Ross Wilson genuinely wants to sign him.

What makes me think it's genuine is RW saying we need Scottish players.

You don’t need to be a scout you just need to watch Scottish football.

We NEED Scottish players, not because it’d be good to have them but to operate we need to have them in the squad.

Ryan Jack, Allan McGregor and John Souttar are all either one significant injury or 6 months away from retirement. Those Scottish players need replacing.

We don’t want to spend 3m on a Josh Doig or Lewis Ferguson so Ryan Porteous or similar is what we’re left with.

Ross Wilson and co will be hoping Ferguson and Doig etc fail abroad so we can get them at a cut price. Unfortunately that’s not looking like it’s going to happen.

I’m 99% sure we will have Porteous written down somewhere as an option.
I only watch Rangers mate and i usually focus on watching our players couldn't be arsed wasting a minute of my life watching any Scottish football outside us.

Go to 1min 7 seconds in...that ain't no fucking hard man adding steel to his defence, that is a cocksocket who looked to leave one on Defoe and as a direct result of his cocksocket behaviour he gets caught flat footed to allow Aribo to wander into free space and score.

Next up, go to...5min 17seconds, hard man? Adding steel to the defence? My arse.

Last edited:
I think there is something in this but fucking hell this would be a very risky and controversial signing if it happened.

Too many negatives involved probably best we stay clear imo.

If you were around on 10th July 1989 you would have heard something very similar to what you've said (and a lot worse) when we signed a guy called Maurice Johnston. We ended up cheering him off the park on the day we won the league at the end of the following season.

There is no comparison between the players in my opinion

Ignore if you will his Celtic connections and the furore at signing him Maurice Johnston was a top class centre forward who was a very good player for us

Porteous is an out and out thug and a liability

Really shocked if this is the sort of player we would consider buying

No but he clearly likes to take the credit for players he's signed on his watch and we've sold for a profit so why does that excuse him from taking the stick on signing shite players and scum like porteous ?
Would you like to be sacked for doing what you're told?
I think you're aiming at the wrong target.
If the manager says no, there would be no parading in front of the media, taking credit.

It was an empty plastic tumbler that he flung over his shoulder. Not great or clever, but let's not go overboard.
Bad enough it went to court and was found guiltly. Glad to see you think that type of behaviour is acceptable. Guess your think his challenges against our players over the years are acceptable too then aye ?

Would you like to be sacked for doing what you're told?
I think you're aiming at the wrong target.
If the manager says no, there would be no parading in front of the media, taking credit.
If I was shite at my job then I couldn't really have many complaints could I?

Football really does make mugs out of all us. In what other environment can you hate someone so strongly, only for them to change employer and be welcomed or accepted by those who once loathed them?

Anyway - and I'm sure this has been said numerous times - I've generally no issue with signing players with whom there may be bad blood with the club, but another average Scottish footballer with an underwhelming career who's a liability both on and off the park? Nah, no thanks.

I've met Jim Duffy a couple of times and he is actually a really nice bloke.I don't think he would be saying this if there wasn't a hint of truth in it :(

There is no smoke without fire as they say and there has been a lot of noise linking us to him recently.

With our dire center back situation and Ross Wilson saying we need more homegrown Scottish players there is probably some truth in it.

You don’t need to be a scout you just need to watch Scottish football.

We NEED Scottish players, not because it’d be good to have them but to operate we need to have them in the squad.

Ryan Jack, Allan McGregor and John Souttar are all either one significant injury or 6 months away from retirement. Those Scottish players need replacing.

We don’t want to spend 3m on a Josh Doig or Lewis Ferguson so Ryan Porteous or similar is what we’re left with.

Ross Wilson and co will be hoping Ferguson and Doig etc fail abroad so we can get them at a cut price. Unfortunately that’s not looking like it’s going to happen.

I’m 99% sure we will have Porteous written down somewhere as an option.

There’s a reason Grealish cost Man City 100m, not because he’s worth that but because he’s English and there’s a premium added due to that. Homegrown players are a necessity in a European squad.
Jack grealish and ryan porteous in the same statement hahaha two arseholes all the same though.

His displays have alerted both Celtic and Rangers supporters many of whom are clamouring for their side to pull out all the stops to bring in the defender.

I don’t know about that lot, but the suggestion that 'many' Rangers supporters are clamouring for the club to pull out all the stops to sign this thug, really does stretch credibility.

His displays have alerted both Celtic and Rangers supporters many of whom are clamouring for their side to pull out all the stops to bring in the defender.

I don’t know about that lot, but the suggestion that 'many' Rangers supporters are clamouring for the club to pull out all the stops to sign this thug, really does stretch credibility.
Plenty on here already happy with us signing him.

“he isn't far away from either either scum or Rangers fans' thoughts”.

Let me stop you there Jim, I have more thoughts about the jobbies I’ve flushed than I have about that waste of skin.

Dont like the guy but maybe we need somebody like him. The scum had Broon and did not like him but he did a job for the scum and got them points in quite a few games.
Her is not a bad footballer and if handled properly might be what we need against the Well and Livi types.
Dont care if we dont get him but would give him a chance if signed.

They are going to pull miles clear of us in the next few years if these are the type of signings we make.

Shitting myself at what's to come in the transfer window.

Bad enough it went to court and was found guiltly. Glad to see you think that type of behaviour is acceptable. Guess your think his challenges against our players over the years are acceptable too then aye ?
It's not acceptable, like I already said. Were you as judgemental when it came to Gazza knocking his missus about?

Dont like the guy but maybe we need somebody like him. The scum had Broon and did not like him but he did a job for the scum and got them points in quite a few games.
Her is not a bad footballer and if handled properly might be what we need against the Well and Livi types.
Dont care if we dont get him but would give him a chance if signed.
We need good footballers, not plastic hardmen

The poster was simply stating what actually happened as you had incorrectly claimed someone had been glassed. When you hear someone has been glassed you automatically think someone has had a glass smashed over their head. That isn't what happened though, clearly.

It's not acceptable, like I already said. Were you as judgemental when it came to Gazza knocking his missus about?
I was a child at that point so it wasnt high on my priorities at that time and I can't believe I've seen another poster compare the actions of a proper footballing talent to Ryan porteous ahahaha what's happening to this place.

“No one likes us, we don’t care” is the song we sing then folk get offended when somebody doesn’t like us. He’s a Hibs fan playing for the team he supports it’s natural for him not to like us. Ad be putting the boot into every Celtic player I could if I was lucky enough to have played for Rangers. Am not a fan of is but he’d be a better and more realible signing than Souttar and he’d tic the Scottish player box, and if he 100% despised us as you say then their would be nothing to worry about as he wouldn’t sign for us then anyway. All rumours but am not completely against signing him.

It's not caring that he doesn't like us mate it's about whether he is going to commit to the cause, I think you're being naive if you think he won't sign for us just because he doesn't like us when there is money involved. As long as he gives his all that's all I care about, we don't need another ohalloran stealing a wage while half arseing it.

The poster was simply stating what actually happened as you had incorrectly claimed someone had been glassed. When you hear someone has been glassed you automatically think someone has had a glass smashed over their head. That isn't what happened though, clearly.
If you throw a glass plastic or not at someone you are attempting to glass them. He was found guilty in court so it was deemed bad enough by the justice system or should we just ignore that aswell ? He hit her with a glass I didn't once state he smashed a glass over her head if you can't read properly don't bother replying.

Back