Jim Duffy saying he has heard Porteous is signing for Rangers

The one thing that FF has taught me is that our Scouting department isn’t the best. We have suggested some absolute haddies and trashed some great players.

If our management team want him then I am fine with it.

You think? Or you hope?

They've just signed another random from Japan. Can't remember the last player that was linked with us then signed for them tbh. Must have been years back.
Everything they do is because of the insecurities that we have caused them over the years. It won’t be long until we are tormenting them again.

I have heard the same from an ex hibs coach, deal was pretty much agreed in October and to expect him in January.

I am surprised, one reason is I don’t rate him, the other is under both Gio and Gerrard we would press whoever the other CH of hibs was, and let Porteous have the ball knowing he wouldn’t do much with it, and it worked.

If the ex managers didn’t rate him, why the hell are we signing him.

To be fair we should be snapping up all the best from the other teams, we've always done that in previous successful periods. As much as people don't like him it's because he's got a bit about him and throws himself about. It wouldn't be the worst signing that's for sure. A few good performances and a couple of crunching tackles on opposition players and everyone will love him. Football fans are so fickle these days I reckon he would be an alright signing.
He needs to go south and get away from some of the folk he hangs about with or he will continue to hit the front pages rather than the back. Rather not sign him for this reason.

I don't mind Jim Duffy he is normally quite reasonable. But in this instance l think he is maybe up to a bit mischief. By putting Rangers in the driving seat it allows the beggar's to appear beaten only for them to then win at the final hurdle and sign the cnut.
I personally do not want him at Ibrox but IF he does turn up as a new Rangers signing. Amazon will have to employ a lot more delivery drivers to deliver the avalanche of red cards that will be needed with him wearing a Rangers jersey.

I have heard the same from an ex hibs coach, deal was pretty much agreed in October and to expect him in January.

I am surprised, one reason is I don’t rate him, the other is under both Gio and Gerrard we would press whoever the other CH of hibs was, and let Porteous have the ball knowing he wouldn’t do much with it, and it worked.

If the ex managers didn’t rate him, why the hell are we signing him.
Players can improve. Coaching can sort out issues and make players better. He looks like a potential player that can improve.

Have to gamble on occasion. To me worth a go.

If, as posters are saying, the deal to sign Porteous is done, it will be interesting to see if he plays on the 15th - assuming we are looking to bring him in to the Club in January.

Jim Duffy is a tedious little slaphead who gets pin-money for pretending to be ITK on a parochial little radio show that has to beg listeners to call in - on the nights when it isn't calling them. Porteous , 'a name that is on the minds of both Rangers and Celtic fans for a number of reasons' - what a complete pile of utter horse shite. I haven't heard a single fan of either club mention him even once - except to say what a diving cart-horse he is. Duffy is an absolute walloper, trying to sound all intelligent and connected. He's the exact opposite.

If, as posters are saying, the deal to sign Porteous is done, it will be interesting to see if he plays on the 15th - assuming we are looking to bring him in to the Club in January.
Don't think that will matter a jot mate

Souttar played for Hearts in a SC final before joining us. Happens alot

What has got me thinking is Hibs releasing a statement a couple of weeks ago. Why do that? Thats not a common thing

Are they looking to get some money in Jan?

Think its a goer tbh

Last edited:
Completely against the grain, but I’d be signing him for free. In fact, I’d maybe even be offering them a small fee in January to get him sooner. One thing we are is short of centre backs. Would be good to get him in and settled under the new manager as well.

He still has a lot of potential although he’s now 24 he has to start fulfilling it.

It would probably be best for him to head south. But he’s the kind of person who could thrive with us

What has got me thinking is Hibs releasing a statement a couple of weeks ago. Why do that? Thats not a common thing

Yeah, it happens. Just a thought that if we were bringing him in early we'd negotiate that.

Unlikely but you never know.

I'd have thought , given Hibs' statement saying he wasn't signing a new contract, they'd be looking to get some sort of cash for him in January.

He will sign for Celtic and then they won’t play him. Look at the amount of players they sign and you never hear of them again. I genuinely don’t think we will sign, I really don’t like him.

Because their fans would be up in arms if they sold him to us. This is them laying the groundwork so they can say they had no option.

No brainer for me. Good player, young, nasty streak and Scottish who also performed very well for the national team.

Obv has a bit of baggage and things in his past but that describes about 99.9% of the population so doesn’t put me off at all. Especially for free/cheap

I'm away to start a new thread called "Chic Charnley says Jim Duffy talks shite".

Find ok going on about his past, think about the nonsense Gazza, Ricksen, Barry, Diouf etc used to get up to and they had our support.

People need to remember yes he’s no angel but also we’ve had other players with challenging pasts who have done well.

Can’t believe there is folk greeting about his past indiscretions.

We’ve literally got a player on our books who was done for drunk driving.

^This

Watch the goal Ross County scored just before the break. Under 10s defending.

He is Aberdeen class. Nothing more.

Amazing that Duffy mentions we are singing porteous and all of a sudden all these members have heard from people at Rangers, Hibs coaches and all sorts that he is signing, just all of a sudden they have got the info, I love a good itk poster.
I said so weeks ago.

Can’t believe there is folk greeting about his past indiscretions.

We’ve literally got a player on our books who was done for drunk driving.
The stories of him bullying other Hibs players aren't in his past and that's not a character we need in our dressing room.

He's a terrible player and despite our injury problems, not what we need. Too busy playing a plastic hardmam to do his job properly.

I don't mind Jim Duffy he is normally quite reasonable. But in this instance l think he is maybe up to a bit mischief. By putting Rangers in the driving seat it allows the beggar's to appear beaten only for them to then win at the final hurdle and sign the cnut.
I personally do not want him at Ibrox but IF he does turn up as a new Rangers signing. Amazon will have to employ a lot more delivery drivers to deliver the avalanche of red cards that will be needed with him wearing a Rangers jersey.
Sadly I don’t think he’s at the madam. I heard a few weeks back from a very good source that this was a goer.
It had Ian Black MKII written all over it. Always getting carded, always getting smashed by opposition players and always taking the bait.
No thanks.

Maybe you are right but this sort of shite is how their media works. It really will not surprise me if this hibs player signs for them and this Duffy story will be used as evidence that we were desperate to sign him, only for him to pick them.
Makes a hell of a lot of sense if that's what is going on here. And let's be honest, there's probably a decent number of their fans who also want nothing to do with Porteous either and would view him as a lazy signing rather than taking them up a level, so this could be their board trying to lay the groundwork for claiming this as a great success.

Don't like the smug thug sob, but he will get benefit of the doubt from me IF he signs for us. Not gonna lose my shit either way.

Ach, so he plays for hibs and is a wee scumbag. What's the big deal?

Ach, we never had any time to put up screens at Ibrox for the Europa League final. What's the big deal?

Ach, it's just a wee "exhibition" match against celtic. What's the big deal?

Ach, we've not got a fucking clue what we're doing. What's the big deal?

Personally I wouldn't want Porteous at Rangers and would want better however, our options at centre back are horrendous with Goldson out and Souttar & Helander unlikely to be seen again. For what it's worth Porteous would improve our back line straight away if he came in January. I know he is 4 years older than King but he is a million times better as it stands.

Back