Non-Rangers Winter transfer thread 22/23

Disappointing Mudryk has joined Chelsea but eager to see him play in the Premiership. Lads a talented player.
Agreed.

First saw him when came on against Scotland for Uktlraine and ran by 4 players and played a brilliant through ball with the outside of his foot.

Just looked a different level.

Savic to Newcastle would be an unbelievable signing. Him and Guimeres would be up there with the best two midfielders in the league. Still think they need a bit of attacking flair though as they seem pretty solid everywhere else.

That lot must be absolutely desperate for money or about to fall foul of FFP regulations to punt arguably the best striker they have mid-season for only a £1m profit.

Juranovic will probably be away before the window shuts as well. Looks like fat flanges crazy spending is starting the catch up with them.

That lot must be absolutely desperate for money or about to fall foul of FFP regulations to punt arguably the best striker they have mid-season for only a £1m profit.

Juranovic will probably be away before the window shuts as well. Looks like fat flanges crazy spending is starting the catch up with them.
Around a half a million profit roughly. Bought for 2.7m

At the start of the next transfer window Chelsea will have Mudryk, Sterling, Mount, Havertz, Ziyech, Pulisic, Broja, Nkunku, Datro Fofana, Hudson-Odoi, Lukaku & potentially Joao Felix and Aubameyang for three positions on the pitch?

That's not a plan, that's absolute madness.
Tbf come next season majority of they players won’t be there imo. Only ones that will be there next season will be mudryk, Sterling, mount, havertz, nkunku, fofana(potentially loaned out?) and felix if they look to sign him at the end of the season.

Strange one, not a massive profit and he is arguably their best striker.

He's the only one of their strikers that bothers our defence consistently really. Furuhashi is quick and can be a threat, but OF games can pass him by at times. Unlike Giakoumakis who is a constant physical threat. Obviously I don't count Maeda as a striker, as he mostly plays out wide for them.

It's a weird one they are cashing in for so very little profit. Rumours he wanted a new contract with a pay rise. Maybe tightening their belt a bit.

They're obviously going to bring a replacement in if he goes.

Player trading

Down sizing.

Some Celtic fans I'm seeing don't understand selling him, if you look at their squad they have a lot of dead flesh stealing a wage, i.e. Barkas, Ajeti, McCarthy etc. if they had got rid of them and gave him what he wanted in terms of money then that would be better business.

He is one of their better players.

he wanted improved terms, what they offered wasn't good enough so they are looking to offload him whilst he still has 3 years left.
I wonder what money he's on at the moment.

I listen to the podcast that has Grado and that Chris Toal on it. Toal said when he visited that lots training ground that the Greek striker went right through hatate and it didn't go down too well. Probably been a fall out behind the scenes and that's why they're happy to let him go.

I wonder what money he's on at the moment.

I listen to the podcast that has Grado and that Chris Toal on it. Toal said when he visited that lots training ground that the Greek striker went right through hatate and it didn't go down too well. Probably been a fall out behind the scenes and that's why they're happy to let him go.

getting limited game time off the bench for a while now, he does appear to be a bit of a mentalist, certainly likes to rumble things up on the pitch.

Got to hear he went through Hatate, shame he never put him in the medical room

Down sizing.

Some Celtic fans I'm seeing don't understand selling him, if you look at their squad they have a lot of dead flesh stealing a wage, i.e. Barkas, Ajeti, McCarthy etc. if they had got rid of them and gave him what he wanted in terms of money then that would be better business.

He is one of their better players.

They had operating expenses of £95,000,000 last season and that's before adding a ton of players over the last two windows.

Net spending over the last 12 months is currently - £27m and flange is still demanding more even more players.

They also have Ajeti (£5m) Barkas (£5m) and Soro (£2.5m) on the books plus need to find another several million to sign Moritz Jenz in the summer.

It was only a matter of time before flange was forced to downsize dramatically. He'll start throwing a hissy fit soon and threaten to leave now financial realty is starting to bite

They had operating expenses of £95,000,000 last season and that's before adding a ton of players over the last two windows.

Net spending over the last 12 months is currently - £27m and flange is still demanding more even more players.

They also have Ajeti (£5m) Barkas (£5m) and Soro (£2.5m) on the books plus need to find another several million to sign Moritz Jenz in the summer.

It was only a matter of time before flange was forced to downsize dramatically. He'll start throwing a hissy fit soon and threaten to leave now financial realty is starting to bite

he will do a Brendan Rodgers when he can't get his way.

Lawwell is back and he likes to control spending by squeezing spending as much as he can.

I’m a wee change of tact this lad is the best player I’ve ever seen at junior level. 43 goals scored already this season

Will be interesting to see what he does with Kelty. I think he had offers full time but he’s studying.

I was up at the Harthill Vs Boness game a couple of months back, the boy was Harthill mascot that day. This boy tore Harthill to shreds, think he got a first half hat trick and one of his goals arrowed right into the top corner, I was right behind it and was flabergasted.

I asked a few of the Boness supporters about him, and they said hes been getting looked at by senior clubs, but 1 half he can play like Ronaldo and the next half he struggles to trap a football.

Where is the guy that posted ages ago that he spoke to an agent that told him Giakoumakis and Juranovic where away in January?

Looks to be weird dealings going on with them as they both play and are getting hawked out and sold to pish teams for low amounts.

Last edited:
Lawwell is back and he likes to control spending by squeezing spending as much as he can.

Yep last time round he was the highest paid football CEO in Britain and gets a £3m a year bonus if they turn a profit over a certain amount I'd imagine he'll drive down costs as much as possible over the next 6-12 months.

When one of flange's players picks up an injury now he can't simply go out and sign a couple of replacements he has to do some coaching which will be a shock to the fat mess.

Wouldn't surprise me if he's gone within the next 12-18 months especially if his woeful performances in Europe don't improve.

We laugh at them for over estimating the value of their players but I did think they’d get a lot more than £10M combined for the Greek and Juranovic. Something weird going on there. ( I realise there’s always something weird going on there)

Back