Paul Murray and Barry Scott Resign

Lets hope we get all the news this week, i cant take going into next week with the whole Gerrard saga going on, i think Friday will clear everything up.

There's no limit to the amount of board members you can have so creating space isn't a requirement.
That is true however each board member has a vote and as such if new money were to come on board they would not like decisions diluted by existing board members. This would make sense to me if indeed we have fresh money coming into the club.

Ok we’ll see time will tell, so you tell me as you seem to know all about this DOF role what it is he actually does, pardon my obvious ignorance.

The role varies widely from club to club, but I believe ours was brought in to provide a consistency of ideology whenever we changed personnel. He’ll be responsible for making sure that coaches at all levels are “singing from the same hymn sheet”. Overseeing our entire scouting department, dealing with contract renewals, so as to leave the first team coach to concentrate on first team matters.

This is my understanding of things anyway, and for me, it makes sense. It may not work out, but throwing around baseless accusations is unfair.

Last edited:
Nice swerve. The point is nobody knows anything, they are just looking at what's going on with the club at the minute and trying to draw conclusions. I think the question I asked above is pertinent and I think you know that.

Does that mean these board members didn't want to resign anyway or have been 100% happy with every decision that's been made? Undoubtedly not, because boards don't work that way. Does that mean there has been acrimony or something bad is happening? No, the two things don't necessarily follow.

I'm saying this generally, not specifically at you, but vigilance doesn't have to mean paranoia and catastrophising everything.
We wil soon find out. I hope I’m wrong and will hold my hands up if ism. Would be great if invrstors came and bankrolled stevie g. We all want the same thing a team that can compete with them and not fear a doing everytime we play them. We deserve that.

Didn’t Klopp insist on him? At least he did according to an interview I heard him do.
I don't know if he insisted it should be Michael Edwards. But he did insist on having a DoF because he always had one when working in Germany.
Makes sense to me. DoF's are a huge assistance to the manager.

Do we know when the share issue is going to happen? I'm guessing we need to wait until the thing with the concert party and 20p shares is done. How long should that take?

This thread is mental. How does two directors leaving mean we have money coming in from HK, China, Japan America or the far east. Wake up folks. Anyone putting in £££ will want it back and that is fair enough. Folk on here thinking someone will just give us millions for nothing. Pie in the sky right enough. Lets remember that these soft loans have to be paid back first upwards of 20M. So any share issue will need to pay these guys back first. Any money thereafter could be used to better the squad. Lets no kid on or believe that someone is going to give us millions for nothing or never pay it back. The world doesn't work like that. Having said that, I do hope there is investment, what I am saying is that any monies we get or generate has to be in line with the business model. We have to live within our means, which is fine and how it should be.

I admit I'm no business guru but I always thought P. Murray was well got on here? He seems to be getting thrown under the bus somewhat.

He made some comments about the D.R and by doing so totally negated all the good he had done for the club prior to that and since.

If there is investment from the East (as has been persistently rumoured for a while) then you could ask what is attracting them? There is not amazing cash in Scottish clubs. Unless funding is beyond our wildest dreams, they are not funding us to European glory. We are the Famous. But we’re not that famous in Asia. So what is their reason for giving us money? The obvious answer would be to build our brand to sell at home. And the easiest way to do that is with celebrities. We will not be getting celebrity players unless the funding is stupidly high. But we can get a celebrity manager.

Gerrard sitting in his brogues will get international media. And can be sold in Asia much better than Alex Neil and Alan MacGregor.

I’m not saying it’s genius or even necessarily the best thing for us. But you can easily see why Gerrard and Asian money would be interlinked.
I’ll stop you at your first sentence... The rumoured investor is a bluenose

We know for a fact that there is no fall out and no negative reason for this move. We know if for a fact because there has not been a poorly worded statement released on the official site blatantly calling them a pair of fucking knobs, questioning their ancestry and generally looking like it was written by an emo teen just dumped by his emo girlfriend.

Dave King working with David Murray? Lol.

More chance of Lennon managing us!
I don't think DK is working with David Murray. However, I don't think he wouldn't be prepared to, under the right circumstances. DK is not a man to let emotions cloud his business judgement.

Fair enough however people didn't have to leave for others to be appointed to the board.

The truth will out.

Not necessarily true. A board of more than 8 people is actually a very bad idea for a club/company like RFC. Also, a new investor might have views on the board composition.

It's very plausible

Cant see david murray coming back myself but the guy has an ego the size of the planet so who knows whats going on in his head .maybe he thinks he can redeem himself by stopping 10inarow .he could give us £200m and i still wouldnt have him

No no no. He can give us £200m if he so wants. He gets nothing back for his money though. Call it reparations for fucking our club over then he can get himself to %^*& then %^*& off some more.

This thread is mental. How does two directors leaving mean we have money coming in from HK, China, Japan America or the far east. Wake up folks. Anyone putting in £££ will want it back and that is fair enough. Folk on here thinking someone will just give us millions for nothing. Pie in the sky right enough. Lets remember that these soft loans have to be paid back first upwards of 20M. So any share issue will need to pay these guys back first. Any money thereafter could be used to better the squad. Lets no kid on or believe that someone is going to give us millions for nothing or never pay it back. The world doesn't work like that. Having said that, I do hope there is investment, what I am saying is that any monies we get or generate has to be in line with the business model. We have to live within our means, which is fine and how it should be.

There is no issue with someone selling their shares, or the loans that will lead to shares, and writing into the contract that x amount must be invested directly on top.

I don't think DK is working with David Murray. However, I don't think he wouldn't be prepared to, under the right circumstances. DK is not a man to let emotions cloud his business judgement.

Especially if he sees a chance of getting his £20m back.

Not necessarily true. A board of more than 8 people is actually a very bad idea for a club/company like RFC. Also, a new investor might have views on the board composition.

It's very plausible
No. What i was saying is there is no rules or set numbers. Nothing more.

Did he not use the Record in his successful bid against the spivs? Just threw them a thank you was my interpretation.
They wrote some real negative stuff on Ashley et al ,in his hour of need

Maybe not the best of bedfellows but they served a purpose at the time .

He subsequently threw some praise their way , I get why that might have irked a few, myself included, but I never quite saw it as the full on betrayal that some did.

They wrote some real negative stuff on Ashley et al ,in his hour of need

Maybe not the best of bedfellows but they served a purpose at the time .

He subsequently threw some praise their way , I get why that might have irked a few, myself included, but I never quite saw it as the full on betrayal that some did.
It was a nasty business but the only thing that mattered was the outcome.

It's very plausible

Precisely.

In fact, I’m pretty sure I remember something previously, possibly after King & co. took control when they were composing the first board, where it was stated that the optimum number of members would be between 6 and 8.

See this is the problem with a DoF. The only bad signing was down to Murty!!!!
How convenient.

Or maybe it is just the way it happened. Allen has come out in the past and said that Martin was not his choice. Neither was DM for manager, and he gave the board a lost the day after Pedro was sacked. Of all our issues atm, as it stands, Allen appears to be doing a good job.

No money has to be paid back. The soft loans will be converted to shares beginning at the next share issue. The club has no outstanding loan which has to be paid back.

Thats not true what you've just posted about the loans

They are being turned into equity, ie a % holding, not being 'paid back', they might get it back eventually, if they sell at the right time, but saying it needs paid back at any forthcoming share issue isn't true.

No he thinks the bland statement with no information has created a vacuum and now it’s being filled by speculation and conjecture and total guess work.

That is the fault of Traynor who is responsible for all communication.

No, he’s not now. We have a DIRECTOR of Comms and Matketing who

I know nothing about Barry Scott. In saying that, I know next to nothing about Paul Murray either, apart from the fact he had the scuzball Whyte's number from day one.

But when he started calling the scum up here who masquerade as journalists as brave, and that we have to 'build bridges' with people who hate us, then the game was up. For me at any rate.

I don't have a clue what is going on at Ibrox, but the board had better start getting their act together. Three years down the line and it is worse than ever.

I'm baffled by this
I'm unable to come to any conclusion because there's obviously lots of info missing
Regrettably though there can't be too many positive reasons to choose from

People on radio Clyde saying Park going now and his son.
LOL

It’s getting mental

What is it they say nature abhors a vacuum?

Back