Jim Duffy saying he has heard Porteous is signing for Rangers

I’d be ok with this to be honest. He’s got a lot of things to learn but there’s talent there.

I've never at any point claimed he didn't plead guilty or what he did was out of order.

Btw, I'm guessing Mo Johnstone and Neil McCann weren't too keen on us before they signed. No doubt you were raging when they signed.

Why would I want to read into ‘what actually happened’ then? Why would I want to seek mitigation for a Hibs player?

I was 9 when Johnston (not Johnstone) signed, so I didn’t rage about much then. I did know we were getting a serious player though, and that his signing had sent them into complete meltdown.

So it was worth it.

I watched McCann run riot against us in the League Cup Final and put in numerous other good performances so I thought he was a great signing.

Again, worth it.

He hadn’t posed with signed canvases standing over Rangers players or acted the lady's front bottom in interviews so that was a bonus too.

I don’t mind signings players who have needled us in the past, but they’ve got to be good.

I don’t think he is.

He isn’t a crap footballer.

You’re not a Scottish international player at 23 if you’re crap.
Sadly you can be a crap football player of any age and be a Scotland international player.
We don't need red card liabilities and he is definitely that. We need better but this is not the answer.

Goram, Thomson, Whittaker.

Isnt that after they signed though ?

The FF serie A boys that told us Ferguson was shite every 5 mins on here until he moved and started to perform in the league you guys enjoy.
Ahh, so you're just havering nonsense then! You missed out the bit about Sky Sports News and expected goal stats you usually crowbar in to every thread.

I had no thoughts on him but then again, I dont think he had stood with a picture mocking Alfie, had he? I am sure you are going to list what diouf has previously did so.. lets have the list!

Several times during his early Premier League career, Diouf was accused of spitting at fans and opposition players. In 2002, he was accused of spitting at West Ham United fans while warming up as a substitute for Liverpool during a game at Anfield. An investigation by Merseyside Police found no evidence that an offence had been committed, but that Diouf had spat on the ground.[70] On 13 March 2003, while playing for Liverpool, he was involved in an incident when he spat at Celtic fans during a televised UEFA Cup quarter-final. His club fined him two weeks' wages,[71] UEFA gave him a two-match ban,[72] and Diouf was charged with assault.[73] Although Diouf initially pleaded not guilty,[74] he later changed his plea to guilty, and was fined £5,000.[75] In November 2004 while on loan to Bolton, Diouf was charged by the police for spitting at an 11-year-old Middlesbrough fan during a 1–1 draw.[76] Then, on 27 November 2004, Diouf spat in the face of Portsmouth player Arjan de Zeeuw.[77] Bolton fined him two weeks' wages and the FA banned him for three games after he pleaded guilty to a charge of improper conduct.[78] Bolton manager Sam Allardyce later revealed that he considered sending Diouf to see a sports psychologist.[79]

On 20 September 2009, Diouf was questioned by police after allegations that he had made a racial slur to a ball-boy during a match at Everton, telling him to "%^*& off, white boy".[80] Diouf defended his actions by saying that the ball-boy had thrown the ball to him "like a bone to a dog" and that Everton fans were racially abusing and throwing bananas at him. Police found no evidence of this.[81]

In April 2010, Diouf was arrested and charged with motoring offences in Manchester.[82]

On 8 January 2011, following Blackburn's 1–0 win over Queens Park Rangers in the FA Cup third round, QPR manager Neil Warnock accused Diouf of taunting Jamie Mackie whilst the latter lay on the pitch injured with a broken leg and referred to Diouf as "lower than a sewer rat".[83]

On 14 July 2011, it was reported that Diouf had not joined Blackburn Rovers for a pre-season tour of Austria and that his whereabouts were unknown.[84] The club stated that disciplinary measures would be taken against him.[85]

On 15 April 2012, Diouf and five other men were arrested following reports of a nightclub brawl in Manchester. One man was seriously injured and Diouf was bailed for a week.[86]

On 27 April 2013, Diouf was shown a controversial red card at Elland Road after making offensive gestures towards the Brighton away fans.[87]

My general feelings on this rumour:
945.png

Why? It's a massive stigma grown men publicly admitting they have mental health problems. Especially as a professional footballer.
It is not a stigma at all!

"But modern day sport and coaching is now as much about tactics and talent as it is about nurturing emotions"

From signing 'sick note' defenders to signing 'sent off' defenders. Porteous will be banned practically sine die. Rangers signing policy needs root and branch change.

The referees that hate us are going to have a 'field day' (pun indended!).

Last edited:
Again, why would it be? Millions of people bottle it up and don't want to talk about it.
Again, Its not a stigma today to talk about mental health. Our club even runs a course on it.

As do Hibs

Again, Its not a stigma today to talk about mental health. Our club even runs a course on it.

As do Hibs

I didn't say it was a stigma, I said millions bottle it up.

It is not a stigma at all!

"But modern day sport and coaching is now as much about tactics and talent as it is about nurturing emotions"

Yes there is. Did Gerrard or Gazza come out and said they had mental health problems before they retired? No danger. Completely wrongly it would be used as a negative mark against any player especially guys at 23.

A horrible lady's front bottom. He would be perfectly suited for the poets. Regardless of how he is as a player he is a horrible person and should be no where near our club!

I didn't say it was a stigma, I said millions bottle it up.
My apologies, it was indeed your fellow supporters on the Hivs chav that said "Stigma". I also doubt he bottles anything up though as he appeared to enjoy screaming abuse at Alfie and letting his feelings out then.

I for one will accept him its the managers choice am i happy that we sign him and didnt make an offer for Lewis Ferguson no iam not. Porteous will need to prove himself worthy of a jersey but like a few others with questionable morals if he wears our jersey i will support him .

Yes there is. Did Gerrard or Gazza come out and said they had mental health problems before they retired? No danger. Completely wrongly it would be used as a negative mark against any player especially guys at 23.
Bollox, it would not be used as a negative at all. These days there is no stigma to talk about mental health issues

Bollox, it would not be used as a negative at all.
You can't say for certain that is the case. You would hope not but there would be clubs/managers that would be put off by signing a player with mental health issues over a player that hasn't.

There's very few players that have come out when playing in their 20s and say they have mental health issues. What makes you think Porteous would be some kind of pioneer or we would all know if he had? Plenty players will have mental health illness. Very rarely we will hear about it.

Even if he wanted to sign and give his all for us, as soon as he signed he'd be a marked man . He'd be carded left right and centre.

You can't say for certain that is the case. You would hope not but there would be clubs/managers that would be put off by signing a player with mental health issues over a player that hasn't.

There's very few players that have come out when playing in their 20s and say they have mental health issues. What makes you think Porteous would be some kind of pioneer or we would all know if he had? Plenty players will have mental health illness. Very rarely we will hear about it.

There is no stigma of talking about mental health issues at all. Plenty of players at the top level have done it

That Duffy up is as big a 19th Century Terrorist as you can get. Suspect he’s setting the narrative up for signing for them. Turned down us after they come calling type pish.

We would go from crocked defenders to suspended defender and he would go from Scotland's poor wee laddy to thug in 2 seconds flat.

And that's ignoring what a lady's front bottom he actually is.

Back