Jim Duffy saying he has heard Porteous is signing for Rangers

Mentioned weeks back this was happening.

Would be a good signing. He isn't injury prone and excels against the better the opposition he faces. On the cheap too. Can see this being done before the derby.
Excels against better opposition? Like who? He is regularly awful against us.

Looks like Big Jim is trying to get Celtic to show their hands in the man child Porteuos. No one not even them are in any rush to sign that twat

Porteous does cause a lot of debate, it is true.

For example, I've been asking myself for the last twenty minutes whether he's a worse c**t on the pitch or off it.

I would hope he suffered a terrible stabbing injury with the pen if we ever offer him a contract.

RYAN PORTEOUS is a name that is on the minds of both Rangers and Celtic fans for a number of reasons.

Whether it be after one of his trademark no-nonsence tackles, post-match comments or stand-out displays in the heart of the Hibs backline - he isn't far away from either either Celtic or Rangers fans' thoughts.

But the Scotland International has started a transfer frenzy after Lee Johnson confirmed that the 23-year-old had turned down a significantly improved new contract at Easter Road.

Hibs confirmed that the stopper would be moving on to pastures new, in a statement saying: "Hibernian FC can confirm that Ryan Porteous will not sign a new contract with the club.

"The 23 year-old defender, whose current contract ends in the summer of 2023, has turned down a highly-improved new deal to extend his stay with Hibs."

Porteous shone on the big stage - helping Steve Clarke and Scotland qualify for the World Cup play-offs with an imperious display against Ukraine in the last of the World Cup qualifiers at the end of September.

His displays have alerted both Celtic and Rangers supporters many of whom are clamouring for their side to pull out all the stops to bring in the defender.

Teams south of the border are also taking note of Porteous' development, with Stoke City and Sheffield United quoted with an interest.

But one SPFL boss has revealed that he has been told that the Easter Road centre-back's next move may already be signed, sealed and delivered.

Clyde boss Jim Duffy believes Porteous is going to join Rangers, with rivals Celtic set to miss out on the centre half.

The former Morton and Dumbarton boss has added fuel to the fire with the January transfer window around the corner - revealing that he's heard "through the grapevine" that Porteous is headed to Ibrox.

Speaking on Clyde Super Scoreboard Duffy interrupted a caller called Davie who was clamouring for Celtic to pull out all the stops and sign the centre half.

He said: "Not to throw cold water on Davie’s suggestion (Porteous joining Celtic) because I agree with it.

"But I have heard that there is a little bit of a suggestion that he may be going across the road to their greatest rivals.

"So, I have heard that, whether there’s that much in it but that’s something that’s in the air on the football grapevine should we say.”
Wheat her or not Jim Duffy is correct,the fact remains that Porteous is a Scottish international with some ability.He has baggage with us,however I feel that he may be exactly who we need.Playing for Rangers is a completely different proposition than playing for a Ned club like Hibernian.Some people grow up and take on the honour of being a Ranger.If he does come let’s hope this is the case,as he could end up a good player for us.
Too many nut jobs in our own support who think their own s**t doesn’t stink ready to dismiss people immediately.

It's not acceptable, like I already said. Were you as judgemental when it came to Gazza knocking his missus about?
Its not acceptable but clearly Gazza has mental health issues where as Porteous is a filthy scumbag and chav that clearly hates our club and who was happy to stand holding a pictures featuring him leaning over Alfie screaming abuse at him!

Porteous is a scumbag and should be nowhere near our club

I couldn’t give a flying fook what people say im not even going to reply to anyone quoting me but i think he’d be a good signing

We need a bit of a nasty streak in this squad we have absolutely no one who can do that role, he’s 23 on a Free transfer and Scottish and an international so a reasonable sell on value

Say what you like about him and dont get twisted i dont like him but i think he’d enhance our squad especially domestically
According to all reports he’s a really unpleasant character who pals around with neds.
Not worth the risk for me

Go to 1min 7 seconds in...that ain't no fucking hard man adding steel to his defence, that is a cocksocket who looked to leave one on Defoe and as a direct result of his cocksocket behaviour he gets caught flat footed to allow Aribo to wander into free space and score.

Next up, go to...5min 17seconds, hard man? Adding steel to the defence? My arse.

There are several examples against us of him being woefully out of position when we have scored.

Better coaching may improve him but, personally, I see little in him that should make him a target.

2429.jpg

Wheat her or not Jim Duffy is correct,the fact remains that Porteous is a Scottish international with some ability.He has baggage with us,however I feel that he may be exactly who we need.Playing for Rangers is a completely different proposition than playing for a Ned club like Hibernian.Some people grow up and take on the honour of being a Ranger.If he does come let’s hope this is the case,as he could end up a good player for us.
Too many nut jobs in our own support who think their own s**t doesn’t stink ready to dismiss people immediately.

Or it could just be they look at him as a player and think he would struggle really badly in a Rangers jersey and that there is far better out there.

Why must everything come down to patter like this?

It’s honestly like being in third year surrounding by the bitchy lassies sometimes.

It's not caring that he doesn't like us mate it's about whether he is going to commit to the cause, I think you're being naive if you think he won't sign for us just because he doesn't like us when there is money involved. As long as he gives his all that's all I care about, we don't need another ohalloran stealing a wage while half arseing it.
I’m not saying he won’t sign for us… but if somebody 100% despised us (as was said), then he wouldn’t sign with us.

Or it could just be they look at him as a player and think he would struggle really badly in a Rangers jersey and that there is far better out there.

Why must everything come down to patter like this?

It’s honestly like being in third year surrounding by the bitchy lassies sometimes.
Or they know little about football.Just ready to spout bile at anything.Staunch points etc.

Can he be coached into a better player, who knows, but right now his positional sense is really fucking bad. Anytime I've seen Hibs he's at fault for goals and chances given up. He's horrendous on the ball, distribution is rotten.

Its not acceptable but clearly Gazza has mental health issues where as Porteous is a filthy scumbag and chav that clearly hates our club and who was happy to stand holding a pictures featuring him leaning over Alfie screaming abuse at him!

Porteous is a scumbag and should be nowhere near our club
Ah the old, I've battered f*ck oot the wife, it must be mental health issues. Classic.

There are several examples against us of him being woefully out of position when we have scored.

Better coaching may improve him but, personally, I see little in him that should make him a target.

He lacks concentration and gets dragged out of position too many times.

It’s his main weakness and a regular thing against against numerous other opponents.

He gets caught up in trying to play the hard man, his distribution is Hollywood (but improving) and he is a liability in terms of yellow and red cards.

Can someone tell me the positives of what he would bring to Rangers?

Do you not want Rangers to sign Porteous, bud? Your thoughts aren't exactly clear on this thread.

I'm providing proof that 1/ he is a liability, 2/ a thug, 3/ refuses to accept responsibility and 4/ he isn't for us!

I'm sure we will all have a laugh at his picture with the Morelos portrait! Oh the banter!

2.51, don't need to know much about football that this tackle is one of an absolute hammer head!

a cheating bastard to boot.

Maybe we need a bit of nastiness,we are soft as shite.
BTW,not for a minute am I saying I would be out side Ibrox welcoming him here,far from it.All I am saying is we may benefit from him being here.If Micheal Beale thinks Ryan Pirteous can do a job for us,I’m in.

Mate fck up you want to defend a scumbag like that carry on heard enough of your pish.
I’d very much doubt “ferguson” is a Rangers supporter mate.Joined less than a fortnight ago,sticking up for Porteous,club legend as username without a capital F.

He’s at it.

Maybe we need a bit of nastiness,we are soft as shite.
BTW,not for a minute am I saying I would be out side Ibrox welcoming him here,far from it.All I am saying is we may benefit from him being here.If Micheal Beale thinks Ryan Pirteous can do a job for us,I’m in.

Nastiness? What by deliberately chopping down opposing players in your own penalty box?!

There is a fine between a hard defender and a thug defender! He is a the latter!

Switches off in games, looks to blame others and for a so called hardman swan dives like Neymar!

Back