Paul Murray and Barry Scott Resign

I'm not disagreeing with a lot of what you're saying mate.Im only pointing out his resignation isn't some grand master plan.

Yeah, I get that.

Similarly, thought many seem to be taking the tact on this thread, it’s not necessarily an end of days resignstion either.

Some people need a reality check. How do they come to the conclusion that 2 board members leaveing means new investors. Pie in the sky stuff I’m afraid.

Just gossip could be wrong but i got told reason both resigned was due to king having a dislike of one of 2 new investors coming in and both murray & scott think kings attitude is hindering the club ..the 2 investors are david murray & anne gloag ...both murray & gloag have just both been involved in a land deal and sold land in caldercruix for reportedly £700m - £900m ...as i said i got told this today dont know how much or if any truth in it
This sounds like utter bullsheet

Some people need a reality check. How do they come to the conclusion that 2 board members leaveing means new investors. Pie in the sky stuff I’m afraid.

One question. Do you think it is likely Steven Gerrard is considering coming to Rangers for the sort of budget Pedro had last summer?

If the answer is yes then I'm going to have to ask you to think about that a bit more. If the answer is no, then have a think about that a bit more.

Just gossip could be wrong but i got told reason both resigned was due to king having a dislike of one of 2 new investors coming in and both murray & scott think kings attitude is hindering the club ..the 2 investors are david murray & anne gloag ...both murray & gloag have just both been involved in a land deal and sold land in caldercruix for reportedly £700m - £900m ...as i said i got told this today dont know how much or if any truth in it

No chance David Murray will be allowed anywhere near Rangers or have any interest in doing so.

David Murray can get so far away to fcuk from Ibrox I won’t be back if we accept his money.

No he wasn’t he joined the club after Pedro had made his signings his role has been explained before by the man himself, in print and copied onto here. It’s a system that works at big clubs World wide the fact that you obviously don’t like it is neither here nor there
Fair enough I stand corrected, but im still convinced SG if he’s coming won’t like this guy above him. A glorified chief scout

Though let's not forget the absolute scenes if we have new investment, Gerrard and new board members in the same announcement followed by a press conference and a fans walkabout outside the stadium.

Poor Timmy will be absolutely shitting it.

do what liewell would do, anounce the new manager and investment the day before thr SC final

40f1067620.png

Good news according to 4LHAD blog. I'm not concerned.

There isn't a legal requirement, but if I were about to pour a large sum of money into the club, I would want a seat on the board AND I'd want to do that not as a new member, but instead by replacing someone who currently has a seat on the board (to remove one member of any possible "voting bloc"). And the obvious person to go would be PM, because (as I recall) of all of the board members, he probably put the least money into the club. That's not being critical of him - just a fact.

I am fairly sanguine about this. I have never met PM, but he seems to me to have the interests of the club at heart. If he has resigned because he thinks that there is something dreadfully wrong, I suspect we'd have heard about it by now (leaks to the press).

I think (and certainly HOPE) that Thursday / Friday will be a new dawn, on two fronts: managerial and financial.

I understand that and I agree that it's a possible cause. The problem I have is it makes zero sense , the timing is off and I don't believe our PR is so bad as to mess it up in this way.

If your scenario is correct , then the only way to do it is to call the press to Ibrox , announce the new manager , greet the new investors and release a flowery statement thanking PM and BS for their work and stating they are stepping down from the board and that New Investor Person is taking up a directorship etc.

You don't have 2 directors , one of which is one of the men synonymous with the fight to regain the club resign in this manner and then just leave a void of info for the trouble makers and press to fill with more drama.

A new manager and new investors before the weekend would be fantastic though.

I’m not happy with this DOF crap either, if I was SG I’d be asking to have him removed or his role retitled to chief scout. I wasn’t a fan of this DOF pish, it might work for some smaller clubs on the continent but it’s been proven not to work in this country. He’s not exactly brought in much quality has he? The manager should have the first decision on all football matters. Piss off Mark you’re doing a shit job anyway............. Tuppence worth in

So with one window, where most were happy with the players brought in, he’s doing a shit job? What evidence are you basing your opinion on?

Also, do the “smaller clubs on the continent” include; Ajax, PSG, Barcelona, Bayern Munich just to name a few?

When I hear “DOF crap” and “DOF pish”, it automatically makes me assume that it’s someone that hasn’t even bother their arse to try and understand the role. It’s something foreign and weird, ergo it’s shite.

Maybe I’m picking you up wrong though, but I doubt it.

There isn't a legal requirement, but if I were about to pour a large sum of money into the club, I would want a seat on the board AND I'd want to do that not as a new member, but instead by replacing someone who currently has a seat on the board (to remove one member of any possible "voting bloc"). And the obvious person to go would be PM, because (as I recall) of all of the board members, he probably put the least money into the club. That's not being critical of him - just a fact.

I am fairly sanguine about this. I have never met PM, but he seems to me to have the interests of the club at heart. If he has resigned because he thinks that there is something dreadfully wrong, I suspect we'd have heard about it by now (leaks to the press).

I think (and certainly HOPE) that Thursday / Friday will be a new dawn, on two fronts: managerial and financial.

Just catching up on the thread. Thanks for the post SDR.

I pray you are correct sir!

One question. Do you think it is likely Steven Gerrard is considering coming to Rangers for the sort of budget Pedro had last summer?

If the answer is yes then I'm going to have to ask you to think about that a bit more. If the answer is no, then have a think about that a bit more.
I don’t have a clue what sort of budget Steven Gerrard will get if he comes no one does. I just don’t believe 2 board members leaving means that there are new investors coming in.

Just home from work.
Anyone summarise known reasons behind the resignations?

Or are we still just guessing at the moment?

So what does he do then?? What his input? Why have him there? For all we know he might have sanctioned some of these players, and yes please go on
You don't understand the role of DoF, or don't want to. The DoF controls the football side for the board. The club is split into 1st team and Academy. The manager runs the 1st team and the Academy director runs the youth teams. The DoF puts into place the following
Scouting, Medical, Sports science and video assessment. The 1st team manager may want all of the above separate just for him, is bring in his own team.

Heart and Hand saying that Murray left because he had been thinking about it for a while, and King etc want to go in a bold new direction and accelerate things, he wanted to give the job to Murty and then after the 3-2 at Ibrox wanted us to go after DM again. Amicable split.
Paul Murray wanted to give the job to Murty then wanted DM again?

Is this good new or bad? And does anyone know why they resigned?

Hopefully Robertson is away next

So with one window, where most were happy with the players brought in, he’s doing a shit job? What evidence are you basing your opinion on?

Also, do the “smaller clubs on the continent” include; Ajax, PSG, Barcelona, Bayern Munich just to name a few?

When I hear “DOF crap” and “DOF pish”, it automatically makes me assume that it’s someone that hasn’t even bother their arse to try and understand the role. It’s something foreign and weird, ergo it’s shite.

Maybe I’m picking you up wrong though, but I doubt it.
Ok we’ll see time will tell, so you tell me as you seem to know all about this DOF role what it is he actually does, pardon my obvious ignorance.

If we do get investment then I hope we don't go telling everyone the amount we have to spend
We shouldn’t be telling them anything with regards to investment as it only serves to hike up the transfer fees. For the sake of a giruy to timbo it’s not worth it

David Murray can get so far away to fcuk from Ibrox I won’t be back if we accept his money.
Cant see david murray coming back myself but the guy has an ego the size of the planet so who knows whats going on in his head .maybe he thinks he can redeem himself by stopping 10inarow .he could give us £200m and i still wouldnt have him

Fair enough however people didn't have to leave for others to be appointed to the board.

The truth will out.

I imagine it will just be down to a different direction being sought by certain members rather than anything sinister.

As we've been told by a couple of the more 'ITK' posters to expect more on this very soon, all we can do is wait and see for now I suppose. But certainly doesn't sound like the doom & gloom some people are desperate to see.

I don’t have a clue what sort of budget Steven Gerrard will get if he comes no one does. I just don’t believe 2 board members leaving means that there are new investors coming in.

Nice swerve. The point is nobody knows anything, they are just looking at what's going on with the club at the minute and trying to draw conclusions. I think the question I asked above is pertinent and I think you know that.

Does that mean these board members didn't want to resign anyway or have been 100% happy with every decision that's been made? Undoubtedly not, because boards don't work that way. Does that mean there has been acrimony or something bad is happening? No, the two things don't necessarily follow.

I'm saying this generally, not specifically at you, but vigilance doesn't have to mean paranoia and catastrophising everything.

He wasn't involved in the beginning of the season either. Jan was his first window, only really bad signing was Martin, and that was Murty's guy. Dorrans hit and miss, Cummings not been given a chance properly, but not been bad, Murphy will be and has been good, Docherty has shown a lot of promise.

See this is the problem with a DoF. The only bad signing was down to Murty!!!!
How convenient.

I imagine it will just be down to a different direction being sought by certain members rather than anything sinister.

As we've been told by a couple of the more 'ITK' posters to expect more on this very soon, all we can do is wait and see for now I suppose. But certainly doesn't sound like the doom & gloom some people are desperate to see.
It may even be good but timing surprising, statement vague etc

Fair enough however people didn't have to leave for others to be appointed to the board.

The truth will out.

Maybe he feels he's fulfilled his purpose and is no longer essential to the running of things. He leaves us in a far better place than when he came in so it's a job well done. Everyone has a life to live.

Doesn't always have to be negative.

IF SG doesn’t buy into the DoF thing 100% then we need to move on to another candidate.

And this is coming from someone who’s not a fan of the whole DoF thing.

Stevie G will already have weighed out all the pros and cons and if he didnt like this ‘system’ he wouldn't be coming.

It seems Allen maybe instrumental in getting Stevie to come in the first place…but going forward …… it should prove ……………’interesting’!!

... and courageous journalism!
An ill-advised comment for sure

However at the time The Record and Klaxon had printed a number of articles having a go at fat Mike, one of the richest men in the country, so I knew where he was coming from.

Probably got carried away a wee bit with the emotion of it all, getting control of the club.
I don’t think it defines him, do you?

Maybe he feels he's fulfilled his purpose and is no longer essential to the running of things. He leaves us in a far better place than when he came in so it's a job well done. Everyone has a life to live.

Doesn't always have to be negative.
And i havent said it is negative anywhere. We are in the dark as usual though.

If all was cosy and others coming in why not wait and announce they were leaving and x y and z was going to happen.

Once again, timing and statement just leaves more questions than answers.

Back