Paul Murray and Barry Scott Resign

As I said earlier, a massive over reaction by many on here is my prediction with the odd Celtic fan troll throwing in comments to cause concerns.

Let the week play out and assess come Friday

Thats not true what you've just posted about the loans

They are being turned into equity, ie a % holding, not being 'paid back', they might get it back eventually, if they sell at the right time, but saying it needs paid back at any forthcoming share issue isn't true.

This is being falsely reported by sections of the media. It is an attempt to mislead people into believing the soft loans are actually debt which has to be paid back. Peter Martin last night reported that we owe £18m in soft loans which will have to be paid back. Another favourite of the anti-Rangers media is to claim we are ''surviving on loans''. The truth is the soft loans is actually investment from the board. It is the only way anyone could put money into the club over the last 18 months as a share issue was blocked at the 2016 AGM. These soft loans will eventually be converted to shares and no money has to be paid back as some in the media have suggested.

I know nothing about Barry Scott. In saying that, I know next to nothing about Paul Murray either, apart from the fact he had the scuzball Whyte's number from day one.

But when he started calling the scum up here who masquerade as journalists as brave, and that we have to 'build bridges' with people who hate us, then the game was up. For me at any rate.

I don't have a clue what is going on at Ibrox, but the board had better start getting their act together. Three years down the line and it is worse than ever.

Was B S not supposed to be Geirge Letham's eyes & ears

People on radio Clyde saying Park going now and his son.
LOL

It’s getting mental

What is it they say nature abhors a vacuum?

I have a feeling there will major board changes especially if this investment rumour comes to fruition.

Whoever it maybe … will surely want their own people controlling or at least having a big say on how we are ran.

Big changes on the way!

Goodbye SR and JT for starters!

I have a feeling there will major board changes especially if this investment rumour comes to fruition.

Whoever it maybe … will surely want their own people controlling or at least having a big say on how we are ran.

Big changes on the way!

Eh these two already invested and one was made Deputy Chairman a couple of weeks ago.

Come on guys...

Or maybe it is just the way it happened. Allen has come out in the past and said that Martin was not his choice. Neither was DM for manager, and he gave the board a lost the day after Pedro was sacked. Of all our issues atm, as it stands, Allen appears to be doing a good job.

Ok, what I mean is FF are happy to say that all Jan signings, apart from the bad one are down to Mark Allen, despite a quote from MA himself saying that the manager has the final say. And Murty doesn’t get praise for them.
A recipe for disaster going forward. It wiznae me, he signed him. Naw ah didnae. Aye ye did.

BS and HK investors lent money to get rid of Ashley. It’s perfectly possible he was only on the board as a placeholder for further investment coming in and a UK based director to represent. I don’t think BS ever attended in person.

He put in over £2m cash joined the board a few months ago so he wasn’t a placeholder for anybody. He did attend a board meeting because he was at the match that weekend too.

Big changes on the way!

Unless the potential investors offer to underwrite the proposed rights, how would they be able to get money into the plc?

Genuine question as I'm not too clued up on these things.

This is being falsely reported by sections of the media. It is an attempt to mislead people into believing the soft loans are actually debt which has to be paid back. Peter Martin last night reported that we owe £18m in soft loans which will have to be paid back. Another favourite of the anti-Rangers media is to claim we are ''surviving on loans''. The truth is the soft loans is actually investment from the board. It is the only way anyone could put money into the club over the last 18 months as a share issue was blocked at the 2016 AGM. These soft loans will eventually be converted to shares and no money has to be paid back as some in the media have suggested.

Is Peter Martin the rhabid Hobbit that sooks Roughies boaby on STV 2?

If so, I'll bookmark this reference from 1/5/18 programme and will bring it up after the loan conversion

He’s not head of comms, he’s an external media advisor essentially. Honestly, I’ve been a head of comms dealing with announcements of major investment/public purchases and the lawyers write them.

I’m not saying this is one thing or the other, and I don’t particularly care if people slag JT off, but i bet you he has a fairly tough time getting influence into board announcements with all those businessman egos around.

His title is Director of Comms and Marketing end of.

Don't use twitter or facebook pish and don't know if any truth to this. Was told earlier that Steven Gerrard deal includes Brian Kennedy and Graeme Souness investment. Are we now seeing Paul Murray paving the way for the arrival of The Blue Knights?

Traynor is not employed by us, he works for/owns Level5 PR agency.

Some amount of other pish post here, Park leaving, who just became vice chairman? Paul Murray is a cnt of one statement, lets forget all the good he done. Just think if it wasnt for him we'd probably still be under Ashley's thumb.

Boards change, the statement is IIRC required by law, they aren't going to go into a lot of details.

My take, we are preparing for the next challenge, probably a bit late but it is what it is, manager gone, new manager to be announced soon, board members gone, new ones to be announced soon.

Too much negativity for no reason.

One of the resolutions passed at the last AGM allows the board to issue shares to anyone they choose.

With dilution The Rangers Board have authority to issue around £22M in shares less Costs. And can choose who to make the offer too after pre-emp rights were removed on resolution vote at the AGM. Therefore if they decided not to swap the existing loans for equity and keep the current soft loans debt it would allow £22M working capital, retail income under new deal would also add around £3.4M a year. Obviously just speculating but just providing information in to how it would be possible to get a major cash injection straight in to the PLC.

Last edited:

That's all very good but you've conveniently omitted using a finance house to borrow 3 million + seven million pledged from King over the next two seasons. Living like this is unsustainable.

Don't use twitter or facebook pish and don't know if any truth to this. Was told earlier that Steven Gerrard deal includes Brian Kennedy and Graeme Souness investment. Are we now seeing Paul Murray paving the way for the arrival of The Blue Knights?

Souness involvement I had not considered until you mentioned it but that would be a wet dream and might explain the move for Gerrard a bit more

That's all very good but you've conveniently omitted using a finance house to borrow 3 million + seven million pledged from King over the next two seasons. Living like this is unsustainable.
Questionable stance you are taking on this.

Questionable stance you are taking on this.

Not at all, I agree with what he's saying but you can't avoid the issue of us living on soft loans and loans from a finance house as a way to continue business, as I said it's unsustainable.

As I asked earlier it's maybe just coincidental and bad timing but I'm wondering why no one is concerned about it being possibly linked to Kings court case yesterday

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...___11m_Rangers_shares_bid_with_cleared_funds/

Murray has always been a coordinator and was prepared to get involved with any decent group, from Brian Kennedy to King.

He is a Chartered Accountant and Management Consultant, so brings that to bear.

It is bad corporate governance to have all shareholders and yes men on the Board of a plc. That’s why you want a mix between shareholders, non execs, execs and Independent members. Murray has proven himself to care first and foremost about the club in the past, him going is very concerning.

If anyone should be shifted from the Board “to make space” then I would consider the son of a shareholder who encouraged the disasterous appointment of Pedro to he first in line.

What exactly has Paul Murray co-ordinated? What he done - and let me be clear, I am appreciative of his efforts - was put himself forward as a face and voice of Dave King.

What is indisputable is that Paul Murray enjoys the limelight and soaked up the opportunity to take on that role.

Let’s put to bed the myth of any one Director, you elude to the ‘son of a Director’ which is in itself offensive, ‘encouraging’ the appointment of Pedro Caixinha. He was part of a shortlist put forward and the appointment was the responsibility of the Board, a Board which included Paul Murray who voted in favour of the appointment. IF Paul Murray, or anyone else in the Board, disputes this then they should have the balls to call out The Chairman as a liar for his statement at the AGM which made the process crystal clear.

It's always nice to think positive, and look upwards. But we're a
Basket case and this just stinks of a fall out.
Paul Murray has stuck to the task from the beginning, whether he's effective
Or not. Don't get why he would leave, and Scott just in the door.
THIS myth imo, that pots of money is on the way, is to date, wishful thinking.
And as we've said a hundred times, who is going to throw money at a bad investment.
Hope I'm wrong but hey ho

He put in over £2m cash joined the board a few months ago so he wasn’t a placeholder for anybody. He did attend a board meeting because he was at the match that weekend too.
Stand corrected on the board attendance. I recall he was part of a group of HK investors who fronted up cash to pay off Ashley. Not sure if the £2m was all his.

Anyway, I think it's fair to say he was a less influential board member. The statement explicitly says the board knew they had his support so that seems quite a confident thing to say if you've just sh*tcanned the dude

Traynor is Director of Comms and Marketing? That's news to me chief, I thought he was consultancy support bought in from his company Level 5.

Isn't that job title the post that was being advertised earlier in the year and doesn't appear to have been filled?

Traynor is not employed by us, he works for/owns Level5 PR agency.

Some amount of other pish post here, Park leaving, who just became vice chairman? Paul Murray is a cnt of one statement, lets forget all the good he done. Just think if it wasnt for him we'd probably still be under Ashley's thumb.

Boards change, the statement is IIRC required by law, they aren't going to go into a lot of details.

My take, we are preparing for the next challenge, probably a bit late but it is what it is, manager gone, new manager to be announced soon, board members gone, new ones to be announced soon.

Too much negativity for no reason.

Think Rangers are now ran by ChacePR. Traynor must have ended Level 5 PR.

I like most have no idea what’s ongoing in the background or the reasons for Paul Murray’s departure.

I have never met the guy but I do know he did more than ‘his bit’ during our darkest hours.

For that I thank him from the bottom of my heart & wish him nothing but good fortune in the future.

Thanks Paul.

Stand corrected on the board attendance. I recall he was part of a group of HK investors who fronted up cash to pay off Ashley. Not sure if the £2m was all his.

Anyway, I think it's fair to say he was a less influential board member. The statement explicitly says the board knew they had his support so that seems quite a confident thing to say if you've just sh*tcanned the dude

If you were looking at our Board and you were thinkin right we need space for 2 guys who will have a capital interest. Which two go to make up the space it would be Murray and Scott, I said earlier both chartered accountants with no personal fortunes. They were non ex's on to provide consultation on finances.

I'm not gonna lie guys but I am absolutely shitting myself plus i may be reading to much into it but Gerrard looks pissed off in the studio tonight compared to last night,need some reassurance everything is gonna be all good

What statement been out all afternoon any changes ? I know Murray and Douglas have gone

It's actually Paul Murray and Barry Scott.

I was referring to the official club statement.

I believe Barry Scott was the representative of the "associated parties" who have put in about £5.4m. George Taylor, George Letham, Andrew Ross, Barry Scott, Scott Murdoch.

Dave King has promised to invest a further £7m over the next 18 months. The club also recently secured a banking facility for the first time since administration. It provides us with a £3m loan facility which is there if we choose to use it. As we speak it has not been used but it's nice to know it's there and this type of banking facility is perfectly normal for a football club.

When Dave King took over he told us the club would not be self-sustainable until we are back playing regular European football and receiving income through retail. Until then directors would invest money to cover the shortfall and to allow the club to progress. This was the plan from day one and they have been true to their word and provided every financial requirement thus far.

I'm not gonna lie guys but I am absolutely shitting myself plus i may be reading to much into it but Gerrard looks pissed off in the studio tonight compared to last night,need some reassurance everything is gonna be all good
Gerrard is probably just nervous as %^*& for Liverpool to be honest mate.

Or maybe he is just nervous as his side are playing a Champions League semi final 2nd leg?

Not at all, I agree with what he's saying but you can't avoid the issue of us living on soft loans and loans from a finance house as a way to continue business, as I said it's unsustainable.

As I asked earlier it's maybe just coincidental and bad timing but I'm wondering why no one is concerned about it being possibly linked to Kings court case yesterday

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...___11m_Rangers_shares_bid_with_cleared_funds/

If you are going to make statements about out finances you should at least make sure they are accurate. There is no "3 million pound loan from a finance house" it is an overdraft facility

No little jokes from lineker tonight re gerrard and Rangers ,tomorrow we need full disclosure,no matter good or bad .

I’m sure it’s still on and investment forthcoming but the fans are being mugged off .

What exactly has Paul Murray co-ordinated? What he done - and let me be clear, I am appreciative of his efforts - was put himself forward as a face and voice of Dave King.

What is indisputable is that Paul Murray enjoys the limelight and soaked up the opportunity to take on that role.

Let’s put to bed the myth of any one Director, you elude to the ‘son of a Director’ which is in itself offensive, ‘encouraging’ the appointment of Pedro Caixinha. He was part of a shortlist put forward and the appointment was the responsibility of the Board, a Board which included Paul Murray who voted in favour of the appointment. IF Paul Murray, or anyone else in the Board, disputes this then they should have the balls to call out The Chairman as a liar for his statement at the AGM which made the process crystal clear.

I just stated it as it was.

Paul Murray was never a mega money man.

He was put on the original board because of his credentials as a CA and management consultant, along with his fandom.

He protested against Whyte and before returning to being a director was a campaigner and someone looking to coordinate investment.

I was merely commenting on the people asking “what’s he do anyway?” and “why is he there?”. No he isn’t a financier but has had a very positive role with the club. Once again, he is a non exec, companies need them.

I love that you get offended about me suggesting another director should go instead of him but then go on about Paul Murray enjoying the limelight. You misquoted me btw, I said son of a shareholder, not director, because that is really what he is.

Back