Jim Duffy saying he has heard Porteous is signing for Rangers

He's had many, many more howlers. If this is the level of player we are targeting then we are in serious trouble. That's before we even get to the fact that he's an out and out scumbag.
Young players have howlers, yes. What level do you think we are shopping in? Going for a cheap young player with lots of scope for development that is home grown is definitely the market we should be in some of the time. Doesn't work out we punt him down south.

He’s a decent player with potential and coached with a better club ie us , will be even better. I’d be satisfied with him signing and it will be up to him to prove himself.

that will be why I can't remember, one bid...Millwall hahahaha!
So there has been bids from down south then. Stoke and Sheffield Utd also want him come January.

Has many clubs bid for Leon King yet? If not why not if that's what you judge a good player on? Has there ever been a clear cut bid made for Morelos or Kent or just speculation?

You've already told us he "flung it over his shoulder". If I had to predict which posters would downplay something like this you would be right near the top.
I'm commenting from a position of having read exactly what happened. You're not.

We've let a better centre half go, in Katic, so would be a strange signing.

Also Katic isn't a scumbag.
Not that I'm comparing either player but Katic was heavily overhyped in his time here.

Poor awareness and positional sense and not the best bringing the ball out from the back those issues affected him long before the knee injury which at one point made him 4th/5th choice under Gerrard.

The fact that we have to sign Scottish players to satisfy a quota is pretty depressing, as I can’t think of one who’ll improve us and move us forward

Young players have howlers, yes. What level do you think we are shopping in? Going for a cheap young player with lots of scope for development that is home grown is definitely the market we should be in some of the time. Doesn't work out we punt him down south.
I'd expect us to be targeting more talented players than Ryan Porteous. Not too much to ask really.

So there has been bids from down south then. Stoke and Sheffield Utd also want him come January.

Has many clubs bid for Leon King yet? If not why not if that's what you judge a good player on? Has there ever been a clear cut bid made for Morelos or Kent or just speculation?

Man U, Newcastle and Leeds were rumoured to be sniffing about and some will probably be able to confirm on here but he was promised some sort of pathway.

just a shame it happened during one of worst injury crisis' and was hung out to dry.

Can’t happen.

I’d look a complete diddy having offered him outside at Hampden a year ago when they charged off the pitch towards us at the first goal.

Already looked a diddy at the time in front of a few hundred. Rather not relive it on a weekly basis.

Steven Gerrard and Michael Beale were clear on the type of people they want here. Refuse to believe it.

There's shopping for value, then there's raking through the bins of the houses along the road.

I'm calling bullsh.it.

Man U, Newcastle and Leeds were rumoured to be sniffing about and some will probably be able to confirm on here but he was promised some sort of pathway.

just a shame it happened during one of worst injury crisis' and was hung out to dry.
Did they bid though as that was your point with Porteous?

He's had many, many more howlers. If this is the level of player we are targeting then we are in serious trouble. That's before we even get to the fact that he's an out and out scumbag.
Not saying you are wrong but even if he was the next Alan Hansen you lot would be screaming hes shite because of the side he plays for.

Go and read up on what actually happened.

What actually happened was he pled to a charge of culpable and reckless conduct.

I have no desire to look further than this, or give the benefit of the doubt to a player I’ve seen fly into a number of dangerous straight legged tackles on several of our players.

You can if you want.

I might be a bit old fashioned, but I’m still happy to dislike our opponents - particularly the ones who clearly don’t like us in return.

Am I meant to be impressed?
I couldn't care less if you're impressed or not. Just pointing out that a club who could potentially be in the EPL next season are interested in signing him, despite you telling us there was no English clubs wanting him.

Not that I'm comparing either player but Katic was heavily overhyped in his time here.

Poor awareness and positional sense and not the best bringing the ball out from the back those issues affected him long before the knee injury which at one point made him 4th/5th choice under Gerrard.
He may have been overhyped by some, but he is a decent basic defender.

Porteous isn't even that from all evidence I've seen.

Ah the old, I've battered f*ck oot the wife, it must be mental health issues. Classic.
Its well documented that Gazza has mental health problems and nobody is making excuses for his actions at all but, you cannot say he and Porteous are the same, mainly due to the fact that Porteous is a chav and acts like a chav on and off the pitch.

The wife you mention accepts Gazza has mental health problems so, maybe you should!

What actually happened was he pled to a charge of culpable and reckless conduct.

I have no desire to look further than this, or give the benefit of the doubt to a player I’ve seen fly into a number of dangerous straight legged tackles on several of our players.

You can if you want.

I might be a bit old fashioned, but I’m still happy to dislike our opponents - particularly the ones who clearly don’t like us in return.
I've never at any point claimed he didn't plead guilty or what he did was out of order.

Btw, I'm guessing Mo Johnstone and Neil McCann weren't too keen on us before they signed. No doubt you were raging when they signed.

"through the grapevine"

Is that a couple of bottles of wine?
Duffy is lifelong teetotal, but I get the gag.

I can't remember Duffy ever spouting nonsense or rumour for the sake of it, he's pretty much a straight arrow. And he is thoroughly embedded in Scottish Football.

I'm certainly not dismissing it.

Plenty on here already happy with us signing him.
Indeed, but not everyone on here is a Rangers supporter of course. Plenty infiltrators. Apart from that, there must be a fair few within the squad who wouldn't want him around. His antics have often gone beyond normal sporting rivalry.

Its well documented that Gazza has mental health problems and nobody is making excuses for his actions at all but, you cannot say he and Porteous are the same, mainly due to the fact that Porteous is a chav and acts like a chav on and off the pitch.

The wife you mention accepts Gazza has mental health problems so, maybe you should!

I couldn't give a toss if he has mental health issues, battering a woman is scumbag behaviour. He gets a free ride on here because he was a brilliant footballer and played for Rangers.

Who is my lot? I've wanted us to sign Hibs players before. So just know that you're wrong.
Goram, Thomson, Whittaker.

Isnt that after they signed though ?

The FF serie A boys that told us Ferguson was shite every 5 mins on here until he moved and started to perform in the league you guys enjoy.

Apart from anything else, he would just be permanently suspended with us. Hibs players seem to get some nice treatment from refs.

I couldn't give a toss if he has mental health issues, battering a woman is scumbag behaviour. He gets a free ride on here because he was a brilliant footballer and played for Rangers.
Again, nobody is giving him a "free ride on here" but, his behaviour was due to his mental health issues and that clearly is not the case for Porteous who is a chav and a scumbag.

How did you feel about us signing El Hadji Diouf?

Back