Jim Duffy saying he has heard Porteous is signing for Rangers

Which part ? Didnt know Glassing women and trying to end players careers was what was expected of a rangers player.

Really? We have had our share of players, including legends, who have acted like complete idiots off the park, and committed some awful crimes.

But to the main point, I think it will be a non starter. He will have options and he’s quite clear on his thoughts about Rangers, I reckon he will end up down south and have an average career at best.

Perhaps its just a rouse to get them to come in at the eleventh hour and pay an over inflated price for him. He will be able to play alongside the Japanese Baresi who they have signed.

I get the feeling this is just his agent getting his name in the papers. I am no fan of the signing record of Wilson but even I don't see him looking at Porteous. He will be after a signing on fee and fairly high wages on a Bosman deal. Makes absolutely no sense for us to be interested.

Not a terrible signing. Either a free in the summer, or more likely, a few hundred grand in January.

He'd be a back-up, but he's more than capable of sitting at the back for us against teams in our league.

Now I’m not saying Porteous is the answer but we could be doing with a couple of nasty cnuts in our team. The type every other fan in scotland hates but we are ok with.

We miss a nasty streak at times, the type that remind the opponents that we can kick and snarl as well as play nice football at times

Last edited:
I couldn’t give a flying fook what people say im not even going to reply to anyone quoting me but i think he’d be a good signing

We need a bit of a nasty streak in this squad we have absolutely no one who can do that role, he’s 23 on a Free transfer and Scottish and an international so a reasonable sell on value

Say what you like about him and dont get twisted i dont like him but i think he’d enhance our squad especially domestically
Aye fair comment, never liked him when he played against us but aye we need some nasty

You actually believe the pish that came out that guys mouth then. Why is he always the one standing with new players when they are signed Aaron Ramsey being a prime example.
Yes. It’s his job to arrange the deal, sort the paperwork, liaise with agents and other clubs, but the final decision is not his.
Are you saying he randomly decides on his own to go out and sign a player and just present him to the manager?

Now I’m not saying Porteous is the answer but we could be doing with a couple of nasty cnuts in out team. The type every other fan in scotland hates but we are ok with.

We miss a nasty streak at times, the type that remind the opponents that we can kick and snarl as well as play nice football at times
Our team is far too nice and nowhere near as physical as it should be.

For me he’s good enough. If he wants to play for Rangers and we get him for nothing then all is forgiven as far as I’m concerned.

His positional sense is terrible he's missing for lots of goals Hibs concede
Maybe playing with better players and working with better coaches will bring him on.

Just an example here, look at Cardoso when he was at us. He didn't look a great player and now he's playing regularly for Porto and also in the Champions League.

Unfortunately we're going to have to take a chance on some of these Scottish players due to the quota needed for European competitions.

If the aim is to always be improving the team then we need to buy players who are better or show enough promise to be better than those that we currently have.

Goldson for example gets plenty of stick, but at no point in time has Porteous been remotely on his level nor imo does he have the potential to be.

He is routinely dragged out of position, eliminated by either diving in or by quick passing. He then has a serious aggression problem that at a higher level will cost him.

I don't think he is terrible but for me he is certainly not a player who I see at the heart of a successful Rangers defence.

His baggage is a whole other issue and reason to not touch him.

If he does sign we’ll need to bookmark this thread :))

The type of player you hate until he’s on your side. Think he could do a job for us, wouldn’t say no to getting him on a free

I think there is a player in there if he just cuts out all the crap of trying to be a kid on hard man ,wouldnt be the worse signing on a free

Utter c@nt of a human being and you'd have to think a abit of a liability if he ever played against that mhob in that pressure pot, but could understand on some level seeing a player and a ruthless bastard being something we're lacking on the field as well TBH.

I don't like the boy but it's not even about that, he despises us so I just can't see him giving 100% and we don't need anymore players like that.
“No one likes us, we don’t care” is the song we sing then folk get offended when somebody doesn’t like us. He’s a Hibs fan playing for the team he supports it’s natural for him not to like us. Ad be putting the boot into every Celtic player I could if I was lucky enough to have played for Rangers. Am not a fan of is but he’d be a better and more realible signing than Souttar and he’d tic the Scottish player box, and if he 100% despised us as you say then their would be nothing to worry about as he wouldn’t sign for us then anyway. All rumours but am not completely against signing him.

It's a tough one. He prides himself in behaving like a moron. The fact hes more into and celebrates individual "triumphs" mainly over Rangers is pretty concerning, injuring a Rangers player, being booked or even winning the individual match is what's most important to him rather than progressing as a team and aiming for actual achievements. His attitude would suggest he's not the right for Rangers. He's part of a dying breed that we dont want in the scottish game anymore.

You say that like he walked up to her and stuck the glass into her coupon.
Aye launching a glass at someone is more acceptable behaviour. Standards clearly dropped on the park and in the stands if this is what some people are willing to accept.

Ross Wilson can clear his desk the moment we sign him. That scumbag should be no where near our club.

If you were around on 10th July 1989 you would have heard something very similar to what you've said (and a lot worse) when we signed a guy called Maurice Johnston. We ended up cheering him off the park on the day we won the league at the end of the following season.

Yes. It’s his job to arrange the deal, sort the paperwork, liaise with agents and other clubs, but the final decision is not his.
Are you saying he randomly decides on his own to go out and sign a player and just present him to the manager?
No but he clearly likes to take the credit for players he's signed on his watch and we've sold for a profit so why does that excuse him from taking the stick on signing shite players and scum like porteous ?

Anyone bar him. I'm not a scout.
You don’t need to be a scout you just need to watch Scottish football.

We NEED Scottish players, not because it’d be good to have them but to operate we need to have them in the squad.

Ryan Jack, Allan McGregor and John Souttar are all either one significant injury or 6 months away from retirement. Those Scottish players need replacing.

We don’t want to spend 3m on a Josh Doig or Lewis Ferguson so Ryan Porteous or similar is what we’re left with.

Ross Wilson and co will be hoping Ferguson and Doig etc fail abroad so we can get them at a cut price. Unfortunately that’s not looking like it’s going to happen.

I’m 99% sure we will have Porteous written down somewhere as an option.

There’s a reason Grealish cost Man City 100m, not because he’s worth that but because he’s English and there’s a premium added due to that. Homegrown players are a necessity in a European squad.

Back